ACHOOSYGUY

A Male Voice On The Phone

10 posts in this topic

Is it just me? If a guy answers the phone when I'm enquiring after 'services' I either hang up or stutter and say wrong number. I'm not too niaive, I know that some places I go there are guys in another room as security, I ddon't like that but can live with it, unless they answer the door, which is a real 'no-no'.

Maybe it's to stop guys trying to get their thrills talking dirty to a WG?

Never bothers me.

CB

Used to make me feel a bit uncomfortable but now I just think "why shouldn't a man be the maid/receptionist?"

They'll be speaking to a lot of guys every day so they won't be a problem. You (I) are no different to the others....

Edited by fututor

In an agency situation he may just have been closer to the phone when it rang.although a receptionist/maid etc can be any gender without that choice being for any other reason then they applied for the job.
,who answers the phone shouldnt matter anyway,it's who's in the room when you get there.............   :)

have you ever been to LMP?

i hated wakling through the door and see a guy open up.  made me feel like a loser.  espeically at the end, when he is looking for your envelope and he is probably thinking that you are a loser bc you cant get a civi, even though i can.   anyone else feel like that?

Had a male voice once. I found it incredibly off putting and didn't book.

A voice possibly could be OK, but my experience is that when strip-clubs and other venues have males working ’security’ the atmosphere generally becomes more uncomfortable than in a female only place. Thus, to attract the males, don't hire them to stand in the door.

A voice possibly could be OK, but my experience is that when strip-clubs and other venues have males working ’security’ the atmosphere generally becomes more uncomfortable than in a female only place. Thus, to attract the males, don't hire them to stand in the door.

I remember when a young-ish lad, 18-20, a few of us used to make the trip to Soho a couple of times, we were ripped off mercilessly by the strip joints in Brewer st / Berwick St area. There were male bouncers on the door, but where else were we young innocents to go? 

I don't mind males working as security or bar-tending or as dj in a strip pub/club. 

But I don't like calling an agency and having the call answered by a man. I like to think that I'm dealing with a women-only business. Perhaps that's part of the reason why I punt mostly with indies.

Also . . . . I never revisit a lady who tells me she has a boyfriend . . . .

Don't think I've had a male answer the phone, but there have been male receptionists at a few places I've been to. Can't say it bothered me, main thing was that the whole-set felt safe.