Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Somekindagirl

What Would You Do?

30 posts in this topic

First off, thanks for reading, my first starter thread here and thought long and hard to posting but have been troubled by something,deeply troubled.

This thread is for both Men and Women,all.

Last week one of my best friends who works in a specific sector happened due to work to visit a hotel in a well known part of London,they along with their colleague were greeted by the owner,and they went upstairs to the hotel rooms.

The owner of the hotel opened the first door and they both went inside,it was empty, they looked around,they spoke, they exited.

A minute or two later my friend and his colleague were shown into another hotel room on this landing, well..according  to my friend,in this room were two girls, one was sat on the bed, one was near to the window,they said when they walked in,both girls literally jumped, and they knew straight away something was off in this room,jumping is not proof, but they said, the sheer terror on the girls faces told them something was off.

Both girls were EE.

Before I carry on, upon entering this hotel, my friend noticed,not right at the foot of the stairs, but right next to the stairs sat a man who they say was a "stereotypical meat head EE guy(sorry, not my words) who was not as one would think, sitting facing the hotel exit wishing to watch others leave, he was facing the stairs to the landing as if he was  sitting to stop someone/.s leaving the actual hotel.

Back to the room, my friend made eye contact with one of the girls, and they are not an alarmist, but they say, when they walked in with their pal and owner, the look on the girls faces was something that reminded him off photos they have seen linked to WW2 where by Jews sat and awaited their fate,the girls according to them had expressions of fear they have never seen in their life before,it bothers me to even write this but I have too!

We spoke last week at length, my friend was and is very shaken up, they just knew, in their gut that the man at the stairs facing the stairs and not the door as most door/security men would was there to most likely keep someone/s leaving the building, and the girls were being held in this hotel for undesirable illegal reasons!

My friend works in real estate,buying and selling, this is all I will say about them, and they often have to check out not just private homes, but also commercial buildings.

I texted them last week, they rang back sounding very down, I was straight away concerned, they told me what they had seen in this room and that they had to do something about this, so they called crime stoppers,I support them all the way.

My question is, would you, man or woman, if you sensed/saw/heard something, anything that caused your gut to flip over in panic(our guts are very often our truest guides) report to an out side agency if you seriously felt/thought another was in harms way?

This could be anything, but to keep it on point, in regards to sex work.

In regards of this hotel, the Samaritans have also been contacted as they too help alongside with the police and other agencies the victims of  human trafficking and the support they will need upon safety!!

I have read threads here, but not so much here, elsewhere! whereby, the most awful insidious things are said about girls who(not all but a significant percentage) are most likely being abused...just because the girl smiles and nods her head like a rocking horse does not make her agreeable, check for other signs is my words here.

My friend  is one of life's true angels, they were told not to give their full details by the police themselves as ..well..EE crime gangs(this is not a myth) can get very nasty if anything does go to court.

Girls who choose to work even if spurned on by fiscal difficulties have still made this choice, to not be given a choice and lied to is something else altogether.

My friend dare not tell me the hotel name, but even if I knew, I would not storm over in my Hunter boots ready to kick ASS!! as  from information sourced, many girls on this landing who are being sold to the lowest bidder for their fun and sex,this hotel will be raided soon, but the police have told my friend that  it is very very difficult to gain convictions against the gangs who pimp and abuse girls, so the best that will happen is that these particular girls will be given a chance to leave the hotel and put into hiding,as long as they are safe, this is all that matters, and for the in denial people(mainly men) who deny such slavery is taking place in this land of opportunity, think again..please!

I feel incredibly sad about what my friend has told me,they have said the look in the girls eyes when they first walked into their hotel room will stay with them,the girls in their opinion were awaiting something/one not cool and already on the way to being broken.

Most of we girls and boys;-) choose to have fun,enjoy all we meet, well...the odd one may slip through, that aside, by and large, we enjoy our life style, and adore making others happy, but to be forced, through subtle or overt force is something else.

I know many here and elsewhere will rubbish my words here, well...my friend would not call crime stoppers on a whim and offer to give their name/address due to viewing what they sense are trafficked girls in a hotel room in a central part of London.

What would you do?

Edited by Somekindagirl

If I ever encountered what you describe and thought someone was being coerced then I'd do the same as your friend without hesitation.

First off, thanks for reading, my first starter thread here and thought long and hard to posting but have been troubled by something,deeply troubled.

Last week one of my best friends who works in a specific sector happened due to work to visit a hotel in a well known part of London,they along with their colleague were greeted by the owner,and they went upstairs to the hotel rooms.

