fututor

When Do You Write Your Review?

20 posts in this topic

Assuming you do, of course.

I've just returned from an outstanding punt and, as is my way, I wrote a report on the agency site as I grabbed some food afterwards. It was pretty effusive.

It's only as I sit on the train on the way home that I realise that we overran by some distance. I'd checked my watch but my mind was so addled by the various sex related chemicals flooding it that I couldn't work out/didn't realise we'd gone past the hour.

This got me thinking...my usual post coital ramblings are maybe too caught up in the euphoria. Not inaccurate per se but perhaps not as balanced as they might otherwise be.

So, when do you write yours?

I always drive to and from punts so I can't write the FR on the way home. My shortest journey home has been just under an hour. My longest has been over four hours. Therefore there is time to think in the way home. After a really good punt you do have to be careful not to crash while you are reminiscing.

As soon as possible after returning home, and while it's still fresh in my mind, I write the FR and save it as a draft on my secret private e-mail account. Over the next 24 hours I go back to it two or three times and usually make minor alterations. Sometimes it's just a case of re-wording. Sometimes taking something out. Sometimes adding something I'd forgotten. Then if I'm happy with it I post it on here. By not posting it until 24 to 48 hours after the punt means that I don't usually have any regrets.

It's not often I do fr's these days. But not unlike Gibbs, if I do so I do like to ensure a couple of days have passed so I can get some perspective on matters.

I generally do mine within 24 hours of the meeting. I got a bit of a shock though with one girl who was very good and to whom I had written a positive report. That was 5 months ago when I paid her £130 for an hour. I now see from her website that she has increased her charges to £160 an hour. :eek:  Makes you wonder doesn't it as to whether or not posting a favourable report leads to an increase in fees? Has anyone encountered something like this recently?

i've just read my last review some days after i wrote it. and i wrote it just after the meeting. crikey.  it's a bit savage - not sure if the young lady deserved all that vitriol. sorry!

what's my point? maybe if i've not enjoyed the punt, i should leave it a few days.

other than than - if i've enjoyed the punt, and i'm on the train after, i will often try to write it then. but i have to try and hide the screen from the person sitting next to me. and also not do that thing where you mutter under your breath the words you are typing, sotto voce. "...i finished by coming on her face...the next station is farncombe...". ha ha!

i've just read my last review some days after i wrote it. and i wrote it just after the meeting. crikey.  it's a bit savage - not sure if the young lady deserved all that vitriol. sorry!

See what you mean:

http://www.punternet.com/frs/fr_view.php?recnum=113556

On the other hand, what you're describing there is very recognisable.

Assuming you do, of course.

I've just returned from an outstanding punt and, as is my way, I wrote a report on the agency site as I grabbed some food afterwards. It was pretty effusive.

It's only as I sit on the train on the way home that I realise that we overran by some distance. I'd checked my watch but my mind was so addled by the various sex related chemicals flooding it that I couldn't work out/didn't realise we'd gone past the hour.

This got me thinking...my usual post coital ramblings are maybe too caught up in the euphoria. Not inaccurate per se but perhaps not as balanced as they might otherwise be.

So, when do you write yours?

My private computer time is limited so I do them when I can. Sometimes that can be several days after but if time allows I will do them on the day or the next day when the encounter is fresh in my mind.

The problem is I sometimes rush them and make mistakes. In my last PN FR I did not put the hyphen into the ladies website address!

I must learn how to store drafts then post them in the prescribed formats, so I can double check spelling and websites.

Regards,

davidgood

I try to get it online same-day or next if possible as it will be more accurate, although the restrictions on PN mean that I cannot write that many.

I've been thinking of taking my secretary along with me so that I can dictate the FR as the meating progresses ;)

I try to get it online same-day or next if possible as it will be more accurate, although the restrictions on PN mean that I cannot write that many.

I've been thinking of taking my secretary along with me so that I can dictate the FR as the meating progresses ;)

Funnily enough the lady yesterday was dressed as a secretary. Maybe the sublime OWO was her misunderstanding my request for dictation...

Funnily enough the lady yesterday was dressed as a secretary. Maybe the sublime OWO was her misunderstanding my request for dictation...

Moneypenny?

(mine was a very naughty schoolgirl last night!)

I always drive to and from punts so I can't write the FR on the way home. My shortest journey home has been just under an hour. My longest has been over four hours. Therefore there is time to think in the way home. After a really good punt you do have to be careful not to crash while you are reminiscing.

As soon as possible after returning home, and while it's still fresh in my mind, I write the FR and save it as a draft on my secret private e-mail account. Over the next 24 hours I go back to it two or three times and usually make minor alterations. Sometimes it's just a case of re-wording. Sometimes taking something out. Sometimes adding something I'd forgotten. Then if I'm happy with it I post it on here. By not posting it until 24 to 48 hours after the punt means that I don't usually have any regrets.

I'm pretty much the same with FRs. Typically I'll do a quick first draft after driving home then give it a couple of days before editing the report, after I've had time to take it all in and hopefully ensure the report is not too cringeworthy. 

During the punt , so long as she can keep her head still so that my laptop doesn't slip off!!

During the punt , so long as she can keep her head still so that my laptop doesn't slip off!!

With the advancement in technology is that the up to date version of the "do you indulge in phone sex?" "no - because we keep slipping off". Same for the "do you like sex on the television?" Alternatively "do you watch sex on television?" "yes - because I like to see what positions mum and dad can get into before falling off".

My private computer time is limited so I do them when I can. Sometimes that can be several days after but if time allows I will do them on the day or the next day when the encounter is fresh in my mind. I must learn how to store drafts then post them in the prescribed formats, so I can double check spelling and websites.

Just like you my private computer time is limited which is why I like my iPhone.

I can access my e-mail account more or less wherever I am and even if I only have a few minutes can get something down in my draft e-mails. Then add a little more later and so on until I have a complete draft FR. Then over the next 24 - 48 hours tweek it until I'm satisfied and then post.

Thank goodness for smartphones. What a boon to punting. :D

i try to write them asap while they are still fresh in my mind

It's been a while since I've written one, but I tend to write them within 48 hours or so. Anything after that and I lose my inspiration and the memories fade somewhat.

Within a week of meeting the WG...after that I tend to forget...

what's my point? maybe if i've not enjoyed the punt, i should leave it a few days.

other than than - if i've enjoyed the punt, and i'm on the train after, i will often try to write it then. but i have to try and hide the screen from the person sitting next to me. and also not do that thing where you mutter under your breath the words you are typing, sotto voce. "...i finished by coming on her face...the next station is farncombe...". ha ha!

OMG I just about died laughing my ass off at your report.

I feel for the girl, and obviously your "lack of punt" but, I about fell of my chair at your style.

Generally depends when I get the chance, but I try to do it within 24 hours or so because my memory is atrocious. I prefer to do them on my laptop as well, so that rules out doing them on the way home on my phone. I really need to do another PN FR soon, because it's ages since my last one (apart from ones in London), and there's not many doing regular reports for my area.

OMG I just about died laughing my ass off at your report.

I feel for the girl, and obviously your "lack of punt" but, I about fell of my chair at your style.

+1 Whether it was justified or not, it was a highly amusing read.

As for reports, like others, my private computer time is precious, and spent more on research than reports. My smartphone is not for punting, so that doesn't come into it. On the few occasions when I have reported, probably within a week is about typical. I don't do them immediately, as I like time to reflect.