widdlewilly

Shepherds Market Walk Up Thread

107 posts in this topic

Haven't been there for years since the calls were on the streets asking if I wanted some " company". Saw some girls winking from the windows above but truth be told, apart from a venture to a Spanish restaurant last year and a mosey round, I noticed a few open "doors", but no "invites", shall we say. As I recall, it was an upmarket Soho. Is it still an area worth walking?

To be pedantic, I think it is "Shepherd Market", and, I rather think, just hanging on - on Monday night I only saw two inviting doors - too many up-market ( = up price?) restaurants, I fear.

yeah just about hanging on i think... but i havent punted there for a while... it got hit by the crusade against prostitution and then by the economy and never really bounced back... yeah like soho but a bit more up market/expensive... the trade off being it was always a bit more comfortable and relaxed... not like the soho, with the bloody doorbell going constantly... rooms a bit bigger and well maintained...

in the early to mid noughties it was thriving with between 15 and 20 girls available i think (thats not including phone box rooms and brothels) with some real gems to be found... but of course some dogs and rip offs...

now its down to around 5 girls in walkups (if that)... dont know about brothels and phone box rooms. expect to pay around £80 for half an hour.

but even the shops and resturaunts have gone down hill i think...

I used to have a lot of fun round there... they all knew me...

Apparently there is a nice brazilian girl at 50A who i plan to see... but she also works at soho (see the soho walkup thread and mayfair wiki for details) so she is probably cheaper to see in soho...

I have a soft spot for shepherd(s) market though... so many fond memories... all of them sick and depraved!

It would be great if it bounced back but i cant see it... let us know what you find down there...

here's some of my memoirs taken from other threads:

taken from a thread about fucking the maid:

I ": ) a few years back, round sheperds market there was a maid that was always coming on to me while I was waiting for this girl and the girl used to hint heavily to me that the maid was gagging for it... but she wasn't my type at all... not sure if that would have been a business transaction or not...

another room round shepards market all the maids were off duty wg's and part of the rota for that room so threesomes were negotiable, but you couldn't choose the maid over the girl...

again round sheperds market, I remember knocking at one of those creepy rooms at 18 trebek street late one NYE because everywhere else was closed and one of the strange oversize black maids that seem to live there told me that the girl had gone home but offered to "help" me... I declined without finding out exactly what the "help" would be and how much it would cost, but I suspect a hand job for an extortionate rate... you would have to be fucking desperate to get a hard on in the company of any of those old bag ladies though... sometimes they go up park lane scrounging small change by sobbing in the gutter and saying they have lost their bus fare and can't get home to Brixton... there is something very sinister about the whole set up at that address.

A thread about blackmail:

I once saw somebody very famous in a shepherds market walk up (one of the market mews ones, that had been hijacked by russians)... a few months later they all got closed down and a girl round the corner that had been displaced by the russians told me that somebody famous had been blackmailed but went to the police and got them all nicked...

on the subject of Porscha returning:

nah... can't see it, good luck with that... a very long shot indeed, let us know if you find her...

I never had the pleasure but she walked past me once by green park tube and she was with a maid so i knew it was a hooker and i was like "wow... who the fuck is that?" so i gave it 15 minutes and went down there... i had a feeling the maid was from that walk up but when i got there the sign said "english blonde" so i thought that can't be her and I went round checking every room hoping for a sign saying "brazilian sex kitten" or something... I knew most of the girls round there anyway, so couldnt work out who she was until I read a FR and I realised she was in fact an english blonde...

still never got round to seeing her...

Same thread but some general info about punting in sheperds market, probably now well out of date:

I went to the oriental room a couple of months ago and fucked a milf... mainly because i coudnt be bothered to shop around... not a bad service, pretty face, 10 years too late for her body though... breast massage, owo, nut sucking, fucked her with her knickers on : ) and she talked dirty the whole time the slut but she charged the standard £80 when that room used to be £60... everywhere else is £80 for half hour still i think...

sonias still there (...yawn) - barbara is her maid : ) she's funny and that crazy scottish one still hangs around doing 2somes with sonia apparently

that fucking bench means everybody sees you go into the two rooms opposite each other - both doing average looking EE girls i think

trebek street - naiko has been there for about 100 years... i got a sulky, indifferent service from her about 10 years ago (i mean that - 10 years - literally i'm not exagerating) so i hate to think what shes like now, i got a similar sulky indifferent service from umiko about 8 or 9 months ago - enhanced, very skinny but pretty face with saucy specs... she said she's korean

spooky, weird vibe in that walk up, its the only place i've known where orientals have attitude - not recommended.

