Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ptrockerman

Nhs Vs Private

6 posts in this topic

Ok, I want to get a full check out.

Apart from the downside of cost, does anyone have any comments regarding a private clinic vs the NHS.

Been looking around and the private one could work better for me. Does everyone perform the same tests?

Thanks

I've used both. The only difference, really, is the extra privacy/anonymity afforded by the private clinic. You'll certainly get treated with courtesy and respect privately, but to be honest I was treated just as well on the NHS. There won't be much waiting around in the private clinic, either.

Bear in mind that most of the medics who work privately may well work for the NHS as well. My GP works privately in his lunch hour for a bit more cash!

I went to a private clinic in Hayley street for test once, people said the best private clinic are all located there. 

it was very bad experience, all the doctor there are money eater. i was asking the price and service at the reception and the nurse didn't answer it, told me to fill in a form and wait for the doctor to answer my question.

at the end i had to pay £150 consulting fee for just asking their service. 

I'd opt for the Nhs anyday, as long as there wasnt an urgent wait for results. There is the money angle with the private clinics. But the nhs will be just as good, they all have excellent training, and must be at the forefront of this type of thing simply due to the cross section of people they see which is likely to be more diverse than private. It can be annoying getting a practical slot and there are overruns, but once youre seen, Ive never felt rushed and totally comfortable in speaking about health issues etc

One really should go private! ;)

I went to a private clinic in Hayley street for test once, people said the best private clinic are all located there. 

it was very bad experience, all the doctor there are money eater. i was asking the price and service at the reception and the nurse didn't answer it, told me to fill in a form and wait for the doctor to answer my question.

at the end i had to pay £150 consulting fee for just asking their service. 

Did you mean Harley street? You will find some cowboys there too so do be careful.

Some firms hire out individual rooms as rent there is so high, so just about anyone can rent them.

Ok, I want to get a full check out.

Apart from the downside of cost, does anyone have any comments regarding a private clinic vs the NHS.

Been looking around and the private one could work better for me. Does everyone perform the same tests?

Thanks

While NHS is ok, I see a vast difference in the care I receive in a private hospital.

The main difference I saw in the two was the waiting list. Things are moved a long at light speed in private care whereas NHS can sometimes take months.