Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jones the butcher

False Messages.

11 posts in this topic

If a ladys boyfriend has access to her phone is it possible for him to send her false text messages from his phone to one of her contacts who's number he got from her phone.

Yes, it it.

Sorry,what i meant was,could he send a message to her making out it was from a client.

Sorry,what i meant was,could he send a message to her making out it was from a client.

With faith, my son, everything is possible!

For the BF to send a txt msg to WG, which appears to come from a known client's telephone would take some technical skill, but is certainly possible.

To send a msg appearing to come from a new or prospective client would require nothing more than a visit to Tesco to buy a spare hand-set and SIM card.

With faith, my son, everything is possible!

For the BF to send a txt msg to WG, which appears to come from a known client's telephone would take some technical skill, but is certainly possible.

To send a msg appearing to come from a new or prospective client would require nothing more than a visit to Tesco to buy a spare hand-set and SIM card.

Thanks ,i'm probably being paranoid as usual.

Do you mean could he send a text to her which would appear to come from a current client's phone number?I'd say not unless he has the client's sim card.

Do you mean could he send a text to her which would appear to come from a current client's phone number?I'd say not unless he has the client's sim card.

Yes Strawberry thats what i mean.I got worried that the boyfriend sent her a nasty message and she thought i didn't want to know her anymore,which is the last thing i would do,i just get really worried about things as i think the world of her.Thanks' i just think i get a bit paranoid sometimes.

Simple

Get access to her phone

Check client's name on it

Set up a new contact on it using clients name (eg Joe Blogs) but use a new telephone number (eg Boyfriend's spare phone)

So you now have two Joe Blogs on her phone but with different telephone numbers 

Boyfriend now sends nasty text from his spare phone which comes up on her phone as coming from Joe Blogs

If she checks further she will discover the text has a different telephone number on it but most people would not think to do that

On a slightly different tack, there are various SMS spoof services on the internet, which allow you to send (for amusement only :unsure: ) text messages which appear to come from any number you choose, and even from "Fred Bloggs" if you wish, as you can specify the "from" in character form.

A few years ago, I sent a girl a birthday text from her cat.  The only thing about it that appeared unrealistic was that replying to it didn't work. Not surprisingly as he didn't have a phone in those days.

Google "spoof sms" for examples. or here http://spoofsms.net

1 person likes this

On a slightly different tack, there are various SMS spoof services on the internet, which allow you to send (for amusement only :unsure: ) text messages which appear to come from any number you choose, and even from "Fred Bloggs" if you wish, as you can specify the "from" in character form.

A few years ago, I sent a girl a birthday text from her cat.  The only thing about it that appeared unrealistic was that replying to it didn't work. Not surprisingly as he didn't have a phone in those days.

Google "spoof sms" for examples. or here http://spoofsms.net

Yes that's what I was going to say, you can from an online text service.

1 person likes this