The owner of the hotel opened the first door and they both went inside,it was empty, they looked around,they spoke, they exited.

A minute or two later my friend and his colleague were shown into another hotel room on this landing, well..according  to my friend,in this room were two girls, one was sat on the bed, one was near to the window,they said when they walked in,both girls literally jumped, and they knew straight away something was off in this room,jumping is not proof, but they said, the sheer terror on the girls faces told them something was off.

Both girls were EE.

Before I carry on, upon entering this hotel, my friend noticed,not right at the foot of the stairs, but right next to the stairs sat a man who they say was a "stereotypical meat head EE guy(sorry, not my words) who was not as one would think, sitting facing the hotel exit wishing to watch others leave, he was facing the stairs to the landing as if he was  sitting to stop someone/.s leaving the actual hotel.

Back to the room, my friend made eye contact with one of the girls, and they are not an alarmist, but they say, when they walked in with their pal and owner, the look on the girls faces was something that reminded him off photos they have seen linked to WW2 where by Jews sat and awaited their fate,the girls according to them had expressions of fear they have never seen in their life before,it bothers me to even write this but I have too!

We spoke last week at length, my friend was and is very shaken up, they just knew, in their gut that the man at the stairs facing the stairs and not the door as most door/security men would was there to most likely keep someone/s leaving the building, and the girls were being held in this hotel for undesirable illegal reasons!

My friend works in real estate,buying and selling, this is all I will say about them, and they often have to check out not just private homes, but also commercial buildings.

I texted them last week, they rang back sounding very down, I was straight away concerned, they told me what they had seen in this room and that they had to do something about this, so they called crime stoppers,I support them all the way.

My question is, would you, man or woman, if you sensed/saw/heard something, anything that caused your gut to flip over in panic(our guts are very often our truest guides) report to an out side agency if you seriously felt/thought another was in harms way?

In regards of this hotel, the Samaritans have also been contacted as they too help alongside with the police and other agencies the victims of  human trafficking and the support they will need upon safety!!

I have read threads here, but not so much here, elsewhere! whereby, the most awful insidious things are said about girls who(not all but a significant percentage) are most likely being abused...just because the girl smiles and nods her head like a rocking horse does not make her agreeable, check for other signs is my words here.

My friend  is one of life's true angels, they were told not to give their full details by the police themselves as ..well..EE crime gangs(this is not a myth) can get very nasty if anything does go to court.

Girls who choose to work even if spurned on by fiscal difficulties have still made this choice, to not be given a choice and lied to is something else altogether.

My friend dare not tell me the hotel name, but even if I knew, I would not storm over in my Hunter boots ready to kick ASS!! as  from information sourced, many girls on this landing who are being sold to the lowest bidder for their fun and sex,this hotel will be raided soon, but the police have told my friend that  it is very very difficult to gain convictions against the gangs who pimp and abuse girls, so the best that will happen is that these particular girls will be given a chance to leave the hotel and put into hiding,as long as they are safe, this is all that matters, and for the in denial people(mainly men) who deny such slavery is taking place in this land of opportunity, think again..please!

I feel incredibly sad about what my friend has told me,they have said the look in the girls eyes when they first walked into their hotel room will stay with them,the girls in their opinion were awaiting something/one not cool and already on the way to being broken.

Most of we girls and boys;-) choose to have fun,enjoy all we meet, well...the odd one may slip through, that aside, by and large, we enjoy our life style, and adore making others happy, but to be forced, through subtle or overt force is something else.

I know many here and elsewhere will rubbish my words here, well...my friend would not call crime stoppers on a whim and offer to give their name/address due to viewing what they sense are trafficked girls in a hotel room in a central part of London.

What would you do?

have taken photos of the girls and the guy.

Thanks for posting this.  I would have called the plice without hesitation and said I thought they were being held prisoner in that room.  I would have taken photos of the girls and the guy (if I could)

Edited by Sarah Summers

What an awful situation and I'm so glad your friends did the right thing, many don't.  I also applaud your comments with regards to a nodding heads not meaning consent. 

It sounds from the description that these girls haven't been around long as they don't sound conditioned.  The girls that my friends and I got out some time back were well and truly conditioned, there was no way just by looking at them that you would know they were here against their will, every single time a man walked into the room the smile these beautiful girls gave were dazzling.  Lets hope the police move quickly and get them out.

Somekindagirl your friend did exactly the right thing to phone it in. And it's very good that you posted here. Gut instincts are seldom wrong. No-one's expected to take on gangsters themselves, that would be crazy, but phoning Crimestoppers anonymously from a call box anyone should be able to do.

Both girls were EE.

What would you do?

