porker paul

Deleting Threads

32 posts in this topic

I fully respect the right of moderators to delete threads in order to keep the forum free from bad behaviour etc. Would it be possible for the mod who chooses to delete a thread to put up a final post saying why. Sometimes this happens and sometimes not. It would help us humble posters to know why some things are deemed unsuitable.

Thanks for reading this

Paul

The chances are most people wouldnt get a chance to read the last post before it was deleted anyway. I guess they have their reasons why some are locked and some are deleted off the bat x

The chances are most people wouldnt get a chance to read the last post before it was deleted anyway. I guess they have their reasons why some are locked and some are deleted off the bat x

Actually I chose the wrong word; I meant this to apply to locked threads. (I realise that there is no point in posting anything on a deleted thread.) I am often a bit stupid in the morning, and certainly was this morning.Sorry!!

I think its usually pretty obvious why a thread is locked if you read the last few post  ;)

In addition to the question about deleted threads could I ask the following question:- when a post is deleted is the poster informed and are they told why? I've never had a post deleted (as far as I know) and if I have had one deleted have certainly never been informed.

But surely if it isn't already the practice then it would be a good idea to adopt it.

In addition to the question about deleted threads could I ask the following question:- when a post is deleted is the poster informed and are they told why? I've never had a post deleted (as far as I know) and if I have had one deleted have certainly never been informed.

But surely if it isn't already the practice then it would be a good idea to adopt it.

No i have had posts deleted and not been told why. Sometimes i assume its because i have quoted a post that admin had deleted so my post had to be deleted to. If i was that bothered i would PM admin and ask why.

In general, if a single post is deleted - or in the case of New Members, is not approved - because it fails to abide by Forum Rules but does not merit a warning I will PM the poster informing them.

If it does merit a warning the poster will always be informed of the reason.

In cases where a deleted post is followed by a cascade of posts which reference or quote the deleted one it would be very time-consuming to individually PM each poster; in these cases I usually post on the thread to inform readers that a number of posts have been removed, and why.

@Vin DaLoo or any mod.

Obviously not asking who etc etc but do you actually issue many warnings? I know we only see our own status and I'm just being nosey.

Also, how many warnings does it take to get a suspension/ban from the forum?

DG

@Vin DaLoo or any mod.

Obviously not asking who etc etc but do you actually issue many warnings? I know we only see our own status and I'm just being nosey.

Also, how many warnings does it take to get a suspension/ban from the forum?

DG

yes they do, I have a little accidental collection of them  :unsure:

I've been trying to get a warning for ages to no avail. This no warning thing goes against my rebellious nature!

All mods smell!  

yes they do, I have a little accidental collection of them  :unsure:

and I bet there 're all for touting .

And are yours for crimes to spelling/grammar? 

In general, if a single post is deleted - or in the case of New Members, is not approved - because it fails to abide by Forum Rules but does not merit a warning I will PM the poster informing them.

Excellent response no. 1

If it does merit a warning the poster will always be informed of the reason.

Excellent response no. 2

In cases where a deleted post is followed by a cascade of posts which reference or quote the deleted one it would be very time-consuming to individually PM each poster; in these cases I usually post on the thread to inform readers that a number of posts have been removed, and why.

Excellent response no. 3.         I assume that this is the course of action for all the mods.   Thank you for answering my question.

And are yours for crimes to spelling/grammar? 

Lydia oh my dear Lydia you are so harsh         Punish him by ramming your strapon up his ..........?           You are so good with every quip         Perhaps he might like the feel of your............?

Im constantly surprised at just how often one man can be so wrong...unless its you in which case its never a surprise when you are wrong lol x 

Lydia oh my dear Lydia you are so harsh         Punish him by ramming your strapon up his ..........?           You are so good with every quip         Perhaps he might like the feel of your............?

Perhaps she knows her strapon would be no punishment for me , more of a pleasure .   I would love a feel of her ....... ?     

Im constantly surprised at just how often one man can be so wrong...unless its you in which case its never a surprise when you are wrong lol x 

Ok , but don't go calling me a man .   I know my place , I am a lowlife , scumbag punter  .

Warnings are given for a whole host of reasons which can be distilled into a simple explanation, breaking posting rules.

From when I was a mod, warnings arose at greatly varying rates generally reflecting the mood of the forum, excessive friskiness (Lydia ;) ) grumpiness and personal attacks, touting, trying to post links to websites selling irrelevant stuff (like iPhones :P ) in the main forum. Any number of things.

Please remember that while it is desirable for mods to give feedback or justification for their decisions that it can become very time consuming.

Warnings are given for a whole host of reasons which can be distilled into a simple explanation, breaking posting rules.

From when I was a mod, warnings arose at greatly varying rates generally reflecting the mood of the forum, excessive friskiness (Lydia ;) ) grumpiness and personal attacks, touting, trying to post links to websites selling irrelevant stuff (like iPhones :P ) in the main forum. Any number of things.

Please remember that while it is desirable for mods to give feedback or justification for their decisions that it can become very time consuming.

I do appreciate the job that all the mods do, and I was really after an explanation of why some threads get locked. I used the word "deleted" in error in the title.

Fair enough for deleted threads but when one is locked, it isn't always obvious to a thicko like me. Anyway it has generated some discussion, which is never a bad thing.

I do appreciate the job that all the mods do, and I was really after an explanation of why some threads get locked. I used the word "deleted" in error in the title.

Fair enough for deleted threads but when one is locked, it isn't always obvious to a thicko like me. Anyway it has generated some discussion, which is never a bad thing.

If we hit the right button then nothing gets deleted, its just hidden from public view, that way the Mod team can review it if necessary make changes, or just to keep a record of posting paterns. In an ideal world we try to keep everyone updated as to our actions but sometimes time is short and a shed load of pm's or post replies is just not an option, but to be honest if a thread is hidden from view its for a good reason and in some cases that reason is best kept away from the forum.

If everyone read the posting rules, cut out the trolling, touting and cheerleading then life would be so easy here I may be able to post more!

If we had double the number of Mods then things would be easier but its not a job that we have a waiting list of applicants!

If we had double the number of Mods then things would be easier but its not a job that we have a waiting list of applicants!

1) Do Mods get paid?

2) Do Mods receive punting vouchers?

3) Do Mods have to work long hours in a rota?

4) I nominate Porker Paul, Spklors, Zipless, Gibbs and myself.

5) If not accepted can we have out own team, a bit like being the Buff's (Buffalos) to your FreeMasons? We can be the "Custardodions" of good humour :D

DG

1) Do Mods get paid?

2) Do Mods receive punting vouchers?

3) Do Mods have to work long hours in a rota?

4) I nominate Porker Paul, Spklors, Zipless, Gibbs and myself.

5) If not accepted can we have out own team, a bit like being the Buff's (Buffalos) to your FreeMasons? We can be the "Custardodions" of good humour :D

DG

It's 5 "No"s from me :P

do mods wear parkas and ride lambrettas?

How wise you are. I would make a terrible Mod. :D

More of a Rocker...

Ok , but don't go calling me a man .   I know my place , I am a lowlife , scumbag punter  .

Well hey, if thats how you view yourself then you have my everlasting pity.This game isnt for everyone, I guess you need a certain strength of character which not all people have. Im lucky to only see guys who view themselves as men and act accordingly.  Tbh if I had someone standing in front of me snivveling like you did there it would rather put me off them x

Edited by Chloe Kisses