gibbs

Time Limit On Posting?

6 posts in this topic

I know that you only have 2 or 3 minutes from posting in which to edit your post but that isn't actually what my query.

Is there a time limit between clicking on "reply" to clicking on "send" ? On occasions I have composed a long post and then by the time I come to submit nothing happens. Or rather the message saying "you are not authorized etc " appears. The request to sign in. But if I go to sign either I lose my post or the message reappears.

When I go back to my post and scroll up to the top of the page it says that I am still signed in. But my post is not accepted.

This is a problem related to my mobile phone (which I do 95% of my posts) and doesn't happen all the time. It can happen in the house or when I am out and about. Any ideas?

I can only really answer the fact that you appear logged in. When you click 'back' or press backspace, your browser attempts to load a cached (saved) version of the page, therefor yoy may appear as logged in, but are not.

Regarding time outs, only a forum adkin could amswer that!

Hope this helps,

-H

Just happened to me this afternoon in the following thread...look at my posts #26 and #27

http://www.punternet.com/forum/index.php/topic/30749-dodgy-advertisers-on-aw/

I am not a good/fast writer, so it does take time for me to put a decent reply together.

I normally copy and paste my entire reply just before hitting the submission button,

in case I have been timed out. On this occassion, i must have hit Ctrl+V (instead of first

Ctrl+C) and deleted my entire reply before I submitted it!!!!

When I wne t back to edit and re-type my original rpely, I was timed-out, so it did not

allow me to re-post it.

a tip that I'm sure also works on mobile.... Copy it, not necessarily pasting it anywhere.

If you hit a snag, start a new reply, but paste in what you had previoudly copied.

Hope the above makes sense (and works!!)

I'll have to learn how to copy and paste. Can't do it on my pc let alone iPhone. I did google it a few months ago and I really will have to do so again, print it off, read it and then practice it. Good job we don't have to do that for punting. :D

I know that you only have 2 or 3 minutes from posting in which to edit your post but that isn't actually what my query.

Is there a time limit between clicking on "reply" to clicking on "send" ? On occasions I have composed a long post and then by the time I come to submit nothing happens. Or rather the message saying "you are not authorized etc " appears. The request to sign in. But if I go to sign either I lose my post or the message reappears.

When I go back to my post and scroll up to the top of the page it says that I am still signed in. But my post is not accepted.

This is a problem related to my mobile phone (which I do 95% of my posts) and doesn't happen all the time. It can happen in the house or when I am out and about. Any ideas?

Ive just had that happen to me, Im a one fingered typist so any post could be a bit long winded for me.

Anyway I wrote my post, pressed the post button and I was logged out and I thought I had lost my post.

I logged back in and started to rewrite my post when I noticed, auto saved, on the lower bar of the box. I pressed it and found it had saved about half my original post, so I only had a small rewrite to do.

Happened to me yesterday and quite often in the past, usually because wifi drops out.

Thats why I always copy anything longer than about 1 line before sending.