Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlotte Dean

Camcorder Help For Movie Clips

17 posts in this topic

Hiya Peeps,

I'm looking for a bit of advice as to what camcorder to get so I can do a few naughty movie clips, I'm currently looking at a Panasonic HCX-800 anyone got one of these?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good one?

Many Thanks.

Charlotte x

For my purposes, I find the camera in my phone (Galaxy S3) good enough for decent film quality, especially with the amount of Android editing tools freely available. If you really want a proper camcorder, a friend speaks very highly of the Canon VIXIA HF M52. 

1 person likes this

For my purposes, I find the camera in my phone (Galaxy S3) good enough for decent film quality, especially with the amount of Android editing tools freely available. If you really want a proper camcorder, a friend speaks very highly of the Canon VIXIA HF M52. 

Thanks for that Hendrix I'll check out the Canon.

Well I did a few clips on my iphone5 which looked fantastic when I played them back on the phone but as soon as I viewed them on my pc thats when it went pear shaped! and trying to use windows media player to upload it to the "other place" well forget it, it just doesnt work for me! unless I'm doing something wrong of course?!?

I'm not sure about the iPhone process, but have never had a problem loading up to the "other place".. Or rather the ladies in question haven't! I make sure that the final edited and resized file is saved as an MP4(that seems the easiest to work with), upload it to a sharing site (I use Box . net, up to 5gb free) send the link to the girl and she can then view and upload. All the editing is done via free apps and seems to work fine.

Thanks for that Hendrix, I'll have to try and find out if I can save them as an mp4.  I really appreciate you helping me on this, it's been driving me nuts. 

Thanks for that Hendrix, I'll have to try and find out if I can save them as an mp4.  I really appreciate you helping me on this, it's been driving me nuts. 

You're welcome Charlotte. Talking to a regular yesterday who uses an iPhone for filming, she has the same problem when viewing on a pc..everything looks over pixelated. Not sure whether that's some sort of Windows/Apple compatability issue...she did confirm that the process I described above works perfectly for her when I film her on my phone, so this does seem to be an iphone thing..

Oh..apparently the iPhone saves video as MP4 by default..so that shouldn't be an issue. Are you doing any editing in other apps?..they often convert to a different format which you then have to convert back to MP4..

Edited by hendrix

My equipment (on the technical side  ;) ) is all Apple-Mac, i.e. i-phone, i-pad and MacBook.

The i-phone camera seems to give higher quality for both stills and video than the i-pad, although the latter "blows up" (pardon the pun) quite well.

No problem with the JPEG's, but the videos don't seem to transfer too well to to the normal Windows/Microsoft format, so maybe it is a Microsoft/Apple conflict ?

My friend has a programme, apparently free to download, which allows conversion of most common sorts of video formats to most others. This seems to work OK, and allows me to send some of my naughtier clips to my boy/girl friends who are only on Windows/Microsoft. I must try it for myself so my friend does not get to see all of my action whilst transferring it for me  :ph34r:

Oh..apparently the iPhone saves video as MP4 by default..so that shouldn't be an issue. Are you doing any editing in other apps?..they often convert to a different format which you then have to convert back to MP4..

Hiya Hendrix, No I'm not editing the clips just trying to view them oh but I did have to rotate them on one program which distorted the clips.

I think the problem is that I've recorded them on my iPhone and it just doesn't want to work with Microsoft.  My friend didn't have a problem doing hers on her galaxy.  Bloody iPhone!

xx

Hiya Hendrix, No I'm not editing the clips just trying to view them oh but I did have to rotate them on one program which distorted the clips.

I think the problem is that I've recorded them on my iPhone and it just doesn't want to work with Microsoft.  My friend didn't have a problem doing hers on her galaxy.  Bloody iPhone!

xx

I use Windows Movie Maker to rotate iPhone videos, quick easy and no loss of quality.

Edited by Keen Punter

I use Windows Movie Maker to rotate iPhone videos, quick easy and no loss of quality.

I tried using Movie maker and it couldnt open the clips, perhaps because I tried it first in VLC media player?

I'm in a right muddle!

I tried using Movie maker and it couldnt open the clips, perhaps because I tried it first in VLC media player?

I'm in a right muddle!

Use the source file off the phone and you should be hunky dory.

1 person likes this

Thank you KP, I've ditched my iphone  for the time being and went out this morning and bought a webcam, I've been messing about with that all day and its so much easier to upload clips.

My next mission to master the iphone mwahahahaha.

xXx

Thank you KP, I've ditched my iphone for the time being and went out this morning and bought a webcam, I've been messing about with that all day and its so much easier to upload clips.

My next mission to master the iphone mwahahahaha.

xXx

Look forward to seeing the results at the other place! ;-) x

Thanks Hendrix, you've been an absolute star! ;-) xXx

Thanks Hendrix, you've been an absolute star! ;-) xXx

Not at all. Anytime you need some vague and not entirely correct advice on tech issues, you know who to ask! :)

Not at all. Anytime you need some vague and not entirely correct advice on tech issues, you know who to ask! :)

lmao hey you knew more than me love and anyway I really appreciate you replying and trying to help me out xXx

1 person likes this