Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conwy

Raids This Morning In West London

32 posts in this topic

The Evening Standard reports that nine trafficked EE girls have been freed and 6 traffickers (including 4 Russians) have been arrested.

The ring was based in the Earl's Court / Chelsea Harbour areas.

Good!

Well done the plod.

Call me cynical, but why is it that nobody was arrested on suspicion of kidnap/false imprisonment/making threats/conspiracy to cause sex without consent or SOMETHING that actually relates to sexual slavery? But no, all the arrests were for controlling prostitution (any agency madam could be arrested for that), trafficking (which simply requires you to facilitate travel) and for money laundering. Smells funny to me...police talking it up maybe?

Call me cynical, but why is it that nobody was arrested on suspicion of kidnap/false imprisonment/making threats/conspiracy to cause sex without consent or SOMETHING that actually relates to sexual slavery? But no, all the arrests were for controlling prostitution (any agency madam could be arrested for that), trafficking (which simply requires you to facilitate travel) and for money laundering. Smells funny to me...police talking it up maybe?

Prob trying to take the attention away form the disgusting Oxford case... 

Is it just me or has this website become unavailable today? ( www.supreme69.com )

Also, oddly, a couple of girls who I had been led to believe had their principal agency relationship with S69 (who then shared their details with some of the other sites) have disappeared from Diva and Hot Collection.

Am I having a senior moment?

Is it just me or has this website become unavailable today? ( www.supreme69.com )

Also, oddly, a couple of girls who I had been led to believe had their principal agency relationship with S69 (who then shared their details with some of the other sites) have disappeared from Diva and Hot Collection.

Am I having a senior moment?

According to  http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/#  Supreme69 is down at the moment.

According to http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/# Supreme69 is down at the moment.

Cheers- that's a good site.

So...Supreme's website goes down and a handful of "their" girls are pulled from some (but not all- Admiral still has some) of the EE sites on the same day as a big bust in West London (see Conwy's thread in the General Discussion forum)... Tin hat time ;)

Many of you have probably heard about this already, but major raids have taken place this morning in London:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/sex-slave-ring-in-luxury-flats-is-smashed-by-police-in-dawn-raids-8615416.html

http://kensington.londoninformer.co.uk/2013/05/breaking-news-women-forced-to.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22525577

In another thread, it's been reported that Supreme69 site is down. I wonder if they're connected?

Supreme69 is as mainstream as they come...

Has anybody heard anything more?

That it could be although its not unusual to arrest on the easiest to prove crime then add additional charges afterwards

Three threads merged - no more please!

Ah.That threw me for a second,although,to be fair,i'm easily confused at the best of times :)

That it could be although its not unusual to arrest on the easiest to prove crime then add additional charges afterwards

No - you seem confused. They arrest you for any offence that they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you've committed. Whether they ever have enough to charge you is another matter, but they can't really arrest you for controlling prostitution for gain, and then start questioning you about kidnap/false imprisonment etc. 

No - you seem confused. They arrest you for any offence that they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you've committed. Whether they ever have enough to charge you is another matter, but they can't really arrest you for controlling prostitution for gain, and then start questioning you about kidnap/false imprisonment etc. 

Nope.Not confused.They've gone in under warrent,that normally means producing some form of probable cause.Normally theyd go for the case that was easist to prove to make sure the warrent isnt declined.Also they can question for anything relating to the initial charges which oddly enough would include in this case kidnap/false imprisonment.Whether they can bring charges on any other matters however is a whole different story

Nope.Not confused.They've gone in under warrent,that normally means producing some form of probable cause.Normally theyd go for the case that was easist to prove to make sure the warrent isnt declined.Also they can question for anything relating to the initial charges which oddly enough would include in this case kidnap/false imprisonment.Whether they can bring charges on any other matters however is a whole different story

There are no initial charges. It's an arrest, and since none of the offences that they've been arrested for relate to force or threats; and since the whole raid is apparently the result of a specific complaint/allegation from a girl who was tricked into coming here, and then forced into prostitution, it does seem a little odd that they didn't arrest anyone on suspicion of offences against that girl. Trafficking is probably simply because during surveillance a girl was taken to an outcall. They throw the allegations out there in the papers but can't arrest anyone for the offence...despite the fact that you don't need much evidence to make an arrest.