If i believed a woman or women were working against their will either by them telling me which has never happened or i thought so i would ring Crimestoppers anonymously and follow this up with an anonymous call to the police as well, both calls from a phone box. I would then hope the police would act immediately.

I would have to be sure in my own mind. Very sadly even if the police rescue such a woman or women that might not be the end of their problems as evil scum might continue to pursue them. The woman or women could get deported rather than be offered shelter here and go straight back into the hands of the scum. If on a Bond the evil person owning the Bond, whether it was voluntarily agreed to or not might pursue the woman or women. However, as a punter i can only use my best judgement and cant pre-guess what the consequences might be, i would just want them helped.

This goes to show that there is a dark and murky world out there amid the sunshine and happiness.

Sad tale. Assume it would be automatic for practically anybody to call Crimestoppers.

The more difficult question is whether or not to divulge one's own true identity. (Have to admit to being amazed that OP's friends were specifically told not to by police themselves. That is not consistent with my own experience of police behaviour!) 

Sad tale. Assume it would be automatic for practically anybody to call Crimestoppers.

The more difficult question is whether or not to divulge one's own true identity. (Have to admit to being amazed that OP's friends were specifically told not to by police themselves. That is not consistent with my own experience of police behaviour!) 

Not difficult in the slightest for me, i dont trust the police or indeed Crimestoppers enough to give my name.

Agree with the commendations given above about the actions of the friends.

Just puzzled about the owner - is he deliberately letting outsiders see the girls in the hope that someone other than him tells the authorities or what?

The need for such owners/managers to play their part in helping these people is urgent as they would see so many more than the average man/woman off the street.

Not difficult in the slightest for me, i dont trust the police or indeed Crimestoppers enough to give my name.

That would be my decision as well. But, unlike the OP's, friends I am not one of life's angels.

Bur... if I was daft enough to offer my name and address... as I put earlier I'd be amazed if I was told "Don't do that, it could be bad for you". (Not the way the police operate in my experience. All the ones I've come across are more focussed on increasing chances of a "result" than worrying about what might potentially happen to witnesses.)

Edited by jackdaw

I'm not knocking you here but am a little puzzled at this response.  The OP's friend wasn't seeing these ladies in a punting context so what would be the problem with giving a name?

I'm not knocking you here but am a little puzzled at this response.  The OP's friend wasn't seeing these ladies in a punting context so what would be the problem with giving a name?

I was speaking generally, as regards punting, i.e. i would never willingly give the police my name in connection to a punting matter as i dont trust them enough. What the OPs friend did is their business of course.

I am speaking from the viewpoint of someone who was stopped and searched by the police who when i complained about having being ruffed up by them all the officers involved denied the incident had ever happened in the first place. The independent witness i had soon had them admitting to being liars one by one though. So i now have a deep suspicion of the police, accepting of course they were rotten individuals not necessarily repesentative of the police as a whole.

Crimestoppers specifically request informants not to reveal their identity. Crimestoppers do not want informants to give them any information that would enable the perpetrators to identify that person as the informant. You would be asked "are you the only person in possesssion of this information? If so then the third party would probably be able to identify you. We would rather not have the information than put you at risk". You can even e-mail Crimestoppers and your e-mail address does not come up.

Another point to bear in mind is that Crimestoppers is not a section of the police force and is funded seperately. Partly by government grant and partly by donations from the public.

I was speaking generally, as regards punting, i.e. i would never willingly give the police my name in connection to a punting matter as i dont trust them enough. What the OPs friend did is their business of course.

I am speaking from the viewpoint of someone who was stopped and searched by the police who when i complained about having being ruffed up by them all the officers involved denied the incident had ever happened in the first place. The independent witness i had soon had them admitting to being liars one by one though. So i now have a deep suspicion of the police, accepting of course they were rotten individuals not necessarily repesentative of the police as a whole.

Ok thanks Smiths, get it if your talking from a punting prospective and agree with you on that one.  It's a shame that the police make men feel like that though, because I'm guessing your far from alone with this mindset and that certainly doesn't help girls in this situation. 

Ok thanks Smiths, get it if your talking from a punting prospective and agree with you on that one.  It's a shame that the police make men feel like that though, because I'm guessing your far from alone with this mindset and that certainly doesn't help girls in this situation. 

It will get far far worse if Harriet Harridan gets back in to pursue her agenda.

Crimestoppers specifically request informants not to reveal their identity. Crimestoppers do not want informants to give them any information that would enable the perpetrators to identify that person as the informant. You would be asked "are you the only person in possesssion of this information? If so then the third party would probably be able to identify you. We would rather not have the information than put you at risk". You can even e-mail Crimestoppers and your e-mail address does not come up.

