TheKnight

A Call/text Copying Device/app ...

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys and girls ...

Some of the other threads on here comment on punters (and occasionally WGs) getting caught out by an errant text/phone call, inadequate deletion of call/text history, etc.,

If your other half had access to your phone and you made sure you deleted all this information, are there apps that can record a log of texts/calls and send it to her phone so that she can monitor your every move ... the scary thing is I am sure I have heard of one, but can't for the life of me recall it's name. Does anyone know of it?

Thanks in advance!

There are key logging programs which do just that.

Here in US, if you share a computer with your spouse it's assumed that everything is fair game & material gathered that way could be admissable (if a divorce got messy etc).

The iPhone's GPS tracker can ve used by an APP for a 3rd party to monitor it's where abouts.

Big bro is watching YOU lol

Edited by FredDeHead

Thanks for your response Fred ... but are there any keystroke apps for mobiles/recording devices for a mobile ....

Afaik, yes..at least for iPhone. Google it, I've seen it mentioned several times overhere on US punting forums.

Legally the devices owner is supposed to be asked for permission....

but just try that argument with the wife when you wake up at 3am with her holding a carving knife to yer balls after finding your texts from Saucey Susan ;->

edit- have a butchers at this: http://www.iphonespyapp.net/

Edited by FredDeHead

Apparently there's a number of apps similar to one mentioned above;

the companies selling them often pitch it for parents keeping an eye on their kids etc.....

Thanks Fred ... will have a look around ... 

If I don't find what I'm looking for can I PM you? 

PS: Are there Android equivalents?

Accor

Afaik, yes..at least for iPhone. Google it, I've seen it mentioned several times overhere on US punting forums.

Legally the devices owner is supposed to be asked for permission....

but just try that argument with the wife when you wake up at 3am with her holding a carving knife to yer balls after finding your texts from Saucey Susan ;->

edit- have a butchers at this: http://www.iphonespyapp.net/

According to the site the target iphone has to be jailbroken..

AFAIK there is no such app for an iphone which is not jailbroken....

Accor

According to the site the target iphone has to be jailbroken..

AFAIK there is no such app for an iphone which is not jailbroken....

Not so sure that's case anymore: Footprints iPhone App Lets You Track Your Kids, Spouse, Friends

( there's at least one more app in similar vein I've read about & am fairly sure it's can be used on a regular (ie not jailbroke) unit..I'll keep digging.

btw- Interesting read : iPhone keeps record of everywhere you go

Here is a utility that will display the personal data your iPhone is storing: http://petewarden.github.com/iPhoneTracker/

You can never totally remove risk, you can mitigate it. Apply as much or as little protection as you deem necessary for information you want to keep private. For somethings that will mean applying many stringent measures and for other things that will mean apply very few. The more measures applied the more inconvenient it can become. Security is all about managing risk, not eliminating it. I know many if not all of you on this forum understand that concept as you already manage and mitigate different risk that comes with this territory.

If it's on South Park then it must be true!!! :P

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...n#tab=featured

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...ed-by-accident

Not so sure that's case anymore: Footprints iPhone App Lets You Track Your Kids, Spouse, Friends

( there's at least one more app in similar vein I've read about & am fairly sure it's can be used on a regular (ie not jailbroke) unit..I'll keep digging.

btw- Interesting read : iPhone keeps record of everywhere you go

Here is a utility that will display the personal data your iPhone is storing: http://petewarden.github.com/iPhoneTracker/

You can never totally remove risk, you can mitigate it. Apply as much or as little protection as you deem necessary for information you want to keep private. For somethings that will mean applying many stringent measures and for other things that will mean apply very few. The more measures applied the more inconvenient it can become. Security is all about managing risk, not eliminating it. I know many if not all of you on this forum understand that concept as you already manage and mitigate different risk that comes with this territory.

If it's on South Park then it must be true!!! :Phttp://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...n#tab=featuredhttp://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...ed-by-accident

What I meant to say but didn't make very clear is that I don't think there is an app or program which can be installed on an un-jailbroken phone - where the phone user isn't aware it is there. A phone user would know Footprints is on their phone as the app isn't hidden. Find my iphone is already installed and all it would take is for someone to know your Apple ID, more likely than trying to sneakily install an app on your phone without you knowing :).

Of course your comment about managing risk is exactly right - there are plenty of comments on forums about people who have become careless and been found out by whatever means. I thought I was pretty good at covering my tracks but have made 2 silly errors recently which has provided me with a kick up the backside to be more careful in future...

What I meant to say but didn't make very clear is that I don't think there is an app or program which can be installed on an un-jailbroken phone - where the phone user isn't aware it is there.

You are right. There a not in app in existence (which can be hidden) for non jail broken Iphones which can monitor calls, SMS, Skype conversations etc.

There are are a lots of for an Android phones: (no need to be rooted): Mspy, Stealthgenie, Flexispy...just to mention a few. I am sure there even are much more for the rooted device and much cheaper (if not free).

There is a still a way to find if some of this apps are installed on your phone, if you are really paranoid that your SO did so. (I doubt it though)

The android equivalent of this app is very sneaky

It allows you to look at a particular mobile number remotely shows

All calls

All texts

All emails

It cleverly hides itself in the my apps section of playstore and is set to auto update by itself so the host phone would never know its there as there is no record on the device itself

You down load the app for the handset a one time setup and you never see it again

You then log onto web page input password etc and its all there

The android equivalent of this app is very sneaky

It allows you to look at a particular mobile number remotely shows

All calls

All texts

All emails

It cleverly hides itself in the my apps section of playstore and is set to auto update by itself so the host phone would never know its there as there is no record on the device itself

You down load the app for the handset a one time setup and you never see it again

You then log onto web page input password etc and its all there

Scary stuff! Think I'll stick with the iphone...

Not so. The host phone will drain battery considerably faster if one of this apps installed. Its always connect to the GPS, 3G/HSPA, WiFI, secretly even if its disabled by the user and non icon will be displayed when its connected.

Once the person found out that why theirs phone getting connected to the net randomly (when its set it should not. Many people disable it, to save battery power)  they will try to find why? Especially when they found out, its connected to the net every time after making/receiving call or a text message, they might think something wrong with the settings on the phone. Then they start digging. In the application manager there always will be some program (could be hiding in the some launcher apps, games or widget files, with the extension like moni, stealth, or spy).

Its far from the perfect. If I encountered some unusual behavior on my phone and after failing to correct it, I just will restore it to the factory settings and back ups of the stuff I am sure about.  (mainly calls and texts). Apps can be always downloaded after from the scratch. (clean and unaffected). Spy apps would not load. The person who installed it, still after pay for it.  (month or a year depending), unless he will mange to install it again on the host phone.

Edited by Xenia

Mr. Man/Xenia ... 

What is the name of the Android app that you are referring to? Would be great to know ... 

Thanks ...

App is called SMS tracker

Trust me there is no record in the phone in app settings or anything only when you go into Google play store and select my apps

The gps icon does not show when its connecting to obtain location

And most people have data always on when on the move

If not it updates and uploads when connected to WiFi

I ran it for a week and noticed very little battery difference

You just need 10-20 minutes with the handset to set it up properly