I wish katrina would come back...

A thread about coincidents:

its happened to me at work... i fucked a black girl from the states in sheperds market... we were really surprised to realise we were living not only in the same small town about 50 miles from london, but the same area - coincidence enough you would think... but then a few months later i started a new job in a local factory and on my first day, as I was going home from the day shift, the night shift were taking over and guess who rolled in... she looked really panicked (was obviously not working anymore)... i was kind of bemused and was hoping to ask her out but it was another week before our shifts came round again and then she was gone... she must have left in case i told anyone... i felt bad that she thought she had to leave...

A thread about male receptionists:

I remember a really dodgy brothel in sheperds market, there was an african girl as reception but there was a pimp there...the room I was shown to had a glass door with a curtain on the outside which the girl would draw across when she closed the door... I was doggie styling this japanese girl and I noticed some feet walk up to the curtain... then a tiny corner was pulled aside and an eye appeared! He saw me looking and quickly drew the curtain back... then he had another peek to see if i was still looking, I was so he fucked off and I decided to end the session... the girl was off her head on coke... the place was well dodgy, it was around 2003 when sheperds market was thriving... her name was yoko, she wanted me to take her out... she gave me her mobile number but i lost it... she had a cracking ass on her and wore stockings with suspenders... I was gagging to give her some more doggy and maybe try some of the marching powder, so I went back but she wasn't there... i asked for a different room this time, one where he couldn't spy and i fucked this nice albanian girl... we were chatting and lost track of time and he came and banged on the door to say time up... the girl looked terrified...

Around 2009 an english milf came up to me and asked if i was "looking for business" around the archway near the phone box - old school, maybe she was a cop? i think she was for real though...

The girls round there used to tell me about this pervert who used to ask to have all the condoms out of the bins emptied over him... they used to tell him no and he would sneak up at closing time and steal the rubbish bag containing the condoms...

it was great round there once, funny as fuck... its all over now though i think

Post #3 must take the prize for the longest post ever!

yeah sorry got a bit carried away there!

to cut a long story short... sheperds market is fucked.

yeah sorry got a bit carried away there!

to cut a long story short... sheperds market is fucked.

That's what I call a very succinct précis! :)

Yeah, Sheperds market was a thriving place with street girls who would match the quality of some "high class" girls on websites nowadays. One did not even have to have a car! One girl, quite posh with public school accent had a sports car and would drive you to a quiet spot - seat backs could be reclined and comfortable. There were also two spots in the neighbourhood, just off Brekely sq : one, was the parking space with a shed for bicycles - you enter through the back gate and it was pitch dark late at night. and do it on your coats! The other was a doorstep set back in a narrow road - it would be pitch dark and hardly anyone would would walk past at that time of the night. One did it standing up there, but in the nude! sometimes, mates of the girl would stan nearby to alert if anyone approached. It never happened to me and I have used the spot many times in the early hours.

Must take a walk in the area to see if i could still find those places - Ok during the eighties and early nineties student days ... now I would not have the guts to do anything like that even if the place reamined the same.

Yeah, Sheperds market was a thriving place with street girls who would match the quality of some "high class" girls on websites nowadays. One did not even have to have a car! One girl, quite posh with public school accent had a sports car and would drive you to a quiet spot - seat backs could be reclined and comfortable. There were also two spots in the neighbourhood, just off Brekely sq : one, was the parking space with a shed for bicycles - you enter through the back gate and it was pitch dark late at night. and do it on your coats! The other was a doorstep set back in a narrow road - it would be pitch dark and hardly anyone would would walk past at that time of the night. One did it standing up there, but in the nude! sometimes, mates of the girl would stan nearby to alert if anyone approached. It never happened to me and I have used the spot many times in the early hours.

