Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pollyp23

Just Moved To Firefox After Loads Of Ie Problems

15 posts in this topic

Wonderful.

Quick.

PN forum now logs me in and out as I require, displays messages in the right order.

Try it.

I don't know how people still use Internet Explorer. It's mind numbingly slow and so behind with everything that it's quite embarrassing. Bing is possibly the worst search engine as well.

Firefox is nice but I prefer Google Chrome for some reason.

I'm doing a parallel run with Firefox - don't like chrome

I have used FF for years. I like it but since they started the frequent updates (chasing Chrome :mad: ) it can get a bit funny sometimes. It dumped all my settings a couple of weeks ago, including my bookmarks.

It's useful to have this:

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

From a *punting* perspective FF is imho, def the optimal way to surf.

Ironically (or perhaps because of) FF being open source, it's still tech better than Chrome in terms of parsing links & second window images etc, you can have the GIS & Tineye Add-ons in both browsers...but in terms of 'private' browsing it's a no-brianer- do you really trust Google not to collect your digital footprint via Chrome?!

From a *punting* perspective FF is imho, def the optimal way to surf.

Ironically (or perhaps because of) FF being open source, it's still tech better than Chrome in terms of parsing links & second window images etc, you can have the GIS & Tineye Add-ons in both browsers...but in terms of 'private' browsing it's a no-brianer- do you really trust Google not to collect your digital footprint via Chrome?!

Never trust Google! :)

https://startpage.com/

I use:

95% Chrome

4% Firefox

1% IE

Ive used Chrome a lot for the last 2-3 years, so much that ive kind of forgotten whats good and bad about it when compared to other browsers.

Main reasons for having other browsers installed is for different plugins as they seem to work better or at all on different browsers.

I've never seriously 'used' IE at all, only to download a real browser when I have to set up a new PC from scratch.

The first browser I ever used was called Mosaic back when a 14k modem was state of the art communications and the only people that had heard about the internet were computer nerds.  Mosaic became the original Netscape Navigator Browser, until the new light-weight Firefox beta was launched.

I now use Chrome and Firefox equally and occasionally Opera and Safari which are also equally good.

I work in IT and 9 out of 10 of my colleagues will avoid IE in favour of Chrome or Firefox

Edited by WykeTyke

safari is good

used to use opera on the PC

I use firefox though, I just got used to it.  It can be a resource hog though, I have a plugin that monitors memory usage, and have seen it as high as 1.5Gb before restarting the browser.  It is a known problem.  I don't like the way the private browsing window now doesn't close when you press ctrl shift P like it used to

safari is good

used to use opera on the PC

I use firefox though, I just got used to it.  It can be a resource hog though, I have a plugin that monitors memory usage, and have seen it as high as 1.5Gb before restarting the browser.  It is a known problem.  I don't like the way the private browsing window now doesn't close when you press ctrl shift P like it used to

You could (with one click) just shut window... the latest tweak is that FF private browser window starts from "File" as opposed to "Tools"... it's prob optimal to have a 'regular' window with the paper etc running in background..so if you're ahem..obliged to shut the private browsing window quickly, there's something innocuous on remaining screen.

You could (with one click) just shut window... the latest tweak is that FF private browser window starts from "File" as opposed to "Tools"... it's prob optimal to have a 'regular' window with the paper etc running in background..so if you're ahem..obliged to shut the private browsing window quickly, there's something innocuous on remaining screen.

I could, but if you need to close the window quickly when typing you have to take your hand off the keyboard, grab the mouse, move it to the close button, and click, rather than use a keyboard shortcut where your fingers already are

Whoa, this browser is amazing!

:D

DG

Polly, if you are still reading this thread, and sill using firefox, try installing the adblock plus and adblock plus pop up extensions, they do a great job of removing unwanted ads and pop ups and pop unders.

Go to tools/addons, and then search for the add ons by name.