longlostmojo

Best Weight Loss Motivation - Ever

20 posts in this topic

well last year, and this year have been very stressfull for me, and I find myself having drunk and eatean myself to a weight I dont like.

I have made a promise to myself to loose at least 5 pounds before my next appointment, or cancel it.

best motivation ......ever...

Good luck.  Hope you reach your goal :)

Good luck to you with it! I know it is very hard! Im trying to loose 5 kg already for a long time :-)  Im going to gym 2-3-4 times a week and I cant do it, only cos of my eating I guess :-/ When Im in the gym, I feel so good and saying to myself, thats all, Im gonna look after my food what Im eating, etc, etc.

Back home, got so hungry like an animal :-) so done, back again.

Plus, most of the time, Im staying at home in PC, so, I think its the worst, cos the fridge is near me and always wanna get something from there. And it is like this already, month after month, year after year. 

So I really know how hard its, but maybe, I just didnt find my motivation yet. But for sure Im gonna feel bad, when will be summer and I want to look nice, sexy and slim :-))))

sorry to hear of your predicament mate

if its any help then Slimming World is a great diet.

also, who knows who you might meet at a class!

you may be able to get your GP to get you there for free.

a quick 5lbs would take some doing on any diet - not sure when you want your next appointment to be? - but you could reach this in 2 weeks with sensible slimming world action.

good luck

PM for details

Yikes, don't encourage longlostmojo to go on the NHS. He'll end up sitting in group next to someone who's worked hard and paid for it herself, plus a tax contribution to the NHS doctor which she doesn't use as much as she's taking responsibility for her own well-being.

Possibly more pertinent is that Slimming World will ask you what your 'target weight' is when you sign up and people who pay for SW themselves achieve their target more often than people who get it paid from the NHS budget.

Stop eating bread, pasta and potatoes and no fizzy drinks/alcohol and watch the weight just fall off. ;)

Stop eating bread, pasta and potatoes and no fizzy drinks/alcohol and watch the weight just fall off. ;)

I agree with this however make sure you don't replace with other things. Another thing to watch out for is milky coffees, cappucinnos, lattes that sort of thing are full of kcals, fats and sugars - some contain 200-300kcals, I call them a "meal in a cup".

Edited by Strawberry

Simple.  Don't eat anything when you're not hungry.  That, plus keep a busy punting life so that you're dead keen on looking fit for all the lovely girls.

I've been going to the gym and keeping fit for many years, but could never quite shake off the last few bits of fat around my middle.  Took up punting last Autumn, and have lost a whole stone in weight! :)

Easiest way to lose weight. The 5:2 eating plan. 5 days a week what you want. 2 days eat only 600 cals a day. The weight drops off and you feel great. 

Exercise is great, but it doesn't help with weight loss unless you balance it with healthy eating.

I've lost 2 stone in the past 6 months through regular aerobic exercise and cutting out junk snacks. Eat little and often and ensure its good food going in (chicken roll, fruit, muesli, oily fish etc...). Steady is better than sudden changes/loss. Aim for max 2 lbs per week.

exercise and everything (food n drink) in moderation and you have to want to do it ,its good to have goals

i mentioned the NHS option just in case he's short of cash or wants to save it for punting.

I tried to loose weight when I started this punting malarky over 10 years ago. That is until I discovered that the ladies really quite liked my svelte beer paunch!

I try to squeeze in a few laps in the pool everyday , but been working 18-20 hour days these last few months, and the worst part is that I mostly work at home so there is always a good bottle of scotch and a pack of crisps close buy. hmmm i haven;t had a drink in 2 weeks --  i normally have 2 a day -- thats the hardest but i know when i drink i eat and that really fucks up the diet.

for the last week though, I've managed to cut on the chips by not walking that aisle at the market and putting a lock on the liquer cabinet. when i feel the munchies I just guzzle water and have switched to black coffee instead of the sugary stuff. hopefully I can keep it up. Nearly fell of the wagaon today when DW was nagging me for a american express card, and then I would have to work 26 hours a day to pay the bills. 

I tried to loose weight when I started this punting malarky over 10 years ago. That is until I discovered that the ladies really quite liked my svelte beer paunch!

Finally.This is more on my wavelength.My personal favourite terms are husky or cuddly.If i had to lift my belly up in order to have a pee i might consider it.Until then however,bring on the cake

Easiest way to lose weight. The 5:2 eating plan. 5 days a week what you want. 2 days eat only 600 cals a day. The weight drops off and you feel great. 

Exercise is great, but it doesn't help with weight loss unless you balance it with healthy eating.

I'll second that, and it's FREE. (Although you could buy the book for around £7.)

But strictly speaking, 5 days a week you eat normally.

See http://thefastdiet.co.uk/

Since the middle of January I have been on a two day a week fast dieting. It took me two months to lose 7lbs just to give you an idea of time scales.

Give alli or orlistat tablets a go. Reduces the amount of fat your body intakes.

Good luck though!

sorry pet peeve...If you LOSE weight your clothes will be more LOOSE. Two words, two different meanings, two different pronunciations and two different spellings. Rant over.

Snippet of a conversation I overheard last week ( a woman is speaking ) :

"I've had two days off with gastro-enteritis, my stomach hurt, my muscles ached, my mouth has been dry and you don't want to know the excruating goings-on in the bathroom. On the positive side, I've lost 5lbs"

Losing 5lbs to gastro-enteritis is not a positive imv. Women are definitely from Venus.