irishhighking

Tv Interview With Ex-Prostitute

47 posts in this topic

She's not got a good word for the punters: see from 1:34:34.

Sour faced bitch. Seems she has had a really bad set of experiences but working the streets at 14 in Ireland does not make her typical of prostitutes or an expert on punters .... "not possible (for punters) to be kind" and  "using women's bodies as masturbation devices", what an absurd thing to say!

lol..  Typical media.  Obviously they're using this to push their own agenda.

That said, I don't think the average Joe knows how the industry operates, and thinks it's largely about street hookers and drugs.  Most likely, the media thinks this also (which doesn't make sense since journalists are meant to investigate, but there you go).

"I was a cocaine addict"

Say no more. She was a pure street prostitute doing it only for the money. Too many women are doing it for the same reason, to me thats the disgusting part.

Theres loads of jobs we all hate doing which push come to shove we do it anyway just for the money. Some people need a reality check. If you cant find a job you're happy enough doing then just end your life instead of turning to a job you obviously dont enjoy at all.

"I was a cocaine addict"

Say no more. She was a pure street prostitute doing it only for the money. Too many women are doing it for the same reason, to me thats the disgusting part.

Theres loads of jobs we all hate doing which push come to shove we do it anyway just for the money. Some people need a reality check. If you cant find a job you're happy enough doing then just end your life instead of turning to a job you obviously dont enjoy at all.

Not being able to find a job that you enjoying doing is NOT a valid reason to end your life!!!!!

Life is a gift and it's up to us to make the most of it whatever our circumstances.

My brother took his own life. I don't blame him because he was very depressed. Something that i wasn't aware of because he lived in a different country. We were in contact most weeks but i just didn't pick up on his situation.

It just left and always will leave a huge amount of regret, sorrow and shock for the family and friends and is never the best solution.

If anyone reading this is feeling desperate then PLEASE find help. That is the best way out believe me.

And please......don't trivialize the matter on this board. It caused tragedy in my life and does for far too many people every day without adding to the numbers.  

Not being able to find a job that you enjoying doing is NOT a valid reason to end your life!!!!!

Life is a gift and it's up to us to make the most of it whatever our circumstances.

My brother took his own life. I don't blame him because he was very depressed. Something that i wasn't aware of because he lived in a different country. We were in contact most weeks but i just didn't pick up on his situation.

It just left and always will leave a huge amount of regret, sorrow and shock for the family and friends and is never the best solution.

If anyone reading this is feeling desperate then PLEASE find help. That is the best way out believe me.

And please......don't trivialize the matter on this board. It caused tragedy in my life and does for far too many people every day without adding to the numbers.  

So sorry to read this.  I know a little of the way you must feel.  My two best friends took their own lives last year, and although I knew they were in a bad place, I had no idea what they were planning to do, and it was planned meticulously.

They saw no way forward, and of course - had I known how they felt, I would have been able to offer help.  You never really know what the other person is thinking do you.

I'll never get over this - think of them every day, and feel sad.  Agree with your comments wholeheartedly x

"I was a cocaine addict"

Girls working the street only doing it for the money?  Really??  Whatever next

Not a very positive interview and unfortunately this is often the only type of story the public have to inform them about the topic of prostitution.

Her account of anaethetizing herself is very sad, but not one I can identify with - in fact quite the opposite. The other scary bit was how she described working in a brothel, not having a clue about the clients until they were in the room together. Most independents I know screen their clients constantly, checking them out on the phone, by their texts and have security procedures to minimise the chances of anyone inflicting any harm. The interview makes me feel very connected with my clients. .

So sorry to read this.  I know a little of the way you must feel.  My two best friends took their own lives last year, and although I knew they were in a bad place, I had no idea what they were planning to do, and it was planned meticulously.

They saw no way forward, and of course - had I known how they felt, I would have been able to offer help.  You never really know what the other person is thinking do you.

I'll never get over this - think of them every day, and feel sad.  Agree with your comments wholeheartedly x

Thank you Sarah. So sorry to hear about your friends.

My brother took his life 26 years ago but it still hurts so much even today, as people can probably tell by reading my comments.

She worked on the streets and in brothels and hated it.  Every girl she ever met who worked in the same business was as miserable as her.  That's her take on it.  My take on it is very different and I'm sure there are many wg's who feel the same as I do.  She mentions there is no such thing as a happy hooker, well, who is 100% happy with the job they do?  There will always be good and bad days.  I for one am a lot happier in this line of work than I was working in a call centre/ pub/ clothes shop/receptionist etc.

"The perverts are where the money is."  She got that bit right.  

Some people will do and say anything to be on the telly.  And RTE reporting, in a still fiercely Catholic country is unlikely to be sympathetic or without bias.  The drugs and street whoring schtick is what they want to promote.  

If she was aged 14 on cocaine and working on the streets then no wonder her experience was less than positive.

