Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gibbs

Why Can't I Post On Music?

9 posts in this topic

So far this morning I've managed to do 14 posts (which has surprised me) but I have been trying for the last 2+ hours to post on the two threads about music to punt to and music to avoid on a punt. Every time I attempt to post on those threads I get instantly kicked off this site completely and have to start from scratch again. I am using my iPhone as normal and as I say have found no problem with the other threads.

I have sent a post to the Administrator but then, with a flash of inspiration, thought I should post here. Is anyone else having a problem? Other people seem to have no problem with posting on those threads. Would my pc be any different? Unfortunately, due to circumstances, I am unable to find out at the moment.

Hmmm, no idea what the issue is there.

I'll flag this up for G to take a look at. 

I did test posts with my iphone on both the threads you mentioned with no difficulties.

Have you tried a cold shutdown and restart of your phone?

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Immediately after I saw that you had been successful with your tests I tried it again and the same result but it only shut the website on those two threads. I tried another five threads and nothing happened. I'll follow your advice and turn my phone off completely and then see if it still happens.

Thankfully what I was going to post on those threads wasn't of world shattering importance. But then again are any posts?

Turned my iPhone off and restarted it (I assume that's what you meant by cold shutdown) but it's still the same. I'll try and get some time on the pc asap (living in this world of secrecy can be a bugger sometimes) and see if the same thing happens. If it's just a glitch at my end then I'll just have to find someone who isn't a tech dummy like me to sort it out.

Might be something on the page of that thread messing your phone up.

I noticed theres embedded Videos on it. 

Are you replying using the quick reply at the bottom of the page?

Have you tried replying using the "reply to this thread" button at the top or the "more reply options" button at the bottom as that will give you a new page to write the reply to incase something on the thread page is messing your phone up.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it later. Still haven't been on the pc to see if that's the same.

Try another browser, I find Mercury is excellent and you can also pin protect it.

Other iPhone browsers I've used are Opera, Dolphin, Atomic, Google and Puffin. Before settling on Mercury the Atomic browser was my preferred.

DG

Edited by Diamond Geezer

No problem with my pc. I was using the quick reply button at the bottom but then tried the "reply to this topic" at the top and I posted without a problem.

Thanks for the help Overworked. I'll look at using the Mercury browser DG. First time this has happened in over 1400 posts.