Aljazeera has related footage: http://blogs.aljazeera.com/blog/europe/tackling-modern-day-slavery

It also says that there were 71 such raids over the past year in London! The same number was mentioned this morning in Radio 5.

I'm surprised by this number. I'd have thought that more of it would've been reflected in this forum.

Not surprising really. The sort of scum who enslave women tend to want to avoid the sort of scrutiny that would come from an internet presence or even having reviews online. There are just too many ways for them to get caught, like in the case a few years ago when a couple of nasty trafficker/pimps received long prison sentences because of a tip from a concerned punter.

That is just one reason why websites like this one are a force for good, and why complete de-criminalization will go even further towards putting criminals out of business.

Yes they can if further evidence comes to light that you have been involved in those crimes. Being arrested under a charge isnt the same thing as actually being charged. They can change the charges upon further evidence even if you have been charged, if the further evidence points to a more serious crime or one more likely of a conviction or holding a higher sentance. Same as you can be arrested for a higher charge but then have it reduced at charging if they lack evidence. 

This x

Yes they can if further evidence comes to light that you have been involved in those crimes. Being arrested under a charge isnt the same thing as actually being charged. They can change the charges upon further evidence even if you have been charged, if the further evidence points to a more serious crime or one more likely of a conviction or holding a higher sentance. Same as you can be arrested for a higher charge but then have it reduced at charging if they lack evidence.

Yes I know they can add a new offence, but my point is they've apparently already got evidence of sex slavery and therefore kidnap etc. Yet they haven't been arrested for those offences in the first instance. The raids have been borne out of these women who've made complaints yet they've only been arrested for the bog standard offences that could be applied to any agency. Even trafficking could be applied with evidence of a girl being transported to an outcall. My point is that we get these claims every time, but despite the huge number of raids over the last few years, I can count on one hand the number of times someone is charged with one of the offences I listed.

Yes I know they can add a new offence, but my point is they've apparently already got evidence of sex slavery and therefore kidnap etc. Yet they haven't been arrested for those offences in the first instance. The raids have been borne out of these women who've made complaints yet they've only been arrested for the bog standard offences that could be applied to any agency. Even trafficking could be applied with evidence of a girl being transported to an outcall. My point is that we get these claims every time, but despite the huge number of raids over the last few years, I can count on one hand the number of times someone is charged with one of the offences I listed.

I think we've covered this in other threads,you don't believe in trafficking and think its a myth,others,myself included think otherwise.Thats a whole other conversation.

Sticking to the points we are discussing.In circumstances where coercion or threats of violence against self or family are suspected its not unusual to arrest the presumed guilty parties on whatever the easiest crimes to get warrents for and to make stick,and whilst they are safely locked up try to get others to speak out/press charges against those involved This practice has been going on for years,especially when to do with organised crime/gangs.

I think we've covered this in other threads,you don't believe in trafficking and think its a myth,others,myself included think otherwise.Thats a whole other conversation.

Sticking to the points we are discussing.In circumstances where coercion or threats of violence against self or family are suspected its not unusual to arrest the presumed guilty parties on whatever the easiest crimes to get warrents for and to make stick,and whilst they are safely locked up try to get others to speak out/press charges against those involved This practice has been going on for years,especially when to do with organised crime/gangs.

I've never called it a myth. I'm just curious that all these celebrities are being arrested on the basis of 40 year old allegations, from single victims in some cases, yet fresh allegations from multiple victims doesn't get an arrest for anything other than bog standard prostitution offences. As I said you hear these allegations during most raids. Yet over the last few years only 2 or 3 cases have come to court with charges of kidnap etc. Yet Bill Roache is up in court with a single allegation from 1967...

A small update on the Supreme side. I spoke to one of their girls today. Either a massive coincidence or it's them. All she knows is that she had a text yesterday saying that the website was going to be down for a few days and reception and her boss have been uncontactable ever since. She certainly didn't ask for her profile to be pulled from all of the other sites and She's shitting it because her livelihood's at stake...

A small update on the Supreme side. I spoke to one of their girls today. Either a massive coincidence or it's them. All she knows is that she had a text yesterday saying that the website was going to be down for a few days and reception and her boss have been uncontactable ever since. She certainly didn't ask for her profile to be pulled from all of the other sites and She's shitting it because her livelihood's at stake...

Well all she has to do is contact the other agencies direct and she'll be up and running in a few days...

Well all she has to do is contact the other agencies direct and she'll be up and running in a few days...

One would have thought so