But the problem here isn't the buying or selling of sexual services. The problem is hard drugs and the extra risks that come with working on the streets. It's not something that can be fixed by passing laws (for example cocaine is already illegal).

unfortunately this is often the only type of story the public have to inform them about the topic of prostitution.

For example she said she had "7,8,9,10" men a night and worked for £10 a punt.  This isn't representative of most sex workers, but it's what most of that audience are going to go away thinking is the norm.

Not a very positive interview and unfortunately this is often the only type of story the public have to inform them about the topic of prostitution.

Her account of anaethetizing herself is very sad, but not one I can identify with - in fact quite the opposite. The other scary bit was how she described working in a brothel, not having a clue about the clients until they were in the room together. Most independents I know screen their clients constantly, checking them out on the phone, by their texts and have security procedures to minimise the chances of anyone inflicting any harm. The interview makes me feel very connected with my clients. .

Same here, I cant relate to the woman in any way shape or form. As for the brothels, well of course you wont know much about them other than their name and the odd request before you go into the room, thats what happens when someone else takes your bookings for you. It doesnt mean they are terrible people. I will admit that there are one or two characters from my brothel days that wouldnt make it as far as my diary let alone my front door but I have seen an awful lot of the mk parlour guys since coming back in december and they have all been great guys, same as when they visited the brothel x

"The perverts are where the money is."  She got that bit right.  

Some people will do and say anything to be on the telly.  And RTE reporting, in a still fiercely Catholic country is unlikely to be sympathetic or without bias.  The drugs and street whoring schtick is what they want to promote.  

From my experience it's usually the staunch protestants, e.g. from the North were I'm from that are less open minded

This interview is completely different from what I read from WGs here and on a forum like SAAFE. Most of the WGs sometimes enjoy the times with their clients but there are good days and bad days. The SAAFE forum is not as negative about the clients of the WGs than this woman is.

This propaganda makes me think of a known Dutch prostitute that has a blog and often write something on it. Her name is Zondares (her blog is in Dutch). She is quite pissed off when she notices how the media treat prostitution. An example I can remember is the following. Some Dutch politician went to Sweden to see how criminalizing prostitution would work. They had some interviews with the prostitutes who are victim of human trafficking. You would expect that the politicians would also talk with the Swedish prostitutes that happily do their work. But that doesn't happen. Their reasoning: "Why would we talk with the happy hookers in Sweden, while we already talked to them in the Netherlands?" :wacko: What a silly reasoning... Why would you not talk with the happy hookers in Sweden that suffer from the criminalization of prostitution?

Edited by hans66

This interview is completely different from what I read from WGs here and on a forum like SAAFE.

And what exactly would you expect them to say on a forum packed with their prospective customers, where they are essentially touting for business (however much you might want to pretend otherwise)?

I know a fair few working girls and have done for a long time. If I am honest, while not 100% scathing, very few of them have many nice things to say about their clients (any of them) in private and off-the-record -- even those they flirt with on this board in some cases. It's the main reason why my own punting activities have dwindled to almost zero...really, these days, only on a "when I'm absolutely desperate and there's no alternative" basis. I hate to break the bad news, but girls don't do this job for fun. Period.

...girls don't do this job for fun. Period.

Then why do they do it?

Then why do they do it?

Money.

Edited by Dib Cochran

Lohengrin and Dib,

I think you should re-read the messages from WGs here, the SAAFE-forum and the links. Of course money is a substantial reason, but if you are not suited to the job and it breaks you, then why would you still do it? When I give proofs by giving links, why do I seem to be mistaken?

Edited by hans66

And why would you still punt, although you know you show disrespect to the WGs? And why do you happily pay?

This is why I hate the media sometimes.

Far too often it shows only one side of something and it's almost always for a self-serving agenda. As a result, the uninitiated will think this is what all forms of prostitution are like.

This is why I hate the media sometimes.

Far too often it shows only one side of something and it's almost always for a self-serving agenda. As a result, the uninitiated will think this is what all forms of prostitution are like.

I very much doubt that given half the female population have read silly books such as Belle Du Jour and Call me Elizabeth..........

How can anyone expect to get a balanced view from someone who has worked the street to fund an addiction?  And no - I did not access the interview - it  is just common sense.

My friend ran a parlour until the police closed it down.  I can remember visiting her there one afternoon and listening to one of her girls asking her if she could go home early as her 'fanny was sore'.   I have never been in that position because I am one of those happy hookers who chooses when and who to see.  We are not all as fortunate as this.  Not everyone loves their job - why should prostitution be any different?

The job I love is the fun part, the job I do not like is the politics that surround it - the stalkers - the bitching -  the unfair marketing of other girls in my area by webmasters - faking field reports -  stuff like this - par for the course but annoying all the same.  Give me the fun any day - it is why I am still here after ten years x

Quote:  And no - I did not access the interview - it  is just common sense.

The interview makes very interesting viewing and I listened to every word she said.

I think her book will sell because I assume she relates her time on the streets and in brothels which

will make for much more titillation than your ubiquitous Belle de Jour type of book.

I will not be buying it.