Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedarkknightrises

Allowing A Sp To Use Your Laptop.

14 posts in this topic

1st ... Not sure if this is in the right section but I guess there is a tech question in here somewhere.

A Regular girl that I see asked me which websites I use.... she meant agencies but as I don't use agencies often I told her about Punternet, she had never heard of this site so I showed her on my laptop that there is more than just advertising on here & that the SP can interact with clients & abut the FR's etc. She said she would join.

We met a few days ago & I asked if she had joined, she said she tried too but got confused, I tried to tell her it's pretty simple to join.... we always meet in a hotels & she see's I always have my laptop with me, she said that next time we meet, she  would bring her CC along & asked me if I would help her to join using my laptop ( she does not carry her laptop around with her).

I don't have a problem with her using my laptop, she often does to browse sites or check her emails etc but if she joins PN using my laptop & then I sign into my own PN account it will show that we both use the same device to sign into 2 different accounts.

I remember a post about  stunningsophie & 1 of the mods posting that SS & 1 of the posters  logged in from the same account etc...

My question is will the mods or galahad suspect her profile is fake or flag either of us as being fraudsters & delete any future FR's etc?..... or am I over thinking this too much

I suspect at most it would reveal multiple accounts using the Hotel IP address rather than identify your laptop.

When you see a lady with multiple aliases on AW (sometimes in the 100's) that due to many WG's logging into their AW accounts from the same hotspot, then after several months of inactivity they drop down again.

My regular didn't understand why she has aliases until we worked out a friend of hers had logged into her own account from my reg's house.

I don't see this being a problem but I'm sure Galahad will advise if it is.

DG

I rarely let anyone use my computer equipment, certainly not a client and I'd not let anyone log into AW using my equipment. I've used wifi in a variety of public places, and as far as I'm aware I do not have any alias'(or none that I know of), so I'm not convinced that sharing wifi is to blame.

I rarely let anyone use my computer equipment, certainly not a client and I'd not let anyone log into AW using my equipment. I've used wifi in a variety of public places, and as far as I'm aware I do not have any alias'(or none that I know of), so I'm not convinced that sharing wifi is to blame.

It seems to only show aliases when I receive an AW message from a lady. No mentions of aliases on the profile but there's "Aliases" at the top of a message with a number.

DG

Just checked and AW no longer show aliases. Checked several ladies that have genuine aliases for working with hubby and/or another lady and none of them show an alias so it's one of the many changes over there.

DG

Just checked and AW no longer show aliases. Checked several ladies that have genuine aliases for working with hubby and/or another lady and none of them show an alias so it's one of the many changes over there.

DG

Thanks, sounds like a good idea but I've received emails from ladies who I know tour regular who haven't had alias, so not convinced. I think it's the machine.

DG

They certainly do still show them - I've just had somebody email to book today who showed an alias of an account which he had deleted (not that it mattered). It's the machine btw, not the wifi. More specifically it's using the same browser on the same machine, as far as I know at least.

They certainly do still show them - I've just had somebody email to book today who showed an alias of an account which he had deleted (not that it mattered). It's the machine btw, not the wifi. More specifically it's using the same browser on the same machine, as far as I know at least.

Fair enough, I stand corrected :)

Strange how I've come across ladies with literally hundreds of aliases and my lady that I referred to reckoned no-one else had used her laptop. A bit of googling has found there is something related to IP addresses too so it's probably a combination. Can't really post links to that as it's all I other message boards but seems be be stuff ladies are saying.

That all said I've just found this which backs up the sharing a browser theory which would make it a cookie issue:

http://www.adultwork.com/dlgKBArticle.asp?ArticleID=58

The other strange thing is that the lady I referred to has separate ID's for working with her hubby and for working with another lady but she doesn't show any aliases now even though I know they exist.

DG

Edited by Diamond Geezer

I can understand that the same IP Address could prove an alias (or not, if hotel, hotspot, etc used), but how would the "same machine'' be detected? That suggests that they are using some kind of tracking cookie or spyware, which you would hope would be prevented by a firewall etc.

Techies?

I can understand that the same IP Address could prove an alias (or not, if hotel, hotspot, etc used), but how would the "same machine'' be detected? That suggests that they are using some kind of tracking cookie or spyware, which you would hope would be prevented by a firewall etc.

Techies?

Private Browsing/Incognito etc would stop cookies and using a VPN would sort the IP issue.

DG

My question is will the mods or galahad suspect her profile is fake or flag either of us as being fraudsters & delete any future FR's etc?..... or am I over thinking this too much

I would think a quick email to Galahad explaining why the IP addresses are the same would clear it up. I did this once when someone signed up on my lappy. I just let him know so the newbie wouldnt find themselves banned..and me. He was cool about it possibly because I bothered letting him know x

Edited by Chloe Kisses

One thing I will say is your IP address on your laptop changes all the time (unlike a telephone number.) An IP address does not define a PC and a PC does not define the IP address it will use. The IP change could be due to location, hotel, home office etc. AND... Even if you turn your router off and on at home you may get well a new external IP address, each time. A whois look up on the new IP address will show the service provider for that IP address owner not your current  location. The published service providor street address in the whois look up could be 100 miles away. It is not recorded on a pc what IP addresses you have used or where you have been. ( unless you save "Holidayinn-banbury" in your prefered wireless router options, which is a time and date stamped record, lol)

I am more interested in cookies, fravorites, bookmarks and browser history, which are saved on my laptop wherever i take it and wherever I put it. If any laptop owner was concerned about a "tempoaray (Dyxslexia rouls)  user" leaving a "trace" of some sort on a laptop, I would suggest manually clearing these. 

Just let Galahad know that the girl is going to be using your laptop and her username. He will then know that its not just you trying to have multiple accounts. I let someone use my lappy a few years back and it was only afterwards that I realised what it would look like so I emailed him. x

I suppose you could enable the GUEST mode in your windows machine. This way the SP won't have access to your files/documents. Also, the browser will appear to be a different one from the one you use.

To be extra safe, you could also use something like < https://www.tunnelbear.com/ > which is free up to a certain monthly usage.