Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Galahad

Some Quotable Quotes

10 posts in this topic

From "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long", by Robert A. Heinlein. He had it right, even all those years ago.

It impossible for a man to love his wife wholeheartedly without loving all women somewhat. I suppose that the converse must be true of women.

Sex should be friendly. Otherwise stick to mechanical toys; it's more sanitary.

Of all the strange "crimes" that human beings have legislated out of nothing, "blasphemy" is the most amazing -- with "obscenity" and "indecent exposure" fighting it out for second and third place.

Have you noticed how much they look like orchids? Lovely!

A whore should be judged by the same criteria as other professionals offering services for pay -- such as dentists, lawyers, hairdressers, physicians, plumbers, etc. Is she professionally competent? Does she give good measure? Is she honest with her clients? It is possible that the percentage of honest and competent whores is higher than that of plumbers and much higher than that of lawyers. And enormously higher than that of professors.

You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think! (Geddit?............ :) ) (The great Dorothy Parker by the way.)

There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything.
I find this a great philosophy

And
In China there was once a man who liked pictures of dragons, and his clothing and furnishings were all designed accordingly. His deep affection for dragons was brought to the attention of the dragon god, and one day a real dragon appeared before his window. It is said that he died of fright. He was probably a man who always spoke big words but acted differently when facing the real thing.

From "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long", by Robert A. Heinlein. He had it right, even all those years ago.

It impossible for a man to love his wife wholeheartedly without loving all women somewhat. I suppose that the converse must be true of women.

Sex should be friendly. Otherwise stick to mechanical toys; it's more sanitary.

Of all the strange "crimes" that human beings have legislated out of nothing, "blasphemy" is the most amazing -- with "obscenity" and "indecent exposure" fighting it out for second and third place.

Have you noticed how much they look like orchids? Lovely!

A whore should be judged by the same criteria as other professionals offering services for pay -- such as dentists, lawyers, hairdressers, physicians, plumbers, etc. Is she professionally competent? Does she give good measure? Is she honest with her clients? It is possible that the percentage of honest and competent whores is higher than that of plumbers and much higher than that of lawyers. And enormously higher than that of professors.

Robert Heinlein, there's a name from the depths of my reading history, Starship Trooper, Stranger in a Strange Land and the Man who Sold the Moon, to name just a few of his books. I never read any of the Lazarus books, sounds like a must read if they are still in print.

I seem to remember reading somewhere, that his views on sex and sexuality were very enlightened for the times, 30's - 50's and he had an open marriage.

SIASL and MWSTM both had group marriages. Time enough for Love (the LL book) is great too. Shame he got all weird in the end with Friday and Job, but he is well forgiven.

His time travel books By his Bootstraps and Door into Summer are great, if not about libertarian ideas and sex.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

An exchange between Churchill and, I think Lady Astor, Lady, 'You are drunk', Churchill, 'And you are ugly, tomorrow I will be sober but you will still be ugly'.

Hmm, a quotable quote.

Ah yes I have one, "I am leaving you honey"

"Why"?

Moments pause for dramatic effect...

"Because you do not interest me sexually nor spiritually..."

Taken from Edmond, starring excellent William H Macy.

Apologies for taking this rather high brow thread to a trite level ,but it is a pretty decent film, about fate,our purpose.

"I regret to say that we of the FBI are powerless to act in cases of oral-genital intimacy, unless it has in some way obstructed interstate commerce."

J. Edgar Hoover (allegedly).

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered.

But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: - 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall."

- Eleanor Roosevelt 

Pleas forgive the "cut and paste", but some of these are very "quotable"

FAMOUS QUOTES

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. 

But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: - 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall."

- Eleanor Roosevelt 

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, 'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin.'

- Lillian Carter (mother of 
Jimmy
 Carter)

Last week, I stated this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by 

her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement.. 

- Mark Twain

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two

as close together as possible
- George Burns

Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.
- Victor Borge

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain

By all means, marry. 

If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
- Socrates

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
- Groucho Marx
My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe.
- Jimmy Durante

I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor

Only Irish coffee provides (in a single glass) all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
- Alex Levine

My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.
- Rodney Dangerfield
Money can't buy you happiness .... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
- Spike Milligan

Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP.
- Joe Namath

I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap.
- Bob Hope

I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it..
- W. C. Fields

We could certainly slow the aging process down if it had to work its way through Congress.
- Will Rogers

Don't worry about avoiding temptation. 

As you grow older, it will avoid you.
- Winston Churchill

Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty.

But everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out..
- Phyllis Diller

By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.
- Billy Crystal

Edited by Vin DaLoo
Reduced HUGE point size