Carnival

Man Calls Solihull Police To Complain About Prostitute's Looks

34 posts in this topic

"I told him that she'd not committed any offences and that it was his actions, in soliciting for sex, that were in fact illegal."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-22887138

Doesn't sound from the narrative in the article that any soliciting was involved on the part of the guy here, but what a pratt though!

"I told him that she'd not committed any offences and that it was his actions, in soliciting for sex, that were in fact illegal."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-22887138

Doesn't sound from the narrative in the article that any soliciting was involved on the part of the guy here, but what a pratt though!

it doesnt say how the initial contact took place. If he found her on a website and arranged to meet, then no offence had been committed.  Plod was wrong as usual. 

Should he have called the local trading standards official??

it doesnt say how the initial contact took place. If he found her on a website and arranged to meet, then no offence had been committed.  Plod was wrong as usual. 

Should he have called the local trading standards official??

paying for sex is 'imoral' and therefore actions cannot be brought in civil courts for recovery of debts.  So he would have no claim.

Edited by Coventrypunter

I just posted this link too. Put a smile on an otherwise dreary day. The punter must either be dumb as hell, or have anger management issues.

Is the punter "one of us"? While I'd hope not, if he is, perhaps he could post links to her site, so we can form our own conclusions?

I read this one.Must admit i did have a chuckle.If it really happened that definately takes some brass front

I would have thought a call to Trading Standards would have been more appropriate !

"Brass" being the operative word ;)

Shocking! Got some balls he has! Her description of herself is subjective anyhow, so I doubt he would get very far!

Ellie Louise xX

Is the punter "one of us"? While I'd hope not, if he is, perhaps he could post links to her site, so we can form our own conclusions?

Why just the punter? Couldn't the lady be "one of us"?

paying for sex is 'imoral' and therefore actions cannot be brought in civil courts for recovery of debts.  So he would have no claim.

Don't think theyre talking recovery but to get her done under false advertising :)

Total nutcase. Hogging a 999 line for this purpose - he needs more than a warning.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4967115/Caller-phoned-999-to-tell-police-his-prostitute-was-ugly.html

It does say here - he made contact over the phone in response to a newspaper advert. Clearly if he said she misrepresented her looks then he hadn't been kerb crawling. The only law he broke was in wasting police time etc.

I would have thought a call to Trading Standards would have been more appropriate !

True, could have called BBC Watchdog featuring that guy with the ugly face.

"Although postcards advertising the services of prostitutes are common sights in some places, it is illegal to advertise for sex work."

Really?

Being West Mids based, I think all us punters should be encouraged to complain to our local nick if we get a dud 'un. That might get more bobbies on the beat, keen to investigate!!

Multiple threads merged!

"Although postcards advertising the services of prostitutes are common sights in some places, it is illegal to advertise for sex work."

Really?

er...no. Carding itself is illegal. But sticking an ad in the paper or on t'internet is perfectly legal.

I

er...no. Carding itself is illegal. But sticking an ad in the paper or on t'internet is perfectly legal.

I think (correct me please!) that carding IN OR NEAR  A TELEPHONE BOX is illegal - s46(1) CJ&PA 2001? I think the old (paid) card in a news agent's window is not illegal, although it'll likely get the local radfem round to make a scene. I've e-mailed the Coventry Local Policing Unit - I'll be intrigued, but very surprised if I get an answer!

It appears nothing illegal happened, despite the police potentially saying his soliciting was.

The punter was sensible enough to walk away from a bad punt, but to call the police was truly insane!

Good stuff. It's about time crimes like this were taken more seriously.