Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
janus17

Utter rubbish from Bel Mooney in the Mail...

8 posts in this topic

Her husband Jonathan Dimbleby famously walked out on her to have an affair with an opera singer, so we can discount her opinions as those of a fully paid-up man-hater.

I read one article by Bel Mooney that I thought contained a lot of sense...in 1996 I think it was. I've always thought though, there are so many more interesting things she could do with a mouth like hers! :D

Hi all,

You simply HAVE to read this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1228426/BEL-MOONEY-How-clever-woman-stupidly-naive-sleazy-world.html

Won't take up space here with my epic rant, but my spleen has been suitably vented here this morning:

http://www.nutterwatch.net/mfforum/default.asp?ID=1301

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!:D

read that this afternoon - complete nutter. People like Bel have been saying with authority that people are sucked into prostitution due to the 'belle de jour fantasy' and that it's all bollocks and she doesn't exist.......now we know she does exist and is clearly a very attractive and intelligent woman who isn't on drugs and has never been raped and made a fu*king mint from it, and they're on the defensive. Asserting with the same authority that she's naive and doesn't know the truth even though she's the one with first hand experience and has said herself that other girls hated it. She regurgitates evidence from an abused underage girl she's heard about, whilst refusing to accept the evidence from the happy hooker with a Phd. The self delusion and almost religious faith-based way she keeps insisting prostitution is evil and no woman enjoys it or wants to be there at all, is slightly bemusing. Then she trots out the guff on clause 13 which she clearly knows is now clause 14 but doesn't seem to know that "controlled for gain" has been replaced by "forced, coerced etc."

It was standard stuff from her wasn't it.

Almost as if they commissioned it to get back on the party line after last week's article in there questioning Harman and the trafficing evidence.

By the end of the article I was half expecting to read that the good Dr is personally responsible for global warming, the war in Afghanistan and the recession. This article is nothing more than a poison pen letter written by an embittered journalist who was getting more hysterical by her own rant.

My own observation is that it is the British Press have helped to steadily build up the mystique of Belle. They have relentlessly chased after Belle De Jour to trace her identity. Now that they have found out who she is they will try to knock her down using family values or some other moral standpoint to justify their scribbling. Although, I suspect that one of the red tops will offer her a massive sum of money to serialise her life and experiences.

This has become one very large hypocritical exercise.

The Mail is sour 'cos BdJ killed their scoop of identifying her by going to the Sunday Times before they were ready to publish. The article is pure sour grapes.