katxxx

Just Had A Call From A Girlfriend/wife... Do You Clean Your Phone After A Booking?

54 posts in this topic

Just had a call from a girlfriend/wife from a guy I have seen yesterday..... 

Obviously I have pretended, that I don't know anything.... But she has pretended to be him and we have exchanged some texts.... I really have thought it was weird... him insisting whether I remember him and stuff..... insisting to find out what I remember..... 

Do you guys clean out your phone after a booking, call history and in and outgoing texts????

I hope so.... This is not the first time something like this happens...

Any person who is a relationship should clear their phone or ideally have a secret payg phone . Me being recently separated I don't have to worry about such things

I have a separate phone which is locked but everything gets deleted anyway - apart from one wg who has my personal number but that phone is also locked.

I thought I was careful covering my tracks, except that earlier this evening I pulled the hotel bill from a recent overnight out of my coat pocket - itemised with drinks, meal, everything. Well I say recent, it's been in my pocket since early May.

Oops.... Must do better!

I keep well out of things like this.

I delete all incriminating information from my payg punting phone immediately after use. On the day of the visit I phone or text the lady to confirm and say that I am on my way. Then I delete. She responds. I delete. When I arrive and park the car I call to say that I have arrived and then delete. I never save the phone number for the WG in my punting phone. I only have the phone switched on when I am going to use it or on the drive to the lady's house/flat.

Edited by gibbs

Yes.

I do save the WGs number in my phone but I save it under a guy's name (and remove it after the booking).

I use my regular phone - but I delete the conversation as soon as I come out and make sure there is no history on the phone.

Looks like the punter who had that phone in this thread is in the shit

Yes.

I do save the WGs number in my phone but I save it under a guy's name (and remove it after the booking).

Me too.

Even though I live alone, have a separate PAYG 'phone for "naughtiness", I nevertheless tend to put names into that 'phone which I hope would not arouse suspicion from my children in the event of my un-expected demise. ( well ....  I am "knocking on a bit"  :mellow: ) should it come to that !

For example, Jo becomes Joe ( subtle change of sex ? ) and "Nicky ?" can be of either sex, so no problem  :)

More difficult with the "Leannes" and such of the world, but well worth the risk   :D

I sympathise with the guys who have a "significant other" who may check their phones etc., but as a "live alone" man,  still take care to "cover my tracks".

with smart phones you have to clear stuff like the sat nav history too.

I am android so use a free app called history eraser. 

Just had a call from a girlfriend/wife from a guy I have seen yesterday..... 

Obviously I have pretended, that I don't know anything.... But she has pretended to be him and we have exchanged some texts.... I really have thought it was weird... him insisting whether I remember him and stuff..... insisting to find out what I remember..... 

Do you guys clean out your phone after a booking, call history and in and outgoing texts????

I hope so.... This is not the first time something like this happens...

Did she text you pretending to be him?

I think for the attached punter a separate phone and email address is vital.

Also a web browser on a USB stick and some cleaning software like window washer is very useful. 

Any person who is a relationship should clear their phone or ideally have a secret payg phone . Me being recently separated I don't have to worry about such things

I live alone, apart from my dog, but still have a separate PAYG 'phone for punting, and even that is regularly "cleaned",

Also a web browser on a USB stick and some cleaning software like window washer is very useful.

Absolutely. Very easy to set up and no issues with suspiciously cleared browsing histories or worse still forgetting to clear the history:

http://portableapps.com/

Arguably I think even a good idea for the unattached punter (like me) as you never know what the future might bring.

Edited by Tricky Dickie

The few times i have received this type of call I just ask what their husbands name is and then say "im sorry I dont know him, he must have typed in a wrong number".

The first time though I was taken by surprise and said "Im sorry this is private line, please dont call again". Not the best thing to say but its what spurted out of my mouth at the time. 

I think just hanging up would make it look ver suspicious to a female partner. Like when you answer your landline and as soon as you say hello the caller hangs up. When I was married it happened once and I was immediatley suspicious.

I live alone, apart from my dog, but still have a separate PAYG 'phone for punting, and even that is regularly "cleaned",

Can your dog text ?

http://www.ccleaner.com

I recommend CCleaner ("Crap" cleaner) to clean up browsing history. Unlike Windows Washer it's free, and I've been using it for years without any issues.

I once got a call from a London 'phone box (I checked the number out) from a very upset lady who thanked me for looking after her husband but assured me that he would not be seeing me ever again.  I had no idea who the man was since lots of men never see me again.................................  pauses for the laff and checks armpits..................

What can you do?  It is awfully upsetting.  I have had emails and threats from one lady and then to top it off as if it were not bad enough - her bloody husband joined in.  They demanded I visit the GUM clinic.  I told them both where to go.

I would hasten to add that I take no responsibility for any of this at all.  i do not lure men into my evil web.  I am not a spider sitting there waiting to devour men.

Can your dog text ?

NOPE ! He's a very intelligent dog, but has not yet caused me embarrassment by texting one of my favourite ladies on my "punting 'phone".

I think just hanging up would make it look very suspicious to a female partner. Like when you answer your landline and as soon as you say hello the caller hangs up. WHEN I WAS MARRIED it happened once and I was immediately suspicious.

Luckily I only called the once. :D

Edited by gibbs

I think just hanging up would make it look ver suspicious to a female partner. Like when you answer your landline and as soon as you say hello the caller hangs up. When I was married it happened once and I was immediatley suspicious.

That happens all the time now with automated diallers... selling fookin PPI compensation and loft insulation

NOPE ! He's a very intelligent dog, but has not yet caused me embarrassment by texting one of my favourite ladies on my "punting 'phone".

Does he have a preference for real bitches ?

I like the USB stick idea - very clever.  Even with private browsing using your laptop/tablet whilst it deletes your history you still need to go in and manually delete cookies and data.  And I have inadvertently once left incriminating web pages open on my laptop only to be fortunate enough to be the next person to log back in.  I kind of expect that one day I will be careless and my wife will catch me even as cautious as I try to be.  But I feel like I am less likely to leave a USB stick still inserted than an incriminating browser session open.

That happens all the time now with automated diallers... selling fookin PPI compensation and loft insulation

It was 20 years ago..probably was someone trying to flog those wet n dry hoovers eek x

I am android so use a free app called history eraser. 

And how do girls react to having sex with a machine?

Thankfully being single thats not an issue.I do however have an out of work sim which only a few people have the number for.Have come a cropper through that though.After a visit about 6 weeks back,switched back to my work sim and i'd missed a call with some very disturbing news.Now have a handset for both just in case and just switch the main to silent