Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vicegirl

Dirty Trick By Parlour/victoria House Lutterworth

16 posts in this topic

Studio 31 in Lutterworth has been taken over by new management, the old website for the parlour  www.studio31.me.uk has now been linked to Victoria house....how frigging sad that a supposedly reputable venue as VH has to stoop so low as to take up someone else's left overs. I wish the new owner of Studio 31 Lutterworth all the very best...new website for Studio 31 is www.studio-31.co.uk

Studio 31 in Lutterworth has been taken over by new management, the old website for the parlour  www.studio31.me.uk has now been linked to Victoria house....how frigging sad that a supposedly reputable venue as VH has to stoop so low as to take up someone else's left overs. I wish the new owner of Studio 31 Lutterworth all the very best...new website for Studio 31 is www.studio-31.co.uk

Sadly, this is a common situation where people do not realise that a web site (and domain name) is an important part of a company's assets and is ignored in any take over discussions.  It relates directly to things like ranking in Google and is a valuable commodity which should be considered in any take over.

It's still an area where people don't pay enough attention and decide that a "cheap and cheerful" approach is the way to go, without appreciating the implications of that.

For example, I have seen situations where people have used their real name to register a web domain, without being aware that this could be public information.

Shame - I never have been there though the place always had consistently good reports

It seems like the new owner was given unclear information about the website and not being internet savvy didn't understand the implications. The domain name belongs to the web designer so he can do what he likes  with it but u can't tell me that VH doesn't know about it being directed to their site and the sad thing is it happened to them a few months ago where a similar name to VH was being directed to a parlour in Northampton and did they kick off about it...yes they did. Its making them look desperate for custom which I'm sure their not but I suppose at the end of the day its a dog eat dog world...

This is a common procedure used by 69 Design who hosts the two sites in Lutterworth. When you buy a 69 Design site you purchase the domain name but Richard Noakes puts the domain name into his name so he has complete control over them. We used 69 Design and encountered problems with domain names when we tried to move.

I'm almost certain studio 31's domain name will be in Richard's name so he has probably sold it VH.

I don't think VH were being underhanded but more like Richard offered it to them. More fool the new owners for not making sure of this.

This is a common procedure used by 69 Design who hosts the two sites in Lutterworth. When you buy a 69 Design site you purchase the domain name but Richard Noakes puts the domain name into his name so he has complete control over them. We used 69 Design and encountered problems with domain names when we tried to move.

I'm almost certain studio 31's domain name will be in Richard's name so he has probably sold it VH.

I don't think VH were being underhanded but more like Richard offered it to them. More fool the new owners for not making sure of this.

Rule 1

make sure you buy your own domain name, don't let your web man do it.

Its easy.  LCN.com make it easy online.

but remember, dont put your real name and address on the registration. its visible on NOMINET queries.

Yes your right  but after VH kicking off about a similiar thing happening to them a few months back thought they would have had more about them. I wouldn't touch 69 Design with a barge pole. As I said before the new owners are not internet savvy at all...lovely lady and I think she's been shit on...

hopefully they can get some nice girls in at Studio 31

hopefully they can get some nice girls in at Studio 31

Give it a few weeks....

Yes your right  but after VH kicking off about a similiar thing happening to them a few months back thought they would have had more about them. I wouldn't touch 69 Design with a barge pole. As I said before the new owners are not internet savvy at all...lovely lady and I think she's been shit on...

Sounds more like a bad business move.  Doesn't matter how nice you are, if your don't know what your doing (especially in this world of the web) then your asking for failure.

I'm not totally savvy on the previous VH getting redirected to Northampton but the talk in the area was that VH had already messed with the place in Northampton by refusing to let girls work anywhere else. Busy girls anyway. A girl started at mke, loved it and asked for two days per week so she could sleep over but out of the blue resigned. Without reason. I got a call from a client and apparently the girl had previously tried to work in Northampton but had been threatened with sacking very nastily unless she stayed exclusive to vic house. It was the same girl. Vic house play underhand games . Never had proof but it explained a lot

Rule 1

make sure you buy your own domain name, don't let your web man do it.

Its easy.  LCN.com make it easy online.

but remember, dont put your real name and address on the registration. its visible on NOMINET queries.

That's only part of the issue here.

The real problem (it looks like) is that the business was sold as a going concern, but one of the assets (the domain name) wasn't transferred as part of that takeover.

I think that Rule #2 should therefore be - if there's an existing website, make sure t is transferred to you as part of the deal.

All sorted, VH supposedly didn't know anything about it but as far as Richard concerned they did...Anyway domain name soon to be back  where it belongs and soon to be directed to the new website for Studio 31....

a parlour in Northampton is using Victoria House as a website name??????

WTF?

a parlour in Northampton is using Victoria House as a website name??????

WTF?

I don't think so.

Some months ago, apparently, traffic was being directed from VH to a Nton site seems to be what was mentioned - you were in on the thread earlier so you followed that, no?

Edited by vivluvsme