Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gog

Misandry

14 posts in this topic

Do you feel that the wish by extreme feminists to make paying for sex illegal is motivated by misandry and making it illegal to pay for sex has two main aims.  Firstly, sex is a powerful need in men and extreme feminists recognise this.  Making it illegal to pay for sex restricts the availability of sex for men.  Secondly, making it illegal to pay for sex increases the range of sexual offences men can be prosecuted for.   

The latter is certainly true. I think a lot of it comes down to genuine ignorance. Think about your perceptions of punting before you got involved with it - it was probably all negative - street walkers, pimps, drug addiction, serial killers etc. I'm willing to bet most professional feminists have not had much contact with the actual business itself & they are just assuming the extreme negatives are the norm.

I think a lot of it comes down to intellectual snobbery mixed with an unhealthy dose of good old fashioned frosty knickers. The "we know whats best for you even if you dont like it" brigade at its worst. 

Hmmm maybe not misandry, exactly, but I think you make an important point gog, about restricting the supply of sex. Probably what isn't objected to is prostitutes as women selling themselves for sex as such, but they do so too cheaply, relative to other non WGs.Thus depressing the market. I heard a conversation once in which a woman was explaining to a man what she looked for in a husband. "Decency" (meaning, not having sex with anyone else) and an income twice hers. That was it! Nothing about romance, love, the delirious pleasures of being taken clean outside of ones own normal personality by someone, etc.,etc. The man looked like a condemned man about to be led to the gallows. How many couples break up when the money runs ou...pardon me, "when financial pressures put a strain on the relationship. " Obviously it's not the whole picture, nothing wrong with falling in love and getting married, nothing whatsoever, but it's just weird that marriage doesn't seem to get the same amount of feminist critique as does prostitution.

One of the biggest selling points of criminalizing sex work is "most prostitutes are trafficked/unwilling". However evidence to support this is almost non-existant. The UK has undertaken not 1 but 2 massive 6-month long investigations involving all UK police forces invading brothels, saunas and private flats all over the UK to find the 1000s and 1000s of the trafficked victims and their perpertrators the tabloids keep telling us about. They were complete failures.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/oct/20/government-trafficking-enquiry-fails

IMO the antis have other agendas. I agree with the OP on these 2 points:

1. They hate the fact that men with a little money can choose a woman to have sex with including young beautiful women they wouldn't be able to bed without payment. Basically they hate the idea of men having access to so much sexual enjoyment.

2. They want to expand the criteria of sexual offences to put more men in prison (because as most mainstream feminists will tells us, most men are dangerous sexual predators and potential rapists).

Do you feel that the wish by extreme feminists to make paying for sex illegal is motivated by misandry and making it illegal to pay for sex has two main aims.  Firstly, sex is a powerful need in men and extreme feminists recognise this.  Making it illegal to pay for sex restricts the availability of sex for men.  Secondly, making it illegal to pay for sex increases the range of sexual offences men can be prosecuted for.   

In short, Yes. 

They want to 'win' not gain equally and sex is the most powerful 'weapon' in their arsenal.  That is why they call it the battle of the sexes.

What do Julie Bindell, Harriet Harman and Margo MacDonald all have in common? Yes apart being Femi-Nazis they are all married. This is what I believe they are really try to protect the institute of marriage. Think about it the divorce rates in UK/Europe are the highest and they believe it is the availability of prostitution that is destroying marriage not the outdated concept of fidelity.

What do Julie Bindell, Harriet Harman and Margo MacDonald all have in common? Yes apart being Femi-Nazis they are all married. This is what I believe they are really try to protect the institute of marriage. Think about it the divorce rates in UK/Europe are the highest and they believe it is the availability of prostitution that is destroying marriage not the outdated concept of fidelity.

Unlike the other 2 you mentioned Margo McDonald appears to have a brain. She makes sensible arguments on the topics of prostitution and also euthanasia (which I would also like to see legal in the UK).

Women are shit scared their men will realise after they have brought up the kids they are superfluous and men can get their nooky elsewhere with no strings attached for cash.

Bindell's a lesbian, isn't she?

Edited by Mr. Bloom

I think you mean 'lesbian minger'

My mistake I shoud have added Jacqui Smith instead. Yet you get my point. The institution of marriage is under threat and they see sex workers as the problem rather then the solution.

My mistake I shoud have added Jacqui Smith instead. Yet you get my point. The institution of marriage is under threat and they see sex workers as the problem rather then the solution.

Did you maybe mean Rhoda Grant rather than Margo MacDonald too? Margo's on our side.

Did you maybe mean Rhoda Grant rather than Margo MacDonald too? Margo's on our side.

I will hide my head in shame. :wub:  ...