Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deuce

Hpv / Gential Warts

2 posts in this topic

Seems like condoms don't offer much protection against HPV and it can be transmitted through skin contact. Also highly contagious which makes me worried. Have heard there is a vaccine similar to Hep B in the sense that its multiple injections over a period of time. However the vaccine is only ever given to women and usually young women and teenage girls. Haven't been able to find any info on whether a grown man can avail of this vaccine and if in fact it would be effective for me. Anyone know about this or actually had the vaccine?

Seems like condoms don't offer much protection against HPV and it can be transmitted through skin contact. Also highly contagious which makes me worried. Have heard there is a vaccine similar to Hep B in the sense that its multiple injections over a period of time. However the vaccine is only ever given to women and usually young women and teenage girls. Haven't been able to find any info on whether a grown man can avail of this vaccine and if in fact it would be effective for me. Anyone know about this or actually had the vaccine?

From the information I've read the HPV vaccine only protects against a couple of the many strains of HPV, and most adults have already been exposed to a variety of the different strains which is why it's considered a bit of a waste of time over a certain age.

This might be of use to you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HPV_vaccine#Efficacy

I believe you can obtain this vaccine privately if you do wish to obtain it however it appears to only be licensed for use in males or females up to the age of 26.

http://www.pallmallmedical.co.uk/our-services/vaccinations/hpv/?gclid=CIih3PL-uLYCFUnMtAodW3IA_Q

Edited by Strawberry