MR LUVVA LUVVA

Phone for punting

35 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just a quick question.Im going to pick up a cheap phone in the morning just for punting and wondered do you have to register a PAYG phone (ie to own address)

Nothing sinister just for privacy i might add.Dont want any unwanted bumf turning up on the mat if you know what i mean.

Help appreciated.

Nope, just buy the thing.

I got a cheap punting phone for like 20-30 pounds at tescos

You can get a reasonable mobile from CarphoneWarehose for as little as £5 plus £10 airtime. All you need is a phone to make calls and send the occasional text.

Don't waste cash on something that you will only use for one purpose.

Hi all,

Just a quick question.Im going to pick up a cheap phone in the morning just for punting and wondered do you have to register a PAYG phone (ie to own address)

Not yet. There were plans announced fairly recently to make it compulsory. In Spain, it was recently made compulsory, and millions of phones are scheduled to be disconnected if they're not registered within 3 months.

Nothing sinister just for privacy i might add.Dont want any unwanted bumf turning up on the mat if you know what i mean.

Help appreciated.

Well, OK, but you're right to be cautious. To this government, "finding the right balance" means that they think you should be on the sex offenders register. I wish I were confident the tories would be better, but since we're apparently all terrified of terrorism, knife crime, paedophiles, or whatever the latest panic is, perhaps they'll be almost as bad.

All your internet and fixed line phone activity is already logged, by law, and quite soon, such trustworthy agencies as the Royal Mail and your local council will be able to search your house or freeze your bank account on suspicion of various minor offences (as reported by the BBC, I'm not making this up).

I bet you could have fun with the ringtones - assuming you didn't want it on vibrate.

I think I'd fancy a screaming orgasm ringtone.:D

why buy a phone? just get a sim. far easir to conceal

Nope, just buy the thing.

I got a cheap punting phone for like 20-30 pounds at tescos

Asda have Orange on speciasl £10 with £5 airtime :D

Good thinking :D

tesco are doing a 15 pound nokia mobile at the moment with 10 pound of airtime credit inc-cheap as chips and tesco use o2 network airtime so the coverage is excellant

go for it-you cant go wrong

I gave up using Orange PAYG because they did require registration. Vodafone don't.

Think this is a bit of a overreaction, do you all atend a punt in disguise as well ?

Think this is a bit of a overreaction, do you all atend a punt in disguise as well ?

If you've got a partner or use a work mobile then it's only sensible to have a punting phone.

I don't think it's an overreaction.:D

The orange payg sim cards which you can buy from tescos don't require you to register your address or any personal details, you just have to go through the talk through registration and enter your sim no.

Others sim cards not requiring registration are Lyca mobile and Lebara.

For the paranoid amongst you, you should probably be aware that you can be traced (admittedly, not by your spouse) by the handset purchase info in addition to any sim card registration. That is, if you put your new anon sim card into a phone you have previously purchased on a contract, the powers that be could easily find out who you are. Not that you would have anything to hide from them, obviously.

Wouldn't work because of the phone's unique IMEI number. :D

And having two phones won't help as the locations of both can be traced and cross-referenced.

B

If you've got a partner or use a work mobile then it's only sensible to have a punting phone.

I don't think it's an overreaction.:D

I'd agree about the work mobile but a partner?

FFS............if a partner is going to check your phone then you've already lost whatever trust you had anyway.

My wife knows I won't leave her. That's all she needs to know; all I need to know about her.

Knowing in detail who each of us rings up and checking each other's phones is out of order for us..............thank goodness.

Do you follow each other to the toilet?

FFS............if a partner is going to check your phone then you've already lost whatever trust you had anyway.

My wife knows I won't leave her. That's all she needs to know; all I need to know about her.

Knowing in detail who each of us rings up and checking each other's phones is out of order for us..............thank goodness.

There's plenty of posts on this forum about guys getting caught out by not using a separate punting phone. It's not about trust. At the end of the day it's about not getting caught.

It's not rocket science.

There's plenty of posts on this forum about guys getting caught out by not using a separate punting phone. It's not about trust. At the end of the day it's about not getting caught.

It's not rocket science.

Getting caught means that someone is looking.

That's not rocket science either is it!

Getting caught means that someone is looking.

Precisely....and believe it or not some suspicious wives do sneak a look at their husband's phones. Shock horror !

No. It's true. I can assure you.

As a solicitor I've seen many many divorce cases arising from it.

Precisely....and believe it or not some suspicious wives do sneak a look at their husband's phones. Shock horror !

No. It's true. I can assure you.

As a solicitor I've seen many many divorce cases arising from it.

I do believe that. But a relationship like that is not one I would want to stay in and I would probably flaunt what I did.

In fact, if I had a daft set up like that I'd have a proper affair and wouldn't bother with any subterfuge at all.

That was my point.

Why hold on to a dead marriage?

And having two phones won't help as the locations of both can be traced and cross-referenced

How can they locate a phone if it isn't switched on?

You appear to be saying that it's ok in your marriage for you to punt, but if your wife has a moment of suspicion (perhaps triggered inadvertently by you) then for her to check your mobile would be an act of betrayal?

Many a divorced man would say avoid divorce at almost all cost. Ignorance of betrayal is sometimes bliss.

It's got nothing to do with checking up on each other. I leave my mobile out whilst it is charging. If a text arrived whilst my wife was passing, she could quite possibly comment and offer to read it out for me :D. That's not checking up (I quite often read her texts to her as she forgets her glasses :D). It's just peace of mind to have a separate SIM that ensures that all punting related texts and calls don't stray over into my "real" life.

I have had 3 pay & go phones 'registered' in the past and one currently. I have never recieved any mail, bumpf, sexy ad texts in 8 years. One reason I do register them is since I have had them as a main contact number (personal or work), occasionally I've had handsets stolen or go missing and needed to port the number to another SIM in a replacement phone. Without being able to validate myself (which ok you can do if you can remember when/where/how you last topped up and numbers you have dialled) that wouldn't have been possible.

I have been told some years back by a police officer that if they want to they can try a couple of ways to pinpoint/trace unregistered SIM cards. However, if you aren't commiting a crime you have nothing to worry about. Seeing a true indie or consenting WG who is not being forced into the job isn't going to be a problem.

Whilst Big Brother is out there I'm sure if one of your loved ones(including yourself) was killed/raped/assualted/blown up by a terrorist you would expect the police to use every bit of technology available including CCTV, DNA referencing, mobile phone traces, IP trails to catch the assailant. Yet we resist being included/using it where we ourselves are involved.