Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fututor

Some Advice Please...

15 posts in this topic

I posted in the thread below on the earlier West London raids and Supreme69 busts. My interest is largely related to the fact that a regular of mine was employed by Supreme (no coercion before you ask...) although working on her own in her own privately managed flat so legally not doing anything wrong as far as I'm aware. The police did contact her landlord at the time of the original arrests but she didn't speak to them.

They, the police, have been banging on her door this week and this has caused an understandable degree of concern.

Has anyone heard of any further police enquiries or have a view on what they are after? My understanding from another reg is that in the initial raids they just asked other girls if they had been coerced or if they wanted help finding other work.

All strikes me as a bit odd although I might not be getting all the facts, obviously....

I posted in the thread below on the earlier West London raids and Supreme69 busts. My interest is largely related to the fact that a regular of mine was employed by Supreme (no coercion before you ask...) although working on her own in her own privately managed flat so legally not doing anything wrong as far as I'm aware. The police did contact her landlord at the time of the original arrests but she didn't speak to them.

They, the police, have been banging on her door this week and this has caused an understandable degree of concern.

Has anyone heard of any further police enquiries or have a view on what they are after? My understanding from another reg is that in the initial raids they just asked other girls if they had been coerced or if they wanted help finding other work.

All strikes me as a bit odd although I might not be getting all the facts, obviously....

she coulod find a lawyer and get him to sue the police for harrasment.  But as you say we dont know it all.

Er how does she know it is the Police as what as beeen banging on her door? Detectives, the ones who investigate complex matters like organised crime, trafficking and so on and so forth, usually wear civvies. If she peered through the spy hole on her door, and saw a uniformed constable, I suspect he was wanting to talk to her about something much more mundane.

If on the other hand the caller was wearing civvies, I wonder whether he was the landlord's gofer seeking to suggest that either she pays sharply increased rent in used twenties, in respect of the potential difficulty in what her trade or calling could put her delightful landlord, or that he would do his citizen duty and terminate her tenancy on grounds of "immoral conduct" as specified in her lease, which, surely, she read with care before signing? (See Tannahill v Rugby School!)

Police can call round for any one of several, quite unconnected reasons nothing to do with her committing a crime. 

Could be following up completely unrelated incident, say bicycle stolen from rack outside, car keyed, couple next door had an argument last Friday afternoon which ended up in a complaint being made, did you see anything?

Police can call round for any one of several, quite unconnected reasons nothing to do with her committing a crime. 

Could be following up completely unrelated incident, say bicycle stolen from rack outside, car keyed, couple next door had an argument last Friday afternoon which ended up in a complaint being made, did you see anything?

The police wouldnt even bother coming out for a stolen bycicle, they just give you a crime number over the phone. Been down that path several times with several rather expensive bicycles. The other two reasons would warrant one knock on the day they came out but nothing more unless the neighbour was severely battered.

I agree with the person who said to get a solicitor. Let them contact the police and find out whats what, they cant legally ignore correspondence from a legal representative. 

The police wouldnt even bother coming out for a stolen bycicle, they just give you a crime number over the phone. Been down that path several times with several rather expensive bicycles. The other two reasons would warrant one knock on the day they came out but nothing more unless the neighbour was severely battered.

I agree with the person who said to get a solicitor. Let them contact the police and find out whats what, they cant legally ignore correspondence from a legal representative. 

The police will not respond to a solicitor in this instance as what is the retainer between the client and solicitor, there is no head of claim and so the police will say we will not respond to third parties. I.e 'f**k off, it's none of your business'

It is virtually impossible for people on modest incomes to sue the police for harassment, the police have extensive powers available to them

The police are probably reading this thread and monitoring your internet activity now

The police are probably reading this thread and monitoring your internet activity now

You are into RIPA now! I don't think they need any sort of warrant to simply follow this thread, but to monitor e-mail or internet activity, they most certainly do. While, obviously, we don't know the whole story here, there is absolutely zilch* to suggest that either we, or the OP's lady friend are into the sort of stuff where the Home Secretary will authorise interception.

* Where does "zilch" come from? I think its a good word, but is it Yiddish, or what?

Id be amazed if the police actually would bother spending any money monitoring this site, they are not interested in the vice trade ,be it street walkers or higher end girls, and more to te point, neither are district judges!! 

