Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarcoPolo

Daily Mail on trafficking myths

4 posts in this topic

Would you believe it, now the Mail follows the Grauniad in debunking the trafficking myths. A useful tabloid response to The Sun's parroting of Poppycock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1227418/SPECIAL-INVESTIGATION-The-myth-Britains-foreign-sex-slaves.html

Too little too late methinks MP. Not that the government would have paid a blind bit of notice anyway. They are on an anti-men crusade and not about to let facts get in the way of anything.

Suspect that the Mail ripped off the Grauniad's piece, hacked it about and re-presented it as their own work, knowing that civilians who read the Mail are not likely to read the Grauniad. Doubt if the Mail gives a tupenny damn for the industry, just scoring easy points off the government by presenting them as a bunch of radfems, which of course they are.

Don't often find myself in agreement with anything printed in the Mail. Just feels so wrong.

Mind you I did love Belinda Brooks-Gurden's comments about the Big Brothel Report. 'Lacks the rigour of a GCSE project' and 'Carry on Criminology'. She just gets better and better.

Suspect that the Mail ripped off the Grauniad's piece, hacked it about and re-presented it as their own work, knowing that civilians who read the Mail are not likely to read the Grauniad. Doubt if the Mail gives a tupenny damn for the industry, just scoring easy points off the government by presenting them as a bunch of radfems, which of course they are.

I agree with you, reading it I just thought they were using the Grauniad's work to attack the government just because that's what they like to do.

At least they did acknowledge the Grauniad's piece

Trouble is, when arguing the issue now, I'll get attacked with "you don't want to believe what you read in the Daily Mail?"

Edited by thesquonk
additional thought

well, I still think it is better they write something like that instead of

doing what the Sun did