Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coventrypunter

Weightwatchers Activity Points

42 posts in this topic

Need to lose a few stone

so keeping a rough count of WW points i eat, Not fucking paying the bastards tho!

But you can eat more points if you do activity.

So any idea how many activity points I can log for a half hour punt today?  (Standing doggy then mish)

WW don't list points for sex.

Half an hour of sex burns about 80 calories (if memory serves) and one WW point is roughly 70 calories, so assuming you're not going to be shagging for thirty minutes solid I'd probably not bother unless you plan to run there and back too :). You have to do a hell of a lot of exercise to even burn one pound of fat so a quickie punt with maybe 15-20 minutes of actual sex won't amount to much, sadly.

Half an hour of sex burns about 80 calories (if memory serves) and one WW point is roughly 70 calories, so assuming you're not going to be shagging for thirty minutes solid I'd probably not bother unless you plan to run there and back too :). You have to do a hell of a lot of exercise to even burn one pound of fat so a quickie punt with maybe 15-20 minutes of actual sex won't amount to much, sadly.

But you, Amy are a jammy cow cos you are female and a WG, so get several goes each day, which is clearly unfair!

:)

Edited by Coventrypunter

You have to do a hell of a lot of exercise to even burn one pound of fat so a quickie punt with maybe 15-20 minutes of actual sex won't amount to much, sadly.

And with this comment.....I have finally lost the will to live :mellow:

But you, Amy are a jammy cow cos you are female and a WG, so get several goes each day, which is clearly unfair!

:)

It amounts to nowt though, in terms of what you eat when you've spent three weeks of one month living and working in hotels. One morning session at the breakfast buffet alone would do in two days worth of WW points, and when you think that running steadily on a treadmill for half an hour barely burns up as many calories as there are in a bag of crisps then you realise that a bit of pretty unremarkable shaggin does precisely feck all. That said, there's a multitude of ways to practise your yoga and Pilates if you get bored (cat and cow posture in doggy, leg lifts in mish, and so forth) which are all very good for the core :).

And with this comment.....I have finally lost the will to live :mellow:

Nah. Just try to move about a bit now and again and don't eat battered lard ^_^.

Nah. Just try to move about a bit now and again and don't eat battered lard ^_^.

You've just upset a whole nation of Scottish diners

:lol:

I'm half way there already...I don't eat battered lard :D

It amounts to nowt though, in terms of what you eat when you've spent three weeks of one month living and working in hotels. One morning session at the breakfast buffet alone would do in two days worth of WW points, and when you think that running steadily on a treadmill for half an hour barely burns up as many calories as there are in a bag of crisps then you realise that a bit of pretty unremarkable shaggin does precisely feck all. That said, there's a multitude of ways to practise your yoga and Pilates if you get bored (cat and cow posture in doggy, leg lifts in mish, and so forth) which are all very good for the core :).

still getting the bonking tho  :)

It's a very old myth that sex is a good form of exercise, or burns significant calories. If you consider your body expends approximately 50kcals per hour just to exist then you are better off mowing the lawn or going for a walk, latter of which burns appoximately 100kcals per 1 mile covered but if you saunter along then you won't be much above basal rate.

It's a very old myth that sex is a good form of exercise, or burns significant calories. If you consider your body expends approximately 50kcals per hour just to exist then you are better off mowing the lawn or going for a walk, latter of which burns appoximately 100kcals per 1 mile covered but if you saunter along then you won't be much above basal rate.

OK, I'll give up sex then. No point if there are no calories used!

OK, I'll give up sex then. No point if there are no calories used!

I didn't say there weren't any other benefits, and some calories are expended but they aren't significant especially when you think you need to be in energy deficit by around 3500kcals less than your body requires in order to lose one pound!

Sex gives you a feeling of well-being and reduces stress, so you may use less food for comfort? I don't agree with the low-fat, eat carbs approach, by the way. If I was you, I would look into more up to date dietary advice and make changes you can stick to rather than trying to 'diet'. I don't know how fat you are but if you are obese and very unfit, I would recommend starting with walking at least 15 min EVERY day and not using escalators or lifts any more. Every time you have to lug your weight up a flight of stairs, you'll be reminded of why you need to lose weight. Plus you will see improvements pretty quick.

Essentially it doesn't matter what you do as long as it is consistent, regular and long term. Quick fixes do more damage than good.

