Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maxi

Hpv Genital Warts Vaccination For Men

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was wondering if any guys here have had the HPV jag administered on them? I was considering getting it because HPV (along with herpes) is the only STD I need to realistically worry about whilst punting due to skin/skin contact. It seems to be quite expensive but I reckon it would be money well spent.

If it is effective and there isn't any bad side effects. I heard from some articles that gardasil can cause muscle weakness. Any experiences or advice would be much obliged!

Hi all,

I was wondering if any guys here have had the HPV jag administered on them? I was considering getting it because HPV (along with herpes) is the only STD I need to realistically worry about whilst punting due to skin/skin contact. It seems to be quite expensive but I reckon it would be money well spent.

If it is effective and there isn't any bad side effects. I heard from some articles that gardasil can cause muscle weakness. Any experiences or advice would be much obliged!

It's a waste of time - you're almost certain to have the HPV virus unless you're a virgin or you've only had very limited sexual experience. Condoms do not protect you...so don't think that you're safe because of that. Almost all sexually active people will have one of the variants of HPV, most without ever getting any warts at all or warts that are so small and hidden away that you never notice - in fact the HPV variants (there are 120) that cause warts are NOT the ones that are the cancer risk in women...so it's possible that the HPV vaccine would be a waste of time on two fronts as it may only be effective against the carcinogenic variants. There's not even a proper approved test for HPV, and if you were to ask your doctor he'd probably say you've got it already....if you're going to get a jab for something then Hepatitis is the only one worth anything

Edited by punter992005
1 person likes this

Agree.  HPV vaccination should be carried on mass for teens on the edge of discovering their sexuality so a resilient population can be created.  As for hepatitis I just did my 10 year booster as I was surfer when young and a lot fitter and due to the places with good waves my father insisted I got it done.  It is something that was definitely worthwhile.

Agree.  HPV vaccination should be carried on mass for teens on the edge of discovering their sexuality so a resilient population can be created.  As for hepatitis I just did my 10 year booster as I was surfer when young and a lot fitter and due to the places with good waves my father insisted I got it done.  It is something that was definitely worthwhile.

If im not mistaken this HPV vaccine is mostly taken by women for prevention of cervical cancer. Correct me if im wrong...

Correct B.  Men as far as I know can be carriers with no ill effect.  To effectively eradicate the HPV virus you should vaccinate both male and female populations.  By vaccinating just the female population you will reduce cervical cancer in the short term but will have to perpetuate the vaccination program.  By doing both populations you will create resilience in the general population meaning the HPV virus that is currently being carried cannot be transmitted and in the long term will die out when the last carrier dies out.

It has been done with small pox, it is almost done with polio (thanks Bill and Linda Gates)...

HPV can be sorted, we can then move on to other awful devastating viruses like Aids...

My clinic was giving out pamplets concerning HPV risks in men. Seems it can cause penile cancer and other things.

I'll go get my jab next week. Better be safe than sorry. Surely, you don't want to pass it on to your loved ones?

I've been reading up about the HP Virus and cervical cancer. The more partners a lady has - the more chance she has of exposure to the HP Virus and consequently to having pre cancerous cells on her cervix.

So WGs have a much higher incidence of HP virus despite practicing safe sex / condom use. This is not because the virus can migrate through the condom but because it is present in the male on the skin in the uncovered areas around testacles, anus and thighs, in the form of (genital) warts. Male to female transmission of the virus is 20 times more likely than the other way round if condoms are used. So we men carry the virus but in general don't suffer the consequences. The ladies and in particular WGs with high exposure and multiple partners run very high risks on our behalf and annual check ups at gyno clinics should show any pre cancerous cells which have to be removed under local anaesthetic using a heated wire. A certain % will go on to develop cervical cancer.

great piece of advice you posted mr 992005 all wholly accurate x kate x