dbt

Wrecked My Car Straight After A Punt

58 posts in this topic

Saw MK Helen for the first time today. When I came out I was walking on air and my head was in the clouds. Got into my car in the underground car park over the road and forgot I was parked next to a post as I started reversing out. Unfortuneately, the post remembered it was there and I've done some serious damage to the side of my car.

I know when I've had blood tests they sometimes ask for you to stick around for 15 minutes afterwards before driving yourself home. Should working girls have rooms to sit in after a punt until you come down and your head's OK to drive?

Anyone else ever had a similar experience? Crashed their car/missed their turning/fell into an open sewage drain because they were on a post-punt high?

I had a similar thing happen, I arranged to meet an indie on aw before I went to work & that's all I could think about all day. I soon started thinking straight when I wiped out a bus stop pole with the back end of my bus :(  

Saw MK Helen for the first time today. When I came out I was walking on air and my head was in the clouds. Got into my car in the underground car park over the road and forgot I was parked next to a post as I started reversing out. Unfortuneately, the post remembered it was there and I've done some serious damage to the side of my car.

I know when I've had blood tests they sometimes ask for you to stick around for 15 minutes afterwards before driving yourself home. Should working girls have rooms to sit in after a punt until you come down and your head's OK to drive?

Anyone else ever had a similar experience? Crashed their car/missed their turning/fell into an open sewage drain because they were on a post-punt high?

Oh very dear, a catastrophe. Is there a "Mrs dbt" who requires an explanation of why you were in that particular car park?

One of my recurrent punting nightmares is an accident or breakdown which places me where I shouldn't be.

DG

Should working girls have rooms to sit in after a punt until you come down and your head's OK to drive?

What's stopping you from waiting in your car or paying extra for time to wind down after you're done?

Oh very dear, a catastrophe. Is there a "Mrs dbt" who requires an explanation of why you were in that particular car park?

One of my recurrent punting nightmares is an accident or breakdown which places me where I shouldn't be.

DG

Or a parking ticket !

when its possible i find a caff nearby and have a americano and perhaps a cake to recuperate.

Absolutely, which is why I try to only punt in places where there is a credible legit reason for me being there - rules out MK sadly.

when its possible i find a caff nearby and have a americano and perhaps a cake to recuperate.

Had a couple of near misses in the past. I now do the same as Cov. A coffee and a rest to get my head back together, and a few minutes for my legs to stop wobbling before they hit the pedals.

Take a walk around the block

Had a couple of near misses in the past. I now do the same as Cov. A coffee and a rest to get my head back together, and a few minutes for my legs to stop wobbling before they hit the pedals.

I won't have this particular problem soon. Have recently made an arrangement with "the" lady I've most wanted to see for a long time and I'll be taking the train :D

I'm always more conscious of my speed when I'm in a punting area too :eek: A speeding ticket on the doormat wouldn't be good anytime but even worse if I had to explain why I was even there.

DG

I know when I've had blood tests they sometimes ask for you to stick around for 15 minutes afterwards before driving yourself home. Should working girls have rooms to sit in after a punt until you come down and your head's OK to drive?

Sorry to read about this. I assume your question about SPs having rooms to sit in after a punt is a joke, if not its your responsibility you are driving, its fuck all to do with the SP.

Luckily not crashed but i have had some near misses over the years after punts where i was so shagged out.

Hardly the SP's fault for giving you such a good time that you needed R & R before being able to function again.In such circumstances I either take a 10 minute walk, or sit in the car and have 40 winks (and yes I did spell that right)!

First few punts put me in run red light mode. Suggest  you punt more often, this may help you to cope.

Living in London I always travel by tube to punts, but when I've had an especially great punt, on the way back I've had some funny looks as I've failed to hide the all too massive grin on my face. People are supposed to be miserable on the tube, and it freaks people out when they aren't! ;)

Edited by Mr Orange

Living in London I always travel by tube to punts, but when I've had an especially great punt, on the way back I've had some funny looks as I've failed to hide the all too massive grin on my face. People are supposed to be miserable on the tube, and it freaks people out when they aren't! ;)

Same with me.

No longer a driver and going to all my punts by public transport in the M62 corridor, I often have to appear to read the Metro free paper on my way home.  Otherwise my post-punt :D [and, yes, it usually is that big!] would seriously piss the commuters on my train home off!

We live and we learn dbt :(

For DBT

DG

Yes, there is a Mrs dbt. I got lucky and had a perfectly good reason to be in that car park.

What's stopping you from waiting in your car or paying extra for time to wind down after you're done?

At the time, I didn't have the sense to not hit a stationary object. What makes you think I had the sense to stop and wind down? :)

Sorry to read about this. I assume your question about SPs having rooms to sit in after a punt is a joke, 

Yes, it was a joke. Helen was not responsible for my stupidity, and at no point did I ever think she was. 

Once I calmed down and worked out how I was going to tell Mrs dbt I found the whole thing kind of funny. Then I rang Helen's maid and said to thank Helen again for the wonderful time and if their was any question of how much I enjoyed it, there was the proof.

I really wanted to see Helen this week as she had a special offer of £100 for an hour booking. Didn't turn out to be much of a bargain for me. :lol:  

With the benefit of hindsight, I bet dbt now thinks he should have paid for a treble session - he would have been no worse off!!

Agree, we tend to be on a high straight after a punt. Personally, I try to pick my times so that I haven't got to go to a work appointment or even straight home immediately after. I often pop to a nearby coffee shop or McDs and just wind down for half an hour or so.

With the benefit of hindsight, I bet dbt now thinks he should have paid for a treble session - he would have been no worse off!!

Agree, we tend to be on a high straight after a punt. Personally, I try to pick my times so that I haven't got to go to a work appointment or even straight home immediately after. I often pop to a nearby coffee shop or McDs and just wind down for half an hour or so.

Many times I've dropped my OH off for a meal with the girls, gone for a punt then straight back to the OH within 30 mins of leaving the lady's boudoir. I then have a drink with the girls, chatting about all things but thinking about the lady :D it can be done but I do have to consciously stop myself wearing a silly smirk.

DG

Same with me.

No longer a driver and going to all my punts by public transport in the M62 corridor, I often have to appear to read the Metro free paper on my way home.  Otherwise my post-punt :D [and, yes, it usually is that big!] would seriously piss the commuters on my train home off!

So all you guys sporting big grins on the trains have a naughty secret ;)   Secret boys club in the making methinks :D  

Same here,in the tube aspect.No grin though,more dozy.Did however manage to fall asleep on the tube on the way back,standing up wrapped around the pole.

I did try a tube once, i vowed never again after a couple of very smelly people sat next to me, and a guy with a forehead like a neanderthal got shirty. ;)

I did try a tube once, i vowed never again after a couple of very smelly people sat next to me, and a guy with a forehead like a neanderthal got shirty. ;)

you are boris johnson and i claim my £5

you are boris johnson and i claim my £5

He isn't ^_^

And besides....Boris would turn up for a punt on a Boris Bike, surely :lol:

He isn't ^_^

And besides....Boris would turn up for a punt on a Boris Bike, surely :lol:

And i can guarantee i will NEVER cycle to a punt. ;)