Another point to bear in mind is that Crimestoppers is not a section of the police force and is funded seperately. Partly by government grant and partly by donations from the public.

Thank you for your reply,I know some may wonder as to why Crimestoppers asked to not be given full name/address, but if this ever went to court, my friend could be in danger, also my friend was in work mode at this hotel,so to give full details could cause issues at work, whereby ,they would forever be known as the person who rang crime stoppers, the facts of why(to try and help others) not being taken into consideration, this would have knock on effect on trust with clients,etc.

That would be my decision as well. But, unlike the OP's, friends I am not one of life's angels.

Bur... if I was daft enough to offer my name and address... as I put earlier I'd be amazed if I was told "Don't do that, it could be bad for you". (Not the way the police operate in my experience. All the ones I've come across are more focussed on increasing chances of a "result" than worrying about what might potentially happen to witnesses.

Hi, and thank you for your reply.

Gibbs has explained it better than I could have.

Crime Stoppers do not generally need names/addresses, they pass on details to relevant police force.

I can understand your point here, if you have been mistreated by any org, and prevented from speaking the truth, it can have a knock on effect as to how you view org in future.

I do think, most, for whatever reason would rather not have any dealings with Crime Stoppers/Police/etc,thank you for your reply.

Thanks for posting this.  I would have called the plice without hesitation and said I thought they were being held prisoner in that room.  I would have taken photos of the girls and the guy (if I could)

Evening, I was not sure if I should post as not exactly a happy situation but felt I had too,in general punting is fun,but there is another darker side to it.

From what my friend tells me,it happened all so quick, what he saw, processing it all that he was in a daze.

When we spoke last week on the phone he was in the process of  debating if to call Crime Stoppers.

I can honestly say, if I had of seen what they had seen,I would be very shaken but know in my gut I have to do something to try and help these girls.

Thanks for your reply.

Agree with the commendations given above about the actions of the friends.

Just puzzled about the owner - is he deliberately letting outsiders see the girls in the hope that someone other than him tells the authorities or what?

The need for such owners/managers to play their part in helping these people is urgent as they would see so many more than the average man/woman off the street.

I agree with your comments, I asked my friend about this.

He said he knows the family who own the hotel and they are "a nice bunch and most likely do not know",I replied that I think someone in that family does know, and for whatever reason they have not actively spoken up.

I also think there was an unspoken belief that my friend would check out the building, and just leave, regardless of what was observed, I too have wondered about the hotels involvement.

This goes to show that there is a dark and murky world out there amid the sunshine and happiness.

Yes there is.

I know there is only so much anyone can do to help others, but this has really made me think.

What an awful situation and I'm so glad your friends did the right thing, many don't.  I also applaud your comments with regards to a nodding heads not meaning consent. 

It sounds from the description that these girls haven't been around long as they don't sound conditioned.  The girls that my friends and I got out some time back were well and truly conditioned, there was no way just by looking at them that you would know they were here against their will, every single time a man walked into the room the smile these beautiful girls gave were dazzling.  Lets hope the police move quickly and get them out.

Evening,my friend said the same thing, they have punted, not green behind the ears, but they said something about the girls made them think they have not been in this country for very long and that what they had walked into was the start of the conditioning.

Does not bare thinking about.

Thank you to everyone for reading and commenting, I feel quite upset about it,I think,sometimes you can get lost in how great punting has been for you, then you see/or hear about the complete opposite.

The girls concerned could be 21 or 51, it is still awful what is taking place, I asked my friend if he thought the girls were legal(16 or over,I know different rules apply to sex work,18), he replied, "just about".

Unfortunately, this type of crime is taking place right now in many hotels/private houses all over Great Britain, and while there are many well meaning orgs, there is only so much they can do, it is a problem that will not go away,but if only one hotel/house can be raided, that is a few less girls in harms way, Smiths makes a valid point on what if the girls are not helped but deported back and still face danger,however, it is a risk that has to be taken in my honest opinion.

The Salvation Army do a lot of good work along side various charities/police,so helping the girls to settle and recover would be most likely as opposed to deporting them,I am sure a percentage deported may end up back in the grip of a predatory gang and so the cycle begins again.

Friend has been informed *action has been taken* by Crime Stoppers, but would not give him any more information.

A shocking discovery but one that I think is all too common. I will never see any EE girls for this very reason. A lot of the girls on AW appear to be EE these days. You can usually tell from their profile - poorly spelt or gramatically incorrect English for example. Sometimes just s slavic look in the photos