Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerboa

How To Upgrade Your Ps3 Hdd

3 posts in this topic

Recently I upgraded my old PS3, It only has 80GB HDD, originally I got stuck trying to backup the data from the old HDD to a portable device, I was using a 2TB WD MyPassport using Fat32, but the PS3 wouldn't recognise It, so after scratching my head I got a 64GB USB stick, this was in Fat32, which Is Important because the PS3 only recognises this, the console recognised It as I connected It to a usb port, took nearly a hour to backup, but finally did It.

The new HDD I used was a 1TB 2.5" Samsung HN-M101MBB 5400rpm which has been reported on tech forums as being compatible, very easy to swap the drives over, just slide the new one In.

I took a while to format the new HDD then transfer the old data from the usb drive, but all went well, as a guide I used this

video as a step by step guide, I'm no whizz kid, so anyone can do this. :)  

Recently I upgraded my old PS3, It only has 80GB HDD, originally I got stuck trying to backup the data from the old HDD to a portable device, I was using a 2TB WD MyPassport using Fat32, but the PS3 wouldn't recognise It, so after scratching my head I got a 64GB USB stick, this was in Fat32, which Is Important because the PS3 only recognises this, the console recognised It as I connected It to a usb port, took nearly a hour to backup, but finally did It.

The new HDD I used was a 1TB 2.5" Samsung HN-M101MBB 5400rpm which has been reported on tech forums as being compatible, very easy to swap the drives over, just slide the new one In.

I took a while to format the new HDD then transfer the old data from the usb drive, but all went well, as a guide I used this

video as a step by step guide, I'm no whizz kid, so anyone can do this. :) 

I doubt i can do  anything like it . Sounds double dutch to me . 

Yes but It's easy If you go step by step on the youtube tutorial, maybe you need a Dutchman to help you lol,