Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe Kisses

Itunes Is Making My Head Spin

18 posts in this topic

Right, I downloaded all of the episodes of a series on itunes. I watched each and every one of them, a good few weeks ago now. 

I have just downloaded two movies, I watched the first one as soon as was able too and then started watching the other one. It has stopped 6 minutes in and the download is halted. It won't restart to download because when I go to "check for available downloads' it does just that, and finishes downloading the ends of each and every episode of the series I have already watched. My movie is right at the end.

I have deleted all the episodes but its still insisting on finishing the downloads. I tried pausing them before I deleted but no, it wont download my movie till the series is finished despite now being offcially deleted yet still showing as non downloaded in my library.

I have tried quitting itunes altogether and re opening but its still the same. Really really annoyed.

By the way the new Hansel and Gretal is fab.

Ok.. Guess it confuddles everyone else too x

Chloe

I had an issue with itunes a while back which I posted asking for help in techie sections of punting forums. I found replies weren't very quick, and then consisted mostly of telling me how rubbish the software is and recommending I switch to other media players instead(not terribly helpful).

Then eventually some suggested fixes started coming through, which I spent the best part of a couple of weeks playing with. I tried all sorts of things even caring out full system restores. In the end the problem was that my machine was full of viruses, which were showing up as causing problems with itunes - they weren't itune specific but it was a symptom and it was the local computery shop who sorted it all out for me.

I'm not saying this is your problem, more explaining my experience with asking for help on forums.

I'm currently having issues getting used to the new itunes format but getting through by fiddling about, and googling the odd issue.

Edited by Strawberry

The problem seems to have sorted itself out now guys. The episodes I deleted downloaded rather fast once I had deleted them and were still showing up in iTunes store as downloading for some reason too. They finished downloading and then my movie downloaded. I just would love to know why something still downloads when you have deleted it though, ah well xx

Chloe,

I had something similar and it was down to automatic downloads being enabled, which besides being a pain because it fills your hard drive up in no time at all also caused my machine to run like a dog when ever I started iTunes because it would always download anything purchased on the iPad or Apple TV.  So to resolve on the windows version of iTunes, go to Edit / Preferences / Store and deselect automatic downloads for everything then when you want to download it just hit the cloud icon in which ever section it is sitting (Music / Films / Books etc)

GL

My iTunes issue (I only use it for transferring vinyl and tape to cd, don't smirk) was that after doing so my PC had no sound.

It turned out iTunes was messing something up (and Apple knew it) and it needed a third-party upgrade to sort it out.

Would have been nicer if Apple had let people know...

Its all sorted now guys. All downloaded. Now just wondering what to do with the 300 songs I have waiting to download that I hit the pause button on as they were taking literally days. I just went though clicking some albums ages ago and forgot they were all waiting in my queue but was rather shocked to see that they download as individual songs rather than as an album in a zip type format..stranger and stranger still.

My iTunes issue (I only use it for transferring vinyl and tape to cd, don't smirk) was that after doing so my PC had no sound.

It turned out iTunes was messing something up (and Apple knew it) and it needed a third-party upgrade to sort it out.

Would have been nicer if Apple had let people know...

It would also be nice if apple notified you when you buy and ipad that if you crack the screen it cannot be replaced. You have to trade in your current ipad for a new one at the nifty fee of £200 smackaroonies. Of course you also have to go through all the boring stuff like redownloading all your apps movies and music etc and deleting it all from your old one in the store. Yes it happened to me when my son cracked his screen, then after a very exhaustive time in the apple store i arrived home to find my other son standing there saying "err mum I dropped my ipad and the screens all cracked"..TOUGH TITTIES...heres a bloody plastic screen cover instead, mind your fingers x

Edited by Chloe Kisses

It would also be nice if apple notified you when you buy and ipad that if you crack the screen it cannot be replaced. You have to trade in your current ipad for a new one at the nifty fee of £200 smackaroonies. Of course you also have to go through all the boring stuff like redownloading all your apps movies and music etc and deleting it all from your old one in the store. Yes it happened to me when my son cracked his screen, then after a very exhaustive time in the apple store i arrived home to find my other son standing there saying "err mum I dropped my ipad and the screens all cracked"..TOUGH TITTIES...heres a bloody plastic screen cover instead, mind your fingers x

or dont buy apple stuff....

or dont buy apple stuff....

Not Apples fault if people can't take care of their possessions.

I've got 2 iPods, an iPhone and now an iPad and all of them look like they have come out of the box.

My mate has 2 daughters who have iPods who have cracked the screens. I guess you don't take as much care of things if you don't have to pay for them yourself.

Chloe,

The alternative is to search around for a company that will replace the screen. However, when I dropped my iPad a few months ago the going rate was £175 and it invalidated the warranty. So £200 for a new unit was not such a bad deal.

Chloe,

The alternative is to search around for a company that will replace the screen. However, when I dropped my iPad a few months ago the going rate was £175 and it invalidated the warranty. So £200 for a new unit was not such a bad deal.

Well thats the thing. I have seen advertisements for replacements but then you come up against the warranty problem. Hey ho hum. 

Not Apples fault if people can't take care of their possessions.

I've got 2 iPods, an iPhone and now an iPad and all of them look like they have come out of the box.

My mate has 2 daughters who have iPods who have cracked the screens. I guess you don't take as much care of things if you don't have to pay for them yourself.

Whoopy do, goody for you. Kids will be kids, have your children never broken something by accident. 

Whoopy do, goody for you. Kids will be kids, have your children never broken something by accident. 

His kids are 14 and 18, old enough to be able to look after things,

Took you 7 weeks to reply to that post, what's up ? Nothing left for you to troll after ?

His kids are 14 and 18, old enough to be able to look after things,

Took you 7 weeks to reply to that post, what's up ? Nothing left for you to troll after ?

Wow thats rich coming from Mr Troll no 3 himself, I say number 3 as there are a couple on here who are more accomplished trolls that you at the moment. I forgot I had even posted this thread and someone had made a comment that i had not read, so I came on and read it..shock shock horror horror. 

I notice you have not answered the question about your kids lol

Wow thats rich coming from Mr Troll no 3 himself, I say number 3 as there are a couple on here who are more accomplished trolls that you at the moment. I forgot I had even posted this thread and someone had made a comment that i had not read, so I came on and read it..shock shock horror horror. 

I notice you have not answered the question about your kids lol

None of your business that is why.

Now go patronise and condescend somebody else, Dr Z is normally your usual target.

None of your business that is why.

Now go patronise and condescend somebody else, Dr Z is normally your usual target.

Haha in other words ists one of these 

a) you dont have children so can only go on second hand experience of them

:cool: you do and they break as much stuff as everyone elses kids

I think the fact that you have trolled me several times of late gives me permission to patronise you..ooo just a little bit lol xx

p.s regarding Dr z...its him who patronises me. He has a cock so he knows best you see  :lol:

Edited by Chloe Kisses