pollyp23

Rimming: Thoughts?

3 posts in this topic

Giving, receiving, health hazards, preparation for?

Personally, I've never given or received it, nor do I really want to.

Would it carry the same sort of risk as ATM (see Hardsports thread)?

I think the same diseases are a risk but at a reduced level compared to the other thread. I would make sure you shower with the lady to make sure the ass is very clean. I know some will take that personally but thats just the being precious. If a guy wants to shower with a girl for his own personal peace of mind before uncovered services then it shouldnt be an issue same as if a girl wants to shower with the guy for the same reasons.

There is a thread already about this that has all the relevent information 

Here you go x

Health risk[edit]
Main article: Fecal–oral route

The practice of anilingus has potential health risks arising from the oral contact with human feces. Diseases which may be transmitted by contact with feces include: bacterial diseases include shigellosis (bacillary dysentery); viral systemic diseases include hepatitis Ahepatitis Bhepatitis Cpoliomyelitishuman papillomavirus (HPV) and herpes simplex virus; parasites include intestinal parasites; and infections and inflammations chlamydia infectiongastroenteritisconjunctivitisgonorrhea and other sexually transmitted diseases.[10]

Applying the mouth to the genitals immediately after applying it to the anus can introduce the bacterium Escherichia coli ("E. coli") into the urethra, leading to a urinary tract infection.HIV/AIDS is not believed to be easily transmitted through anilingus.[11]

Anilingus with a number of casual partners increases the health risks associated with the practice. Generally, people carrying infections that may be passed on during anilingus appear healthy. Parasites may be in the faeces if poorly cooked meat was consumed. The faeces contain traces of Hepatitis A only if the infected person has eaten contaminated food.

Another recent study suggests a correlation between oral sex and throat cancer. It is believed that this is due to the transmission of HPV because this virus has been implicated in most cervical cancers. The study concludes that people who had one to five oral-sex partners in their lifetime had approximately a doubled risk of throat cancer compared with those who never engaged in this activity. Those with more than five oral-sex partners had a 250% increased risk compared with those who never engaged in this activity.[12]

Prevention[edit]

The thorough washing of the anal region before anilingus will wash away most external fecal particles and reduce the risk of contraction of fecal-sourced infection. An enema can also reduce the risk of direct fecal contact.[13] A dental dam may also be used.

Safe practice is to avoid unprotected sex which involves fellatio after anal intercourse.

If the receiving partner has wounds or open sores on the genitals, or if the giving partner has wounds or open sores on or in the mouth, or bleeding gums, this poses an increased risk of STD transmission. Brushing the teeth, flossing, undergoing dental work, and eating crunchy foods (such as potato chips) relatively soon before or after performing anilingus also increases the risk of transmission, because all of these activities can cause small scratches on the inside of the lips, cheeks, and palate. These wounds, even when they aremicroscopic, increase the chances of contracting STDs that can be transmitted orally under these conditions.