Must take a walk in the area to see if i could still find those places - Ok during the eighties and early nineties student days ... now I would not have the guts to do anything like that even if the place reamined the same.

Experiences like this are sadly missed and sadly lacking in today's homogenised, standardised, sanitised world.

I'd love to sample something a bit edgy like this. Reminds me of the 80s when I first dabbled in this pleasure hunt.

yeah that must have been great when it was all wide open and tolerated, no cctv, no heavy coppers with machine guns... i started punting in '97 in soho and i didnt start using shepherds market until maybe 2001, it was really cool and relaxed but i don't remember any street walkers...

its all online now, bloody research then make an appointment... wheres the fun in that? I used to love heading up to the westend for the evening you never knew what was going to happen or who/what you might come across...

i remember reading a newspaper article about wg's cruising mayfair in cars... at the time i dismissed it as bullshit...

RIP sheperds market

i'm going down there to see whats going... watch this space...

i'm sitting here watching the "kings speech" and they made a reference to sheperds market being redlight! lol

whats in shpherds market now? Anything worth looking at?

There are at least 4 walk ups open at the moment.

"whats in shpherds market now? Anything worth looking at?"

As documented above... well in decline... not even a shadow of it's former glory, more like a distant echo, a fading memory... the whole area is actually.

What used to be good about sheperds market was it was open late with many rooms open until 4am, 5am even 6am, one place in market mews was even 24/7 for a bit... the girls worked shifts... you could go there literally anytime of day or night and get a service... nice girls as well.

But I went down there a few weeks back at around 11pm on a sunday and only found three flats open... i tried one but she was a minger... tried another and an average looking, but nice enough 30 something EE brunette answered, i would have stayed but she had just let one in and told me to call back... tried the third and was let in to wait but i changed my mind and went home empty handed...

what was strange was even most of the resturaunts were closed and the place was dead apart from the odd frustrated punter or two scuttling round in the shadows...

i'm still determined to go down there and try someone out to see what goes on down there these days... will report when i do...

is nobody else going down there in the name of research? OP how about you? VFM what do you know?

Are the prices still way higher than soho? I'd hope not if the area is shrinking as they need the business. Good job ralhar - report back on the research :)

It use to be very high class

Edited by test2

Are the prices still way higher than soho? I'd hope not if the area is shrinking as they need the business. Good job ralhar - report back on the research :)

It use to be very high class

I`d never been there before up until a week ago, seemed like a great little hidden part of London and felt a bit like being in Paris just from the way it looked with the cafes and small shops, wish I`d discovered it years ago as it was way nicer than I was expecting. It wasn`t at all obvious at first that there were even any flats there, so I was randomly wandering around until I found a couple of open doors.

I went in flat 50A, as that`s where Elana said she worked normally when I saw her at Romilly St (albeit Mon/Tues I think, but I was hoping), she wasn`t there but it was a girl who is normally at Bateman St (Sacha I think - very pretty but body not so great). It used to be £20 for a BJ at Bateman St with her, she now said the cheapest she could do it was £40! So I made like a News of the World reporter and made my excuses and left. She did say that she hated it in Soho, and that Shepherds Market was a much nicer place to work, I guess the higher pricing reflects the area and the weekday clientele who would still find it cheap.

I would still go back to try and find Elana, as she was a stunning Brazilian girl with a great figure, but otherwise I`d stick to Soho. Plus it makes me wonder what other little hidden gems there are like Shepherds Market in London.

yeah recently some soho girls do turn up in sheperds market (and vice versa) in particular that room...

the last time i saw rebecca (spanish/indian/whatever of greek st walk down) was there, had a great time with her, where as in soho i had always found her moody and bad tempered, all streetwise and arrogant...

the prices were always a bit higher (that's actually arguable as £80 for half an hour isn't far off soho prices) but its a much more relaxed punt, bigger better maintained rooms, the girls more friendly and in the past were better looking... these days i can't really say...

