Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jones the butcher

E-Mails

7 posts in this topic

How can i tell if my E-Mails have been read by the recipient,not A/W i know how that works.

i'm not very techy but i'm learning.

Thanks.

You can't.  There are read receipts but the receipient can overule them.

Readnotify.com

You can just use outlook, but just a head's up, even Readnotify needs the recipient to confirm they have received the email.

Readnotify.com

Thanks Strawberry.Is there  no end to your technical knowledge,bet not a lot of people know about that.lol,

As far as I know, services like readnotify only work if the person receiving the email view the images in an email. That why most email clients these days block images by default - to stop links back to 3rd parties which can be used to track you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webbug

As far as I know, services like readnotify only work if the person receiving the email view the images in an email. That why most email clients these days block images by default - to stop links back to 3rd parties which can be used to track you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webbug

It's not fool proof, doesn't work in every case but can be pretty useful. A client recommended the readnotify service to me. I'd had an incident where a new client had used email to set up a booking with me. We agreed time and date for the outcall, and in my last message to him asked him to phone to confirm at 9am on the day.

He phoned 1 hour before the afternoon outcall, which not having heard from him I'd had to presume was not going ahead and there was no time to get ready. He claimed once we'd agreed the booking, he'd simply logged out and hadn't checked his emails since. 

I hardly ever use readnotify, but if I'm in a similar exchange or need to know a person has read the contents of a message I may decided to attach it.