Diamond Geezer

Accessing Punternet On O2 3G

8 posts in this topic

Today O2 has started telling me I need to be verified as 18 to access PunterNet!

I don't particularly want to ring them and ask for adult pages but I've circumvented their restriction with Hotspot Shield VPN.

Anyone else just started getting denial of access on 3G?

DG

Orange used to do that to me as well, if you got an online account, check to see if your safeguard viewing (18+ sites) has been enabled, then back on your mobile, disconnect from the 3G network, and reconnect again, used to solve that prob for me

I had to verify for my network.  easy online.

Today O2 has started telling me I need to be verified as 18 to access PunterNet!

I don't particularly want to ring them and ask for adult pages but I've circumvented their restriction with Hotspot Shield VPN.

DG

Yes i posted about this on a thread on this board, last year i think. In my case i either had to pay £1 by credit card or go to an o2 shop with ID to prove i was over 18. I had no problem doing the latter.

However, i certainly did have a problem when i got blocked again for the same reason. As i dont get younger in age i really had a go at a manager who immediately lifted the block, despite his colleague telling me it can take up to 24 hours. I have had the block since and adult sites get diverted to the o2 homepage, i simply log-off and back on and i can then access adult sites. o2 are a very very poorly run company in my experiences, BUT they offer me good compensation when i complain.

As i get online with a mobile dongle i used to get this problem all the time with Vodaphone.Seemed to happen randomlyUsed to annoy the life out of me.Having to traipse up the shop and get it lifted.
As said,sometimes shutting the programme down and re starting used to work,but not all the time.Oddly enough,in with all the adult sites it also used to block the yahoomail homepage.On three now.Never had any blocks put in place,even when i first got the device

DG

I am on the o2 network ( contract) & have no problem accessing Punternet & AW with 3G.

Are you using PAYG or on a contract? If PAYG then they are probably checking if your 18 or over as you might not be registered, if you are on a contract then have no idea!.

I had that problem about a year ago, (not with punternet though) I just called customer services, pointed out that I was over 18 and didn't want or need my web browsing censoring.  If it helps, I told them it wouldn't let me onto a gambling website.  They asked for a £1 payment by credit card to prove you are over 18, and that £1 is knocked off your next bill (so no real cost involved)

I am on the o2 network ( contract) & have no problem accessing Punternet & AW with 3G.

Are you using PAYG or on a contract? If PAYG then they are probably checking if your 18 or over as you might not be registered, if you are on a contract then have no idea!.

I'm on a multi iPhone business contract and I manage the account with O2.

Strangely all is good again today (without me contacting O2)! I didn't even think about it until I'd spent about 20 minutes on PunterNet and realised I hadn't enabled the VPN.

Happy Dayz :D

DG