Somekindagirl

Slightly Whiffy Breath, Do You Reach In For A Kiss, Or Not?

72 posts in this topic

I love to kiss, but you know, sometimes..you gotta, you just gotta ask innocently, "hey....have this" and *seductively* try and slip/force a mint into your lovers/clients mouth, but shock horror!

They insist they do not want that mint, erm,,,you think,,,"honey..you DO,go on, suck it, you know you want that freshmint".

However, your lover,or soon to be lover if they just take the flippin mint does not budge.

What do you do?

Continue with passionate fun without going anywhere near their mouth region or....

What do or have you done to work around the perils of another, working or otherwise who just has a bit of a whiffy breath.

I know someone,my personal life,he took cod liver oil tablets, phewwwwww...........like a truck load of tuna on a plate :D but I sensitively spoke with him a couple of weeks ago, he has stopped this fish oil habit and, bobs your aunt, smelling of roses once more,I was SO mortified in telling him, I know he reads here, but had to be honest, for both our sakes;-)
So I personally think, as long as you are sensitive and not cruel,you can sort this issue out.

So gents, dolls, what are your experiences when your other, *professional date or otherwise* has had less than fresh breath?

I am pretty much ocd about smells, so...I HAD to have the talk,that or would turned in-sane :o but sweetly mind you;-)

So do tell...are you or have you been sweetly honest about the less than fresh breath of another, or have you thrown caution to the wind and been incredibly honest about the smell,decided that brutal honest approach works best?

I have been lucky, majority of my clients have been cool with sweet mouths, but the odd one has slipped though, what did I do?I suggested in a friendly manner that they should invest in a burka to keep me safe from the odor,all in jest mind you.,they saw the funny side..I think...well I hope so.

I want to know all your stories, sweet, and not so sweet;-)

Edited by Somekindagirl

I've been known to run into pound land just b4 a punt to get a bottle of mouthwash just in case,then throw the rest away, wasteful I know,but worth a pound to get a punt off on the right step

I  do enjoy egg mayo,a food that can make others  think you have whiffy breath, but..I have a habit of sucking on mints,brushing my teeth more than twice within 24 hours,thinking about it....the only oral pleasure I am getting at present,deary me.  :lol:

Edited by Somekindagirl

I've been known to run into pound land just b4 a punt to get a bottle of mouthwash just in case,then throw the rest away, wasteful I know,but worth a pound to get a punt off on the right step

I can see you, well I do not know you, but I can in my minds eye picture a Man excited about his punt running, no, scrap that, SPRINTING to the shops for a bottle of mouth wash,boxes of Cheerios and Coffee jars falling in his wake as he sprints to get that mouth wash, I like that!at least you are concerned of how your breath is, how your girl will receive you.

Ha Ha the whiffy breath dilemma, I had a little trick up my sleeve with this one.  Keep a bowl of mints at the side of the bed, pop one in your own mouth and when kissing them pop it into theirs. 

Those little blue minty tab things (forgot the name) are also pretty good because if popped into the mouth before going down they give the recipient a pleasurable tingly feeling so it pretty easy to convince them to do the same for you.  Other than that blunt honesty normally works.

On a serious note, I always had a bowl of mints at the side of the bed and a couple of those fresh breath sprays in plain sight and did mention on my website that cheese and onion crisps breath is not good idea on a punt, but there were times when the hints weren't picked up on and the only thing left is to hope they don't notice when you turn your head :unsure:

Sometimes you can have whiffy breath and not even know it.  A good tip I had a long time ago and did mention on my website was to lick the inside of your wrist before leaving the car and having a good sniff, that normally works.  Smelly breath isn't as bad as a smelly willy though.

Another one of my horror moments is the *kiss in the morning with morning breath*.

Arghhhhh!

Sad to say, but I have mints near to me, in fact under my pillow, no way I am going to be breathing morning breath on my Man :o

That is why I love the movies, very rarely do you see the issue of morning breath addressed, ahh..the movies, not real life, but nice to watch .

Saying that, when your at ease with another,professional or other wise, you can breath slightly on them upon waking as you lean in for a kiss and be happy that they will not run for the hills,well...that is the hope.

