raylondoner

Question For The Girls - What Impact Does The Weather Have On Business?

23 posts in this topic

Take today for example, just getting to punting time and its starts to piss down - not that uncommon.

Me, I'm not a "fair weather" punter and would not be put off if I've already booked but, sometimes, a guy might ask himself if he suddenly has the urge (or opportunity), "do I really want to go out in that"?

Good question here and one i'd be interested in seeing answers to as i know my trade definately takes a hit with the weather

I don't think the weather does (unless there's a milimetre of snow and then the whole country comes to a standstill), but school holidays do.

I've had a guy cancel because he didn't want to drive in the drizzle, he supposedly lived and worked in Cumbria so I'm guessing he really doesn't get out very much at all. He'd been pushing for my location 'so he could check it out' and I think he was put off by the street view for parking which would/could give a different impression of the type of place you were visiting.

Moving on I've also had someone cancel because the sun came out, decided to go out on the fells instead - except that was only decided on the day right before a booking(both times).

Majority of my regulars have gotten to me through all sorts of bad, and horrendous weathers including the Cumbrian floods of 2009.

Majority of my regulars have gotten to me through all sorts of bad, and horrendous weathers including the Cumbrian floods of 2009.

Sadly I live too far away from you to be able to arrange a visit but given the chance, looking at your website, I would battle through fire, flood, pestilence and plague to make an appointment with you.

Sadly I live too far away from you to be able to arrange a visit but given the chance, looking at your website, I would battle through fire, flood, pestilence and plague to make an appointment with you.

Yer not comin' in if yer contagious :ph34r:  ^_^

I can't say its made much difference to me this week. You do get the odd guy who may cancel because its wet and not in the way he  likes it but most guys if they get the urge still come out and play.

Bibi , can I cum play with you? I wont cheat... honest.

SP

Bibi , can I cum play with you? I wont cheat... honest.

SP

:lol: Go for it!Not saying I won't cheat though! :P

Would make no difference to me,  even if it was a blizzard.  I would probably call ahead anc check it was still ok for the lady, but otherwise if I had made a booking I would follow it through.  

The usual weather for the UK makes no difference to me, i wouldn't be thinking about a punt during heavy snow in London (1mm and above) anyway ;-)

Channel 4's docu on the Human Swarm  (Thursday) contained a couple of nuggets amidst the dross, one of which was that access to on-line dating sites goes up as the temperature drops  (and so does the rate of conceptions). So - in big picture terms - it's quite plausible that the weather could indeed have an effect ( and a positive one) on WG business.

It's interesting that no-one above recognised a pattern in their own lives. Maybe it only shows in larger data samples, and  those are hard to come by in this arena. The AW booking database is probably the biggest primary source: might be interesting to do some statistical analysis of bookings, plotted against temperature.

Bigger question is: if there were a demonstrable effect,   what steps, if any, might  a WG take to exploit it?  Supermarkets do obvious things like putting 'trigger' stuff on TV and in line of sight   ( 'hearty' stews and the like), but what's the weather-sensitive equivalent in this game? ( Apart from: on with the mac :P )

It doesnt really make any difference unless its snowing heavily, even then some still persevere. Its when the snow starts getting to a point where the guy si thinking..mmmm its 4 inches now but what if I come out of the booking and its 8 inches...worrys of being snowed in at the wrong location do affect 

..mmmm its 4 inches now but what if I come out of the booking and its 8 inches...

I usually find it gets to 8 inches during the booking and then shrinks back down by the time I come out. Or were you still talking about the snow?

It doesnt really make any difference unless its snowing heavily, even then some still persevere. Its when the snow starts getting to a point where the guy si thinking..mmmm its 4 inches now but what if I come out of the booking and its 8 inches...worrys of being snowed in at the wrong location do affect 

I usually find it gets to 8 inches during the booking and then shrinks back down by the time I come out. Or were you still talking about the snow?

Hmm, I start at 4 inches and it's thawed by the time I come out! :angry:

Most talk here is of bad weather. Lovely warm sunny days certainly make me more horny and it's not just the scantily clad lasses that cause it. Even alone in a sunny garden turns my thoughts to my favourite lady - speaking of which the sun is blazing away at the moment.

You never know though,it could come out the other way round.seen some dodgy looking stretching devices about

On 5/29/2013 at 6:54 PM, Strawberry said:

I've had a guy cancel because he didn't want to drive in the drizzle, he supposedly lived and worked in Cumbria so I'm guessing he really doesn't get out very much at all. He'd been pushing for my location 'so he could check it out' and I think he was put off by the street view for parking which would/could give a different impression of the type of place you were visiting.

Moving on I've also had someone cancel because the sun came out, decided to go out on the fells instead - except that was only decided on the day right before a booking(both times).

I picked up on this old thread because I couldn't recall where the floods of last winter were discussed. The season is upon us once more, and old friends of mine in the southwest are preparing for the worst, yet again. My new abode is, thankfully, beyond the reach of anything less than the Earth doing a wobble, but I can imagine last year's flooding is still being dealt with in some places, Cumbria for instance - any news from the girls on how their businesses may be affected this time around?

The number of guys who suffer random unable to cum goes up in hot heavy humid summers. Deep snow puts guys off the journey, that's about it really 

Personally, when it is really hot the urge is not so high, I detest hot weather. Anything below 16 right down to -16 is good.

Sunshine after a period of grey weather brings them out- even in winter. Extreme conditions like snow, ice or high winds put people off. Generally winter is a busy time, people have less commitments elsewhere and less holidays. Christmas bonus time is always good too! Though that is lessening these days. 

On 31/05/2013 at 8:21 PM, Blue rememberedhills said:

Channel 4's docu on the Human Swarm  (Thursday) contained a couple of nuggets amidst the dross, one of which was that access to on-line dating sites goes up as the temperature drops  (and so does the rate of conceptions). So - in big picture terms - it's quite plausible that the weather could indeed have an effect ( and a positive one) on WG business.

It's interesting that no-one above recognised a pattern in their own lives.

Several decades ago I had a neat little Casio clock/calculator which could do date calculations. Over a good number of pub lunches I tried it out on colleagues, and was entertained to find just how many had clearly been conceived on their fathers' birthdays! - "Oh, alright, I suppose I'll let you, seeing as how it's your birthday!"  ??

But I don't suppose you trot off to see your favourite WG on your birthday?