Id be amazed if the police actually would bother spending any money monitoring this site, they are not interested in the vice trade ,be it street walkers or higher end girls, and more to te point, neither are district judges!! 

Really...the Vice departments arent interested in the vice trade lol. They have two coppers who arrives at every brothel door in MK once every 6 months to speak to the girls in private and check the ID's to ensure they are here legally and to make sure they are not being forced into anthing they dont want to do, they even check the cupboards to make sure there is noone tied up in there. I think they probably very much do monitor these sites although only within the departments relevent to us x

..., neither are district judges!! 

I'm assuming that the DJ to whom you refer is not the ex-County Court Registrar, but the ex-Stipe?

What do his interests matter? If a copper rings at 03.35hrs and says he wants a warrant, and can he come round, the DJ has no option, but to put his dressing gown on, and get out the bible, and hear the officer's story on oath, and then grant the warrant, or not, as he thinks appropriate?

Actually my impression is that most coppers who are in the business of getting warrants from time to time, have their favourite lay justice, who, from experience, they know will be both sober and compos mentis, as well as sleeping alone, when the bedside telephone rings, at some God awful hour.

Really...the Vice departments arent interested in the vice trade lol. They have two coppers who arrives at every brothel door in MK once every 6 months to speak to the girls in private and check the ID's to ensure they are here legally and to make sure they are not being forced into anthing they dont want to do, they even check the cupboards to make sure there is noone tied up in there. I think they probably very much do monitor these sites although only within the departments relevent to us x

Not all forces have a well manned vice department, and crucially sex crimes and trafficking etc are not KPI's for the police.It is not just vice girls who are poorly protected by the system, women in general are, ask Nigella Lawson!!

However, places like Milton Keynes, and Manchester's sandy supertars, i.e places long established and well known are obviously likely to be visted fairly regularly, but what makes me laugh is that such places are so well run that the police are wasting their time visiting those places.

I have never understood why high class sex establishments are not made legal and licensed. x

Right, apologies for being away a while

Irgendeiner* got it right when he asked how she could be sure it was the police given she hadn't opened the door. I asked this myself as I saw her on Friday for dinner. It transpires that she'd had a call from her landlord asking her if the police has been shortly after the person banging on her door so she has then put 2 & 2 together.

From talking to her it's any one of:

1) the police attending another incident at the flat next door (the landlord is as dodgy as hell and so are some of his tenants)

2) someone else in the block playing silly buggers. Pretty sure that some of the other tenants know full well what's going on, especially after the police turned up on the day of the original Supreme arrests

3) Twattery from the landlord. Apparently he has been well aware of what's been going on in this flat from the day it was let and was happy to sit back and take the cash right up until the point that the boys in blue paid him a visit in connection with Supreme. I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to scare her off

4) a regular who recently turned mental. Read the stories in the main boards and extrapolate, it's so predictable it's boring (not for her, obviously)

Unlikely she'll ever find out which it is. There's a bit more but in light of possibility 4 it's not going on the forum.

And, finally, are the police monitoring this site? I suspect not but even if they were I couldn't give a toss; I conduct my punting in a way so as to avoid anything illegal as best I can. I certainly wouldn't write anything here that I wouldn't be prepared to defend in court. I reckon many (most?) of my fellow pnetters behave similarly.

*my autocorrect REALLY wants this to be "urge denier"

Id be amazed if the police actually would bother spending any money monitoring this site.....

So would I. The last time that I looked the site was free, and it's always been free.

Of course the police (including SCD9) look at the site. They'll print off FR's and use them in interviews. They're pretty much inadmissible as evidence in court without the author but that doesn't stop the police asking about them.

........ they are not interested in the vice trade ,be it street walkers or higher end girls......

Read through the Legalities and Legislation section (ie. this one). You'll find numerous examples of brothels being raided. Where I live they're fairly tolerant of brothels but the local Magistrates court has special sittings for kerbcrawlers, and the streetgirls appear before the bench with regular monotony. In the more rural areas within my force area a brothel would be shut down before it's even opened.

The police will not respond to a solicitor in this instance as what is the retainer between the client and solicitor, there is no head of claim and so the police will say we will not respond to third parties......

Nonsense. They might not respond, but not for the reason that you've given. They might be too busy or not bothered, but it's nothing to do with the relationship between a solicitor and his/her client.