Belle de Jour

Scotland Libel Case - I Need Your Help

28 posts in this topic

Hello Punternet! Long time no see etc. Looking good these days. Have you lost weight?

As some of you may be aware, an ex-boyfriend of mine is currently suing me in Scottish courts for defamation.

We have a very strong defence but I'd like to make it bulletproof.

Among other wild and fanciful claims, he will be alleging in court that I made it all up and was never a call girl. (In spite of his previous interviews in which he admits he knew, but claims he didn't know I was having sex with clients!)

Obviously, I have a lot of evidence to show I was, thanks to that nasty tax investigation two years ago. Bank records showing cash deposits, tax returns form the years concerned, and a notebook I kept form that time that happens to have some appointment details - non-identifying, don't worry - that correspond with both diary entires in the books and with cash deposits on my bank records.

We are also working on witnesses who may be willing to come forward.

Only one piece of the puzzle is missing: my profile on the agency website. Unfortunately the website was not indexed by Archive.org, and I'm at a loss to where to begin.

It occurred to me some folks here may already have nb'd which agency I was with, or have screensnaps of agency websites circa 2003-04, or have some advice on how to recover what might be long-lost data.

Any ideas? All suggestions very much appreciated.

Answering my own question like a boss. I have come up with this in Google's cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Xq2dudTUN-MJ:www.geosex.nl/free-dating/PhD-blonde-babe,-MBA-voluptuous-beauