Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holly Maddison

Come On Own Up.. Which One Of You Was It?

7 posts in this topic

Abbie put this in our forum, didn't half make me giggle so thought I'd bring it over here.

We have never been more aware of our consumer rights, and the fact that when we part with our cash we should expect a certain standard of service. However, one man has taken asserting his consumer rights to a bizarre level: calling 999 to complain that a prostitute wasn't as pretty as she had claimed to be.

So what happened, and is this the only man who thinks 999 is a customer service number?

Rights
West Midlands Police said that they were contacted by a man at 7.30pm on Tuesday night saying he wanted to report the prostitute for breaching the Sale of Goods Act, by misrepresenting herself in a newspaper advert. The act in question specifies that goods must match the seller's description.

Sergeant Jerome Moran at Solihull police station called the man back. He said: "It was unbelievable; he genuinely believed he had done nothing wrong and that the woman should have been investigated by police for misrepresentation. I told him that she'd not committed any offences and that it was his actions, in soliciting for sex, that were in fact illegal. Unhappy with the response, he then insisted on coming down to the police station to debate the matter! Although he refused to give me his details following our conversation, I was able to identify him and have since sent him a letter warning him about his actions."

modify_inline.gif

There's a lot of knob-ends out there...smh.

Humour aspect aside- while perhaps that moron could be charged with wasting police time (or perhaps being a quarterwit!), I'm curious as to how Plod determined that 'soliciting for sex was illegal' . (Unless he picked her up at a kerb...but the details suggest otherwise) ?!?

This is I believe the third thread I have seen on here about this! 

Humour aspect aside- while perhaps that moron could be charged with wasting police time (or perhaps being a quarterwit!), I'm curious as to how Plod determined that 'soliciting for sex was illegal' . (Unless he picked her up at a kerb...but the details suggest otherwise) ?!?

I suspect that we're not been given the whole details about this scenario - just the headline plus quote.

What is more alarming for me is this part of the quote from the copper

Sergeant Jerome Moran at Solihull police station called the man back. " Although he refused to give me his details following our conversation, I was able to identify him and have since sent him a letter warning him about his actions."

Did the guy really leave his phone number with the police, or did they just do a last number redial and from there checked his details on the police computer?

I suspect that we're not been given the whole details about this scenario - just the headline plus quote.

What is more alarming for me is this part of the quote from the copper

Did the guy really leave his phone number with the police, or did they just do a last number redial and from there checked his details on the police computer?

Perhaps the police just asked the NSA to pop his details over.

About getting the mans details, I was told some Time ago that mobiles can be tracked, with the right equipment they know where phones are and if you follow it so to speak, you will be able, I would imagine, to follow it home, once you've got the home you've probably got the Man?

I think the police can probably just contact the provider of your mobile network and demand the identity of the user anyway, probably got to get some sort of authorisation but, that would be easy for the Police.

We live in a big brother society don't forget and the police are just lackies to a snooping, lying, cheating Government - not that I'm bitter or anything :)