Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Corus Boy

Well It's Not Care In The Community, Is It?

13 posts in this topic

The very reason we are doing everything we can to keep social services away from my elderly mother in law.  They have no right to tell him what to do with his money.

Okay so what are they going to do? Take his phone away from him so he cant book a different girl? Its his money, its his cock, its his right to have as many jollies in whatever way he can in his old age. I understand that they are protecting him from a possible scammer which is fair enough but if he starts booking other girls then they need to just leave well alone x

The very reason we are doing everything we can to keep social services away from my elderly mother in law.  They have no right to tell him what to do with his money.

They could go to the family court and get a power of attorney over his affairs then they can do what the fuck they like.

when you make you wills, folks, get a power of attorney set up so when you are at the dribbling stage, it will be someone you trust looking after you, not some official twat.  SEROIUSLY.

They could go to the family court and get a power of attorney over his affairs then they can do what the fuck they like.

when you make you wills, folks, get a power of attorney set up so when you are at the dribbling stage, it will be someone you trust looking after you, not some official twat.  SEROIUSLY.

Tell me about it.  Trouble is when they are elderly and that generation they don't want to hand Enduring Power of Attorney over to anyone else even family because they see it as losing control and then in steps Social Services who get their own court order and there is absolutely nothing he or anyone else can do about it, and they can tell him what to spend his money on unfortunately Chloe, they even have to power to give him pocket money if they suspect he's not spending his money wisely.

Tell me about it.  Trouble is when they are elderly and that generation they don't want to hand Enduring Power of Attorney over to anyone else even family because they see it as losing control and then in steps Social Services who get their own court order and there is absolutely nothing he or anyone else can do about it, and they can tell him what to spend his money on unfortunately Chloe, they even have to power to give him pocket money if they suspect he's not spending his money wisely.

My parents did one when they were in their 60's.  Dad is gone now but I am glad I have one for Mum.  It has made life so much easier.

and remember the family court sits in secret so we have no idea what goes on there.

Cute young thing, isn't she? Or as Blackadder once said, "This way my good woman, if indeed you are a woman".

/ducks

And the Daily Mail readers comments are pretty sensible for once!

Ha - so a pensioner's life savings could go up the spout in 6 months and there is sod all left behind for the family waiting in the wings - love it - spend it wheil you can.

Just looked at her picture in the mail.

He was robbed!

I hope when / if I get to 87 I will still be ringing up ladies young enough to be my (grand)daughter. My money My freedom of choice.

Ha - so a pensioner's life savings could go up the spout in 6 months and there is sod all left behind for the family waiting in the wings - love it - spend it wheil you can.

Not forgetting that, if he has savings he will have to pay for his care, if he blows it all he gets free care.

The thing is the authorities do have a duty of care, they also have to uphold peoples rights. I wouldnt want to be them as if they allowed it to continue the relatives would have reason to take them to task and if they do the resident takes them to task. Lose lose situation for the authorities. Not being funny like but it looks like that 5000 hasnt done her health too much good