punt

When To Attend An Sti Clinic

8 posts in this topic

Let's say someone has punt x and they want to get tested for anything from punt x and before. To maximize detection of numerous STDs, including all of the more dangerous ones, when do you think is the best time to get checked after punt x?

12 weeks I think to be certain.

You can be tested reliably for most bacterial infections after about ten days; blood-borne and viral stuff you'll be looking at 3-6 months 'officially' but most people develop detectable levels of antibodies within 8 weeks. 

I've got into the habit of going every three months..that was based on the advice given to me at the clinic. 

Never has an std/sti in my life and iv worked in the sex industry 5 yrs, I get checked every 3 months. Very important for girls and those who punt. Xx

2 weeks after sex for most infections so they can be detected and treated quickly, or 3 months to make sure 100% you are clean of them.

1 month for deadly ones like HIV, some health clinics say 3 or 6 months to be 100% certain you are clean. When you go to give blood they always recommend you to not have had any casual bareback sex/oral within the last 12 months.

2 weeks after sex for most infections so they can be detected and treated quickly, or 3 months to make sure 100% you are clean of them.

1 month for deadly ones like HIV, some health clinics say 3 or 6 months to be 100% certain you are clean. When you go to give blood they always recommend you to not have had any casual bareback sex/oral within the last 12 months.

They also say you shouldn't give blood for a set amount of time if you've paid for sex, and if you've been paid for sex then you can never give blood ever again.

If you see multiple partners during the year, whether WGs, casual relationships, whatever, you should be getting tested every 3 months, and obviously if you get any symptoms that worry you, you should also visit a clinic then.