Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bethom

Location..

6 posts in this topic

One thing I don't get is that some parlour owners bring closure on themselves.

why have a flat or parlour in a cul-de-sac or otherwise small residential area?  doesn't this just invite trouble?  

I'm reminded of a flat that used to exist in Bedford about 8 years ago.  It wasn't a bad place to visit, however it was in a cul-de-sac and it was clear the neighbours knew what was going on.  It would be difficult not to, as plenty of punters' cars would pull up at a time.  I even recall stories in the local press about it, however the police couldn't do anything since they were not violating the law.

Surely the best place for parlours is on busy streets, or in flats above rows of shops.  

They can be in the strangest of places and I agree that some of them defy logic (make that commonsense), such as the cul-de-sac mentioned above.

Not sure about being legal though if more than one girl working there, even if it's on different days. Also there's the tenancy agreement if rented (many are) as I believe that contains certain conditions as well.

I agree that the best place is either above a busy parade of shops, with a separate and discreet entrance of course, or maybe in an apartment block or block of flats that doesn't have a security guard on the door.

bethom, on 28 May 2013 - 05:34, said:

why have a flat or parlour in a cul-de-sac or otherwise small residential area? doesn't this just invite trouble?

I'm reminded of a flat that used to exist in Bedford about 8 years ago. It wasn't a bad place to visit, however it was in a cul-de-sac and it was clear the neighbours knew what was going on. It would be difficult not to, as plenty of punters' cars would pull up at a time. I even recall stories in the local press about it, however the police couldn't do anything since they were not violating the law.

Surely the best place for parlours is on busy streets, or in flats above rows of shops.

They were breaking the law as it was a brothel if as you say it was a Parlour where there were different WGs working either together or even alone but on seperate days. So the police could of raided it at any time as they could any brothel they know about.

Its a lack of brain power in my view to be so indiscreet, to me its obvious the best kind of place for a brothel is in a block of flats that as Ray says has no security guards so its not obvious where people are going within the block.

I can only assume keeping costs down and working from their own home was the scenario here, or they got the premises cheap so thought it worth the risk.

why have a flat or parlour in a cul-de-sac or otherwise small residential area?  doesn't this just invite trouble?  

I'm reminded of a flat that used to exist in Bedford about 8 years ago.  It wasn't a bad place to visit, however it was in a cul-de-sac and it was clear the neighbours knew what was going on.  It would be difficult not to, as plenty of punters' cars would pull up at a time.  I even recall stories in the local press about it, however the police couldn't do anything since they were not violating the law.

If the police want to close you down - it does not matter where your parlour is

Is that the same as saying the police have it in for you? :D

True, but in this case it was the neighbours complaining, since they put two and two together by seeing lots of men going in there.  

Had it been a busy street or not a secluded area then the likelihood of neighbours complaining would be slim.