stevieg

A/work...sp's Logging In From Different Countries?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all. Apologies if I have posted on wrong board...and I have done a search on this.Regarding AW...I am intrigued when some people mention that an sp has logged in recently, but from a different country. How or where is this shown please...I can't seem to find it?

It's visible at the bottom section of their profiles, where it says town, county, country ect. It's only showing if they're accessing from another country, so you won't see it if they're not.

Down in the bottom left corner, above where it details;

Town: Cardiff

County: Cardiff

Region: Wales

Accessing From: Poland

Nationality: Polish

Edited by Corus Boy

Thanks Corus Boy...I missed that one. Nice one.

It's useful but not 100% reliable though.

I logged in to do a search one day and noticed that it initially only gave me options in Greece as that was the country AW detected I was accessing from - I was actually in that part of Greece generally known as London!

There's an old thread on this somewhere - my situation, and that of others similarly affected, was probably caused by my ISP routing me through Greece as it may have been a cheaper route to Belize or wherever the f*ck AW is.

It's useful but not 100% reliable though.

I logged in to do a search one day and noticed that it initially only gave me options in Greece as that was the country AW detected I was accessing from - I was actually in that part of Greece generally known as London!

There's an old thread on this somewhere - my situation, and that of others similarly affected, was probably caused by my ISP routing me through Greece as it may have been a cheaper route to Belize or wherever the f*ck AW is.

I have heard that accesing aw through mobile rather than a landline can cause this.  The one I discussed with a girl was cos she was on Orange. 

When at work my computer thinks its in another country -where the main servers are.  So the 'detect my location via ip address' is completely useless.

I have heard that accesing aw through mobile rather than a landline can cause this. The one I discussed with a girl was cos she was on Orange.

When at work my computer thinks its in another country -where the main servers are. So the 'detect my location via ip address' is completely useless.

If you access through a VPN you could be anywhere in the world.

DG