Ha Ha the whiffy breath dilemma, I had a little trick up my sleeve with this one.  Keep a bowl of mints at the side of the bed, pop one in your own mouth and when kissing them pop it into theirs. 

Those little blue minty tab things (forgot the name) are also pretty good because if popped into the mouth before going down they give the recipient a pleasurable tingly feeling so it pretty easy to convince them to do the same for you.  Other than that blunt honesty normally works.

On a serious note, I always had a bowl of mints at the side of the bed and a couple of those fresh breath sprays in plain sight and did mention on my website that cheese and onion crisps breath is not good idea on a punt, but there were times when the hints weren't picked up on and the only thing left is to hope they don't notice when you turn your head :unsure:

Sometimes you can have whiffy breath and not even know it.  A good tip I had a long time ago and did mention on my website was to lick the inside of your wrist before leaving the car and having a good sniff, that normally works.  Smelly breath isn't as bad as a smelly willy though.

I just licked the inside of my wrist, yeah...I am okay;-)

Those mouth sprays seems like a good idea to have in every day life, but have never purchased on,I do like my mints;-)

I have I think an irrational fear of whiffy breath, I am sure I have throughout my life been the owner of this, so am not for one moment thinking not, I just know I am very aware of my personal smells.

Edited by Somekindagirl

I keep a bottle of mouthwash in the door of my car. I use it to freshen up on a long drive (when I have run out of wine gums!) as well as on leaving the car to walk to my assignation.

Just to prove I don't have a beef with you Holly, I'm going to say I love the mints by the bed idea! Thank you!

I'm also thinking I might put a breath spritzer in the bathroom too!  

I had a problem with a tooth I've since had extracted but was worried about having whiffy breath on a punt because of it.

Fortunately it was with a girl I'd seen before and even though I'd been eating mints, using breath freshener and mouthwash for hours before I ended up coming clean and just said to her if my breath smells tell me and I won't kiss you! I'd rather that than her turn her head away or whatever. Luckily the intensive routine seemed to have worked as I got lots of nice french kissing.

Either that or she has no sense of smell :D

I make my breath a top priority before a meeting - using floss etc to get my mouth into top shape for many days before. If you brush your teeth and see blood - you certainly have smelly breath. Plus don't eat anything silly on the day.

before a punt i always buy some polo's or some chewing gum so that i have fresh  breath for the punt 

one of my ex gf's had ocd and  nearly always had gum in her mouth

I took the bull by the horns years ago and just started sucking the mints myself, that way if their breath is less than perfect Im unlikely to notice enough to put me off. Halls extra strong menthoeucalyptus sugar free stops it all dead. Trouble is I have been doing it so long that it doesnt feel normal to be snogging someone without a mint hidden between my gum and my cheek. So any guys out there who have snogged me dont worry, I put the mint in before you even made it from foyer to front door so it doesnt mean I thought you had iffy breath x

I love to kiss, but you know, sometimes..you gotta, you just gotta ask innocently, "hey....have this" and *seductively* try and slip/force a mint into your lovers/clients mouth, but shock horror!

They insist they do not want that mint, erm,,,you think,,,"honey..you DO,go on, suck it, you know you want that freshmint".

However, your lover,or soon to be lover if they just take the flippin mint does not budge.

What do you do?

Continue with passionate fun without going anywhere near their mouth region or....

What do or have you done to work around the perils of another, working or otherwise who just has a bit of a whiffy breath.

I know someone,my personal life,he took cod liver oil tablets, phewwwwww...........like a truck load of tuna on a plate :D but I sensitively spoke with him a couple of weeks ago, he has stopped this fish oil habit and, bobs your aunt, smelling of roses once more,I was SO mortified in telling him, I know he reads here, but had to be honest, for both our sakes;-)

So I personally think, as long as you are sensitive and not cruel,you can sort this issue out.

So gents, dolls, what are your experiences when your other, *professional date or otherwise* has had less than fresh breath?

I am pretty much ocd about smells, so...I HAD to have the talk,that or would turned in-sane :o but sweetly mind you;-)

So do tell...are you or have you been sweetly honest about the less than fresh breath of another, or have you thrown caution to the wind and been incredibly honest about the smell,decided that brutal honest approach works best?