I doubt there's any point in going down there with less than £80 for a decent half hour session... if you want a cheap quickie then probably better off in soho

mind you last time i went to 50A the girl said £70 for half hour and i said no because i didnt fancy her and she how much then? i felt bad but left anyway...

they always used to be on a percentage for the rent down there as opposed to the fixed price in soho...

"Plus it makes me wonder what other little hidden gems there are like Shepherds Market in London."

unfortunately none as far as i know...

i've heard of walk ups in kings cross (now long gone) and i remember a walk up in pollen street just off regent street by berkeley square - where i had my first punt (bloody awful) i found it through a phone box card but they had the door open and a dodgy sign saying "please walk in" or something... it was right opposite the pub (pitcher and piano?) and next to a cafe full queers and media types, everybody smirking as you go in and come out...

walkups are dying out... like street walking... the internet has changed things plus the anti whore brigade are very good at what they do... i think the economy collapsing is what did sheperds market in... its never bounced back

i remember a walk up in pollen street just off regent street by berkeley square - where i had my first punt (bloody awful) i found it through a phone box card but they had the door open and a dodgy sign saying "please walk in" or something...

At one stage there were 2 french women working there. 

Brigitte was very elegant and had moved there from D'Arbley St. 

Huguette was ancient, didn't quote a price but seemed happy with any custom at all.  But it certainly wasn't from me.

Hi, new member here. Work in the area and have walked past a couple of time and was hoping some veterans might assist!

Does the typical price list approach apply here? I.e. is there a set price for ten mins and then negotiated extras, but from a higher price point that soho, or is it all 30 mins? Anyone know what that price point is?

I like the sound of Elana, any price info on her?

Any info on any other girl who works there regularly at all beyond that in the wiki which seems a little thin and our of date?

Thanks in advance!!

it was a black brazilian girl when i went... really dismal service i only remember 1 room being open though... sorry i think its hanover square not berkley sq

Anybody know if Charlotte of 20 Market Mews (1994 onwards) is still working and where? I saw her ad in a contact magazine some years later. She was 18 when she started and around 20 in 1995. Short, petite with cracking breasts.

: )

fucking hell ronn 1994!

you're a loyal customer i'll give you that...

At one stage there were 2 french women working there. 

Brigitte was very elegant and had moved there from D'Arbley St. 

Huguette was ancient, didn't quote a price but seemed happy with any custom at all.  But it certainly wasn't from me.

Remind me please! Bridget was a small pocket rocket mature stunner, very chic and an amazing f@ck, she had a beautiful apartment in Paris and we had a meal once, sadly missed ....

Hi, new member here. Work in the area and have walked past a couple of time and was hoping some veterans might assist!

Does the typical price list approach apply here? I.e. is there a set price for ten mins and then negotiated extras, but from a higher price point that soho, or is it all 30 mins? Anyone know what that price point is?

Any info on any other girl who works there regularly at all beyond that in the wiki which seems a little thin and our of date?

Thanks in advance!!

Sorry geez, I somehow missed this post...

my info is perhaps out of date but prices always used to start at around £50 which would be for a handjob or oral... but somebody above said they were recently offered a blow job for £40...

traditionally it has always been a bit higher priced than soho... i never used to go there for a quicky, always 30min sessions usually at £80 but go on in and have a chat to one of the girls and see what they say... and then report back here : )

careful if you're working round there though it's easy to get seen in the day....

Thanks in advance!!

I don`t know how much Elana charges, as I`ve only seen her when she was covering in Soho, but if it`s around £80 for 1/2 hr as Ralhar says (thanks for your interesting replies Ralhar by the way), then I`d say it`s worth it. She`s one of the best looking girls I`ve ever seen in a walkup (I went back again an hour later for round 2 I was so impressed!), if you like the dark haired Arabic/exotic slim petite type then you`ll be in love!

As Ralhar wisely say`s though, if you work there you`ll need to be very careful/lucky to not get seen. Depends what you do and who you work with I guess. Oh and on a slightly pervy note, I went in the tobacanist there and enjoyed looking down the low cut top of the lovely young girl who was working there, an added freebie bonus worth taking up smoking for!  :D