mega

Massage Parlour With £26,000,000 Per Year Turnover

11 posts in this topic

This news from the man named after the scientific adjective for raising 10 to the power of 6 has to be worth at least one comment:

I know nothing of this brothel, but those numbers for turnover are astonishing - 26m a year is equivalent to 16 working girls earning £250/hour for 18 hours every day for a year. Is this even possible? Maybe if some embassy or oil company was organising lavish parties almost every night, but no way could an operation with 41 girls on the books, 27 present at the time of the bust, generate that sort of turnover on individually made bookings.

But the figures must be true because 'forensic financial investigators' or whatever name they go by have told us so.

I know girls who have worked there. There were up to 20 girls or more per day and you could earn a lot of money apparently, it was a popular place for all . Operated a door fee for the bar then you pick a girl to take upstairs kind of arrangement and open till very late x

Edited by Chloe Kisses

I know of this place. I used to see a regular at a hotel on the Euston Road. He always used to ask for a rear facing room. We'd sit on the windowsill, have a couple of drinks, and watch clients come and go at that place and do the sums in our head, trying to guess how much they were making. Range Rovers, Bentleys, and Mercs were lining up, waiting to park, and 4 guys at a time would arrive together and go in. Sometimes there would be a velvet rope and a red carpet. Very young looking girls with endless legs and very high heels would totter in and out. We had a lot of fun watching. They had a really good website. I actually sent them an email once, applying for a job. Never heard.... Mind you, I was old enough to be those girls' granny  ;)

Not sure I quite believe that figure, but I'd believe half.... The place was open for long enough for them to have stashed a large amount of cash in safety deposit somewhere.

This news from the man named after the scientific adjective for raising 10 to the power of 6 has to be worth at least one comment:

Wot?   Me?   :confused:   :rolleyes:    

And here's an update - I think they mean masseuses rather than masseurs!

http://www.camdennewjournal.com/news/2013/jul/i-didn%E2%80%99t-know-my-masseurs-offered-sex%E2%80%99-says-man-accused-running-%E2%80%98brothel%E2%80%99-close-town-h 

Edited by mega

The judge's comments actually make a pretty good argument for legalising brothels. It seems that the girls earned extremely good incomes in a safe environment, no-one was coerced, considerable taxes were paid, both to HMRC and to Camden Council, so all in all no-one was harmed, and there was significant economic benefit. Clearly that all had to be stopped for the greater good.

Edited by Petronius

It's similar to when they say this Chicken Madras contains the same as 26 teaspoons of sugar and 18 teaspoons of salt.You would be dead.

The judge's comments actually make a pretty good argument for legalising brothels. It seems that the girls earned extremely good incomes in a safe environment, no-one was coerced, considerable taxes were paid, both to HMRC and to Camden Council, so all in all no-one was harmed, and there was significant economic benefit. Clearly that all had to be stopped for the greater good.

If it was a good working environment and the girls were treated well and earned well, the owners paid huge taxes why is it for the greater good that its been stopped. I would have thought the greater good would be intelligent enough to keep decent places open and concentrate on closing the shitebags, pimpers and traffickers down instead. Wasted money that could have gone towards trapping a nasty peice of work instead. Farcical

1 person likes this

Now this is a good post................

I read all the newspaper reports with such interest that I shared them with my wife who asked for quite a few words to be translated (her English is incomplete).

Something which we can't get a good handle on is how the house made so much money. There was so much good PR for the brothel keeper this aspect was relegated to £5 a drink and a 30% surcharge if payment was by credit card. The girls kept all their earnings and there is no mention of payments by the girls for use of facilities. Does anyone out there know the fuller picture?

Edited by nonotouch