Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gibbs

Keep Having To Sign In Again

10 posts in this topic

95% of the time I use my iPhone for looking at Pnet and lately have had a problem. Not every time but enough times for it to be annoying I have logged in, typed a post, pressed the button and nothing has happened. When I check I find that I've been logged out. I then sign in again but the the problem is that I've lost my post and have to start again. It happened to me on my pc this morning but as I only log on with my pc occasionally I don't know if that was a coincidence.

I'm assuming that it's at my end with BT rather than at Pnet but am wondering if it's my iPhone. So this tech-dummy is asking if anyone has any advice please?

Sounds like a poor signal .   Have you paid your television licence  :mellow:

I should have said that I'm on O2. It's probably 50 - 50 as regards usage at home and usage away from home.

When it won't allow me to post why does it sometimes indicate in the top right corner that I am still signed in?

Certain forums based on phpbb have a static signature ip setup. What this means is that you remain logged in if you have a constant internet connection and your ip doesn't change.

If you are on 3G and your connection drops and reinitialises you may get a new ip and so be logged out. If you have wifi at home and your connection changes to 3G because you go out of range, you will have a different ip and could be logged out. Randomly on a home connection, your provider (isp) will occasionally change your ip, possibly logging you out. Also if you have no activity for a certain period of time you may be timed out.

My suggestion is that you just monitor your connection when you are posting and see if it changes, then refresh pn and see if you are still logged in.

-H

I should have said that I'm on O2. It's probably 50 - 50 as regards usage at home and usage away from home.

When it won't allow me to post why does it sometimes indicate in the top right corner that I am still signed in?

Its not o2 blocking your access to adult sites is it, they have a history of doing that, but it should take you to a link where you have to pay a £1 on a credit card which you get back, if thats the case.

I did have similar problems to what you describe when a software upgrade was done, i wasnt using a phone to access though, in that case Galahad was very helpful and it got sorted quickly.

I did the £1 thing last year and haven't had a problem and strangely enough the fault appears to have disappeared. As it was happening at home and whilst out and about locally today it may have been an O2 glitch. I hope it's not my iPhone.

Thanks for the responses.

I did the £1 thing last year and haven't had a problem and strangely enough the fault appears to have disappeared. As it was happening at home and whilst out and about locally today it may have been an O2 glitch. I hope it's not my iPhone.

Thanks for the responses.

how does i-phone handle cookies? I know on pc if i delete cookies i get signed out.  wonder if there is an i-phone setting about cookies.

O2 is that for both your mobile and home broadband? It's just that O2 have sold off their Home broadband and home (landline) phone services to Sky but have kept the mobile service

how does i-phone handle cookies? I know on pc if i delete cookies i get signed out.  wonder if there is an i-phone setting about cookies.

I have the iPhone set on "private browsing" all the time. Sometimes I have to come out of it but not often. In addition as a safeguard I always regularly go through the "clear history" and "clear cookies and data" procedure just in case. Personal opinion of course but it's a lot better and simpler than the Samsung Galaxy that I had.

O2 is that for both your mobile and home broadband? It's just that O2 have sold off their Home broadband and home (landline) phone services to Sky but have kept the mobile service

O2 for the mobile and BT for the home telephone and broadband.