Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Galahad

How Do You Search For Reports?

16 posts in this topic

I am curious to know how people find reports to read. Does anyone still look at the alphabetic index files, or do you use the advanced search functions primarily?

What criteria do you apply when searching?

What search features would you like to see added?

Thanks!

i use both

but there are quite a few with misspelled town names which become obvious in the town list.

Wish there was an ability to search by proximity to postcode. (I think the first part of the postcode should be captured at FR writing time)

I also look at the default search view and scan down the last 7 days reports to see whats new.

in the agency list wish there was an easier way to sort the list by date. now we get the list in lady order, and paste the contact details  into the search and select order to get what we want.

put the url of the fr at the bottom to help those wanting to link to it

It would be nice to be able to search by phone number if possible.

Usually use the advance search by date than location than phone number if I want to look for a specific lady or establishment.

Maybe search by nationality.... not that it matters to me but might to some. 

It would be nice to be able to search by phone number if possible.

You can.... put the phone number in the contact details box, remember to tick the box & untick the most recent box.

Generally by location index  - nearest town / city to where I'm considering a punt

i use both

but there are quite a few with misspelled town names which become obvious in the town list.

Wish there was an ability to search by proximity to postcode. (I think the first part of the postcode should be captured at FR writing time)

I also look at the default search view and scan down the last 7 days reports to see whats new.

in the agency list wish there was an easier way to sort the list by date. now we get the list in lady order, and paste the contact details  into the search and select order to get what we want.

put the url of the fr at the bottom to help those wanting to link to it

I agree with all this, Its good you can now read an FR and see what other FRs the WG or SP if an Establishment has by clicking on the link given in my view, but i would prefer both a date and name order list ideally. Also perhaps this is just me but how can you view a SP that has over 500 FRs, it lists 500 on a page  but i cant see how i can view the next page which must exist as sometimes 500 is only down to say WGs with names beginning with a P.

I just click on FRs on here, i dont look elsewhere unless i want to view a particular SP that is only listed on the Announcements Board, and i very rarely use the SP Database.

Wish there was an ability to search by proximity to postcode. (I think the first part of the postcode should be captured

The first part of the postcode would be a good idea. I know you dislike that other site but that is one of their good points. In the newest 500 I scan down for towns/areas that I am interested in rather than look at names or website details.

Usually use the advance search by date than location than phone number if I want to look for a specific lady or establishment.

You can.... put the phone number in the contact details box, remember to tick the box & untick the most recent box.

Also, enter only the last 6 digits of the mobile number, as some reports may have all the numbers together, whilst others

are sometimes separated by a gap between the 4th and 5th, or between the 5th and 6th number.

Also, enter only the last 6 digits of the mobile number, as some reports may have all the numbers together, whilst others

are sometimes separated by a gap between the 4th and 5th, or between the 5th and 6th number.

Actually you can search with a whole, unbroken phone number - the search algorithm strips out all the spaces from the phone numbers in the database before it does the comparison to the search form fields.

As mentioned above, a proximity search would be nice, but I appreciate that it would require at least the first part of the postcode to be logged with each FR.  If that did happen then it would be possible (and nice) to be able to do a search based on x miles from a searcher's specified postcode, with other search criteria thrown in.

As things stand it can be necessary to search via a string of small town locations if say you are looking for something within say a 20 mile radius, and that can be a bit of a hit and miss experience.

By location, if on here.

On AW, by Female, Incall, 15 Miles of my postcode, and then services.

Well I am easy to please as I use various of the methods that are already available with the most recent 500 the one I use most.

I would ask for one change, however, and that is to have the default setting for displaying results to be in descending order as there is no reason to want to see results at the top of the list from several years ago.

I all too often forget to change the setting but descending order I would say would be what most people would prefer.

Actually you can search with a whole, unbroken phone number - the search algorithm strips out all the spaces from the phone numbers in the database before it does the comparison to the search form fields.

Oops. Thanks for the correction G.

First, by the name of the town.

Then, I click on the name of the institution/person, to see if they have received consistent reports.

That would be good for me. I could live with Oriental / Eastern European / Ebony?  The first two are how I sort my hot lists on AW

I generally take a look at the most recent FR's just to see what is happening in my area. Then, If I am planning  a specific punt, I search the area I shall be visiting.

On AW I search by area, using age filters.