Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jackdaw

Apple Wireless Keyboard Poblems

3 posts in this topic

Bought a iMac with a wireless keyboard a couple of years ago. Had half a dozen-ish problems with wireless keyboard over that time. 

First one was completely useless. After a couple of days trying various things suggested by helpline. Apple accepted that and arranged to send a new one. (Mind you... Apple being Apple... they still want your credit card details in case everything you've told them over the phone for last two days is untrue, to make sure they can bill you "just in case".)

Second one worked. But pretty often the blue tooth pairing between the keyboard and Mac breaks down. There's about a dozen ways to reset it, and eventually.... so far.... one of them works. Until next time....

Fortunately, I know the most common ways of doing the re-pairing now. I say fortunate.... because, of course, Apple make a substantial charge to speak to you once Mac is over a year old. I would normally say "fair enough" to that. But not in this case.... because its obvious that stability of wireless keyboard/ Mac pairing is a well known issue, suffered by a goodly number of customers.

The iMac is a pretty good machine. But I'd advise any user to keep a wired keyboard handy.... because several of the things you need to do if wireless keyboard fails, rely on having a fully functional keyboard!

Indeed if I had a good quality wired keyboard (my emergency board is pretty basic).... I'd personally use it all the time, and bin the wireless one. Apart from anything else it goes through batteries pretty smartish.

Edited by jackdaw

I just bought a Imac yesterday and it works flawless. 

I have used wireless keyboards with iMacs both in the office and at home since they were introduced without any major problems. On the rare occasions that the connection has 'failed' a touch of the on-button has remedied the situation.