Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phillipo

50 Published Reviews...!

17 posts in this topic

I've made it!

It occurs to me that:

1. I should now be issued with - and others like me - some sort of long service badge and/or medal

2. or an engraved carriage clock

3. or a discreet notice in the Telegraph Announcements

4. and maybe - just maybe - when I get to 100 I can expect a telegram from Mr G...?

(Ho Ho. they are a surprisingly diverting, strangely addictive thing, Punternet reviews. Someone could produce a compilation. With a forward by Frank Bough. Or Avram Grant. Or Charlie Sheen. etc etc)

Congratulations, were you aiming for a certain number or did they just accrue over time?

Sorry Phillipo!  If you look at the Field Report Statistics page, you will find that there are 129 other people with 50 or more Field Reports and  28 with 100 or more. Keep trying!

Its not a competition, its about trying to give advice to others about whom we see, and getting info about what we might be intrested in.

If someone reads your reports and thinks enough to go and make a booking depending on what you say, then you have got credit for that.

Dont know how serious you are about getting a badge of honour, or a carriage clock for achieving the 50, but I would imagine that you get enough kudos from the bookings you have spoken about, that in enough should be enough reward.

I have no idea how many reports I have, but my aim is to increase the number, and just enjoy the feeling that comes with a great booking.

When you analyze the ins and outs of it, and start counting reports, money, ladies, whatever, its time to stop as your taking the eye of the real reason for punting.

Its not a competition, its about trying to give advice to others about whom we see, and getting info about what we might be intrested in.

If someone reads your reports and thinks enough to go and make a booking depending on what you say, then you have got credit for that.

Dont know how serious you are about getting a badge of honour, or a carriage clock for achieving the 50, but I would imagine that you get enough kudos from the bookings you have spoken about, that in enough should be enough reward.

I have no idea how many reports I have, but my aim is to increase the number, and just enjoy the feeling that comes with a great booking.

When you analyze the ins and outs of it, and start counting reports, money, ladies, whatever, its time to stop as your taking the eye of the real reason for punting.

I am glad you said this.  It is not a competition.  Punting is something nice to do, but there will always be the train spotting type of person who collates all the info on some kind of database, and this will include reviews also.  I have seen guys like this, and to be honest some of them treat it like a research project and not something simply there for the taking and the fun.

As an aside - comgratulations on the 50 reviews Philipo and I hope they were all good.

A few years ago when I was with an agency there was one very young client. He was a nice guy. I saw him several times but he made it known that he saw as many new girls as he possibly could. His disposable income was ...er... disposed of at an alarming rate but that was his business. 

He reviewed every girl he saw.... sometimes submitting 2 or 3 a week. On one of his visits to me he said he did this because he wanted to be "number one reviewer"  ...........  I think he was at that time number two.

All his reviews are gone now including my own of course... as for reasons not to be explained on here he gave up punting and removed all traces online.

It just demonstrates how this hobby/job can begin to take over some people's lives.  Not very healthy!

I suppose there some SPs who almost treat it the same way, perhaps setting cash targets, analysing what rate for what extras makes the most overall return and so on.

but I doubt they keep a record of the nationality, age bracket or endowment factor.

And i bet there are only few of them also.

But there also appear to be relatively very few FR writing fiends either, especially not to the extent that they punt to report.

When you analyze the ins and outs of it ....

Well done to that man phillipo - despite the element of train-spotting, 50 reviews is a great effort, and with there being a handful of 'No' reports in there may have prevented someone else having a bad experience, so well done again.

I wonder if there is anyone who has a span of more than 10 years of still published reviews, or a WG who has a span of 10 years+.

I wonder if there is anyone who has a span of more than 10 years of still published reviews, or a WG who has a span of 10 years+.

The answer (once again) is on the Punternet Field Report Statistics page.

....and back down to 49. my Natasha/pink cupcakes review has been retired. there's an irony there, as she was probably the best experience of all.

thanks for the comments, folks!

and I was trying - and clearly failing with some of you - to be witty. I'll try harder next time.

Dont worry you will soon be back at 50 . i always read your reports , they have a good feel to them , you make them interesting and inspire others .

Aw-shucks...thanks a bunch, mate! I'd better get back out there again. Gird your charming looking loins, 'Gorgeous Sonia/Euston' Big P. is heading your way...!  

Congrats on your number, hope you had as much fun on the way to getting them a you do in writing them. :)

I've made it!

It occurs to me that:

1. I should now be issued with - and others like me - some sort of long service badge and/or medal

2. or an engraved carriage clock

3. or a discreet notice in the Telegraph Announcements

4. and maybe - just maybe - when I get to 100 I can expect a telegram from Mr G...?

(Ho Ho. they are a surprisingly diverting, strangely addictive thing, Punternet reviews. Someone could produce a compilation. With a forward by Frank Bough. Or Avram Grant. Or Charlie Sheen. etc etc)

Don't know about an engraved clock,surely an engraved cock would be more fitting? :)  And before you ask,yes you can get them.

I hate writing so it takes a lot to get me to do something like a report

Back up to 50 with a well written report . You deserve a lollypop for that one . Keep up the good work .   :lol:

I re-visited a lady some 6 or 7 weeks after writing a review and after we'd finished was told it was on the house, she said she'd had loads of business and asked where they'd heard of her they said 'on a punternet review'

:P