Sex gives you a feeling of well-being and reduces stress, so you may use less food for comfort? I don't agree with the low-fat, eat carbs approach, by the way. If I was you, I would look into more up to date dietary advice and make changes you can stick to rather than trying to 'diet'. I don't know how fat you are but if you are obese and very unfit, I would recommend starting with walking at least 15 min EVERY day and not using escalators or lifts any more. Every time you have to lug your weight up a flight of stairs, you'll be reminded of why you need to lose weight. Plus you will see improvements pretty quick.

Essentially it doesn't matter what you do as long as it is consistent, regular and long term. Quick fixes do more damage than good.

6'6" and 19st. That gives a BMI that puts me as obese.  tables say I should be 15st. 

But WG's I have mentioned this to say I dont look very overweight.  Bit of a belly but not serious.  I'm quite a big chap, always have been.

deffo felt better when i was 17.5 st, but then shit hit the fan in personal life and i piled it on again.

suspect keeping away from pizza, cake and tiramasu may help.

didnt have a post punt cake yesterday, which i am gonna be righteous about :)

edit : exercise makes natural statins that break down fat in your veins, and suppresses appetite. So may be beneficial apart from burming calories.  But sex gives me the munchies..

Edited by Coventrypunter

6'6" and 19st. That gives a BMI that puts me as obese.  tables say I should be 15st. 

But WG's I have mentioned this to say I dont look very overweight.  Bit of a belly but not serious.  I'm quite a big chap, always have been.

deffo felt better when i was 17.5 st, but then shit hit the fan in personal life and i piled it on again.

edit : exercise makes natural statins that break down fat in your veins, and suppresses appetite. So may be beneficial apart from burming calories.  But sex gives me the munchies..

Tables are rubbish and are there just so the Docs can point to something, it's only a rough guide and my BMI is actually quite high for my actual size. What does matter is your overall fitness and how much of that weight is fat - a skinny person with a lot of fat(which can be internal) can actually be 'light' for their height and have a low to normal BMI, thus lulling them into a false sense of well being and general "I'm ok it doesn't matter".

Trouble is as a society we have made 'treating' outselves a habit. Cakes, pizza, crisps, chocolates, desserts, sugary drinks(which includes the orange juice so many consume every morning) are a 'treat', not an every day food. Cutting these things out usually results in weight loss for most overfat people - so long as they don't then gorge on other things instead!

This treating business annoys me too, a pizza is not a treat, it's junk food. I eat pizza too but not as a 'treat' but because I fancy a slice, however, the way I feel after eating it reminds me if why it's junk. Now veg fresh from the market, local lamb, a nice glass of wine - THAT is a treat but I only eat good food anyway.

In other news - you know who gets food treats? My Jack Russell. Treats are for dogs.

Looks like the original poster will have to find some other reason to continue with the whole sex thing then.

Cut down on some food but do some walking (about 10 minutes a day) as already mentioned. However more important do some free weights. Get yourself some dumbbells because cardio will destroy muscle. You need muscle to burn energy so a mixture of cardio and weights.

Weight watchers scheme couldn't cope with me, the group thought it strange I enjoyed exercise and I easily exceeded the maximum you were 'allowed' to do. In fact if anything I'd have been cutting back to adhere to their 'guidelines'. I really wasn't doing that much on the grand scheme of things, only standard club runner stuff.

Edited by Strawberry

Weight watchers scheme couldn't cope with me, the group thought it strange I enjoyed exercise and I easily exceeded the maximum you were 'allowed' to do. In fact if anything I'd have been cutting back to adhere to their 'guidelines'. I really wasn't doing that much on the grand scheme of things, only standard club runner stuff.

I think they are geared to the lard arse couch potato market, and for them they get some decent weight loss. 

I dont think you have ever been a lard arse couch potato, Ruth!

I think they are geared to the lard arse couch potato market, and for them they get some decent weight loss. 

I dont think you have ever been a lard arse couch potato, Ruth!

I have been on occasion, I got quite big and unfit a few years back, three times in fact. I do know a thing or two about weight loss. ;), but was lucky it didn't have any lasting effects and will not let myself yo-yo again(I'm at the age were it would start having an affect). Losing weight isn't necessarily the hardest thing, it's maintaining the loss and that's where fad diet products and diet clubs make some of their money(ie people put the weight back on, and rejoin or try the next wonder club for more of the same).

Cut down on some food but do some walking (about 10 minutes a day) as already mentioned. However more important do some free weights. Get yourself some dumbbells because cardio will destroy muscle. You need muscle to burn energy so a mixture of cardio and weights.

