C Bolt

Sms To E-Mail/phone Android App

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys can anyone please recommend a reliable android app for auto-forwarding of SMS texts to an e-mail or another phone?

Would appreciate any info on this.

It depends if you are looking to forward manually particular texts to other number or email, only texts from your contacts list, or all of them?

If its some of them: then I am pretty certain that all Android phones running ICS or Jelly Bean can do it. You just touch particular text, and the menu should pop out, where you can select to forward to the particular number or email address.

If you want every text to forward automatically, then there are plethora of the apps. The only caveat: you only can forward texts to your Google/Gmail address. Maybe applications which can forward texts to your other email account (apart of Google mail) exist, but I don't know of any. (Not the ones which do it reliably)  Many claim that they will add support for other email accounts. Maybe somebody know about such apps and post what they are.

Anyway: Here is a few of apps.

Relay me  (to email only)

SMS Forwarding (to email and other phone)

Phone Leash (to email and other phone). Claims that its supports other email accounts,( apart of Gmail) but in my experience it does not. It least it did not on other two email accounts I've tried which were set up on my phone. Its not free though. (only for a first 30 days with limited features).

SMS backup- Automatic SMS back up to your Google account.

My Back up pro (My Favorite app and a life saver, lol)-  Manual Back up sms texts as well as everything else to Gmail, micro SD, or theirs online storage (paid version only).

SMS Forwarder/ (Email and other phone)- Have not tried. Free and PRo version for £2.20.

It depends if you are looking to forward manually particular texts to other number or email, only texts from your contacts list, or all of them?

If its some of them: then I am pretty certain that all Android phones running ICS or Jelly Bean can do it. You just touch particular text, and the menu should pop out, where you can select to forward to the particular number or email address.

If you want every text to forward automatically, then there are plethora of the apps. The only caveat: you only can forward texts to your Google/Gmail address. Maybe applications which can forward texts to your other email account (apart of Google mail) exist, but I don't know of any. (Not the ones which do it reliably)  Many claim that they will add support for other email accounts. Maybe somebody know about such apps and post what they are.

Anyway: Here is a few of apps.

Relay me  (to email only)

SMS Forwarding (to email and other phone)

Phone Leash (to email and other phone). Claims that its supports other email accounts,( apart of Gmail) but in my experience it does not. It least it did not on other two email accounts I've tried which were set up on my phone. Its not free though. (only for a first 30 days with limited features).

SMS backup- Automatic SMS back up to your Google account.

My Back up pro (My Favorite app and a life saver, lol)-  Manual Back up sms texts as well as everything else to Gmail, micro SD, or theirs online storage (paid version only).

SMS Forwarder/ (Email and other phone)- Have not tried. Free and PRo version for £2.20.

Wow, thanks for such a comprehensive list. Will find one which suits me among the list. I quite like the look of sms fowarding.