I have been lucky, majority of my clients have been cool with sweet mouths, but the odd one has slipped though, what did I do?I suggested in a friendly manner that they should invest in a burka to keep me safe from the odor,all in jest mind you.,they saw the funny side..I think...well I hope so.

I want to know all your stories, sweet, and not so sweet;-)

Bad breath or any kind of bad hygiene is nowadays an instant turn-off resulting in me immediately losing any interest in a WG. Fortunately since my walk out a few years back due to a WGs horrific smelling fanny i havent punted with any at a 121 that were anything other than very clean smelling in all areas, except for fag breath on ocassion.

I would have thought that the overpowering stench of halls mentholyptus - or in fact even strong mints - would be a turn off for a punter.  I haven't come across any girls with mint breath or in fact bad breath - so must be lucky.

This thread has suddenly made me paranoid. Been licking my wrist and sniffing and seems ok lol.

I brush, floss and gargle before a punt.

I wouldn't want to kiss a girl with bad breath or fag breath, but in my experience most women are more conscientious than men abojt oral hygeine.

One strong tip for ye, brushing your teeth before a punt apparently can cause microscopic gum bleeding which takes about 2 hours to repair itself! So that leaves you open to infection particularly if doing RO/OWO!

So use mouth wash rather than brush if within the 2 hour timeframe prior to a punt! Not a great fan of chewing gum as it causes you to juice up that is your gastric juices get horned up for food, which isn't usually immediate forthcoming and apparently could leave you prone to ulcers as a consequence!

I would have thought that the overpowering stench of halls mentholyptus - or in fact even strong mints - would be a turn off for a punter.  I haven't come across any girls with mint breath or in fact bad breath - so must be lucky.

I guess you thought wrong then xx

I guess you thought wrong then xx

Guys will put up with a lot without saying anything - who ever complains to the girl about the reek of cheap air freshener or binfull of used condoms

This thread has suddenly made me paranoid. Been licking my wrist and sniffing and seems ok lol.

I brush, floss and gargle before a punt.

I wouldn't want to kiss a girl with bad breath or fag breath, but in my experience most women are more conscientious than men abojt oral hygeine.

You can't smell your own bad breath but others can - that trick is useless

You can't smell your own bad breath but others can - that trick is useless

Of course you can, it works ask your dentist.   Try doing it before brushing your teeth and then again afterwards. 

http://www.breathmd.com/how-to-smell-your-own-breath.php

Edited by Holly Maddison

Certain medications that dry out the mouth can stimulate the onset of halitosis.  Steroid inhalers too are notorious for causing oral thrush.  Smoking is particularly bad for dental health.

Quarterly visits to the dental hygienist, accompanied by rigorous adherence to a regimen consisting of a two minute brushing twice daily and a nightly flossing will remove the bacteria that cause bad breath.  

The cheap astringent mouth washes that contain alcohol are bad for tooth enamel.  Better to go for the more expensive ones like Sensodyne Enamel which is flouride-based.  

Strong perfume is an issue for me too. I hate the smell of almost all perfume. The only type that's ok is a very mild fruit or vanilla fragrance. I usually ask WGs not to wear perfume or make up, but only rarely do they do it even if they have said they will. I guess it's a confidence issue - some women don't feel confident without a mask of make up and perfume.

When I used to commute on the tube in London, I once or twice changed carriages when I ended up next to a woman wearing strong perfume. Especially on a warm summer's day.

Strong perfume is an issue for me too. I hate the smell of almost all perfume. The only type that's ok is a very mild fruit or vanilla fragrance. I usually ask WGs not to wear perfume or make up, but only rarely do they do it even if they have said they will. I guess it's a confidence issue - some women don't feel confident without a mask of make up and perfume.

When I used to commute on the tube in London, I once or twice changed carriages when I ended up next to a woman wearing strong perfume. Especially on a warm summer's day.

Surely that's better than sitting next to some sweaty kid with no anti antiperspirant. :eek:

Surely that's better than sitting next to some sweaty kid with no anti antiperspirant. :eek:

Equally bad to me.