This. In fact, if you 'don't have time' to exercise, I would favour weight training over cardio, provided you put in enough effort to get out of breath. From the OP's a little desperate sounding search for 'points' I assumed he was really unfit/inactive, then I would walk first. Also, what you eat matters most. No amount of exercise can combat bad eating unless you are a male in his teens/early twenties. If it says 'diet', 'low fat', 'contains one of your five a day', has sugar as one of the first five ingredients, contains artificial sweeteners/corn starch/HFS/trans fats/chemical conservatives/thickeners or is full of salt or, worse, monosodium glutamate - don't eat it, it's not real food. Drinking calories is for those who don't need to lose weight, unless you are drinking green smoothies or, very occasionally, a sweet, HOMEMADE smoothie. Try and keep your insulin levels stable, drink lots of water or unsweetened herbal tea.

This. In fact, if you 'don't have time' to exercise, I would favour weight training over cardio, provided you put in enough effort to get out of breath. From the OP's a little desperate sounding search for 'points' I assumed he was really unfit/inactive, then I would walk first. Also, what you eat matters most. No amount of exercise can combat bad eating unless you are a male in his teens/early twenties. If it says 'diet', 'low fat', 'contains one of your five a day', has sugar as one of the first five ingredients, contains artificial sweeteners/corn starch/HFS/trans fats/chemical conservatives/thickeners or is full of salt or, worse, monosodium glutamate - don't eat it, it's not real food. Drinking calories is for those who don't need to lose weight, unless you are drinking green smoothies or, very occasionally, a sweet, HOMEMADE smoothie. Try and keep your insulin levels stable, drink lots of water or unsweetened herbal tea.

My OP was a little tongue in cheek, but also 'going for a walk' is one of my punting alibis.  So I need to record points for the time i was supposed to be walking but was actually doing something different!!!! I wondered how much I was in fact 'cheating'

We eat proper food, meat from a butcher who sells local meat. Just had a turkey breast, new potatoes and salad, and home made rice pudding for pudding. 

My OP was a little tongue in cheek, but also 'going for a walk' is one of my punting alibis.  So I need to record points for the time i was supposed to be walking but was actually doing something different!!!! I wondered how much I was in fact 'cheating'

We eat proper food, meat from a butcher who sells local meat. Just had a turkey breast, new potatoes and salad, and home made rice pudding for pudding. 

Proper food is good, but it's also the quantities - and how you prepare and serve as well as the remainder of your food for the day. Most people eat too many potatoes, not enough meat or salad then drown it in butter or sauces.  Homemade rice pudding sounds good but large portion of full fat milk,

white pudding rice (quick release carb), possibly sweetened with sugar and it's suddenly not so 'healthy'. Some people make it with butter and serve with cream, which is yummy but not an every day dish!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/homemade-rice-pudding-semi-skim-milk-rice-sugar-butter-2824176

I had a friend who would tell me "I buy fresh, organic, locally sourced foods which I prepare at home", but couldn't understand why he was overweight(some of the old 'genetics' reasons were being suggested). Truth was the quantities were out of control, a load of 'healthy' olive oil was being drizzled over and a packet of biscuits was being chomped through each day. Add to that a meal in a cup cappucinnos and a cake a couple of times a week and that's what keeps the weight on. 

Punternet is a wealth of health information today :D

Edited by Strawberry

Proper food is good, but it's also the quantities - and how you prepare and serve as well as the remainder of your food for the day. Most people eat too many potatoes, not enough meat or salad then drown it in butter or sauces.  Homemade rice pudding sounds good but large portion of full fat milk,

white pudding rice (quick release carb), possibly sweetened with sugar and it's suddenly not so 'healthy'. Some people make it with butter and serve with cream, which is yummy but not an every day dish!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/homemade-rice-pudding-semi-skim-milk-rice-sugar-butter-2824176

I had a friend who would tell me "I buy fresh, organic, locally sourced foods which I prepare at home", but couldn't understand why he was overweight(some of the old 'genetics' reasons were being suggested). Truth was the quantities were out of control, a load of 'healthy' olive oil was being drizzled over and a packet of biscuits was being chomped through each day. Add to that a meal in a cup cappucinnos and a cake a couple of times a week and that's what keeps the weight on. 

Punternet is a wealth of health information today :D

Mrs CP did this first and weighed portions.  We found that guessing how much to prepare by guesswork meant too much was made, then it gets eaten. 

We found that guessing how much to prepare by guesswork meant too much was made, then it gets eaten.

Ahh portion control, my biggest weakness.....if there's food there I eat it. And then wonder why I can't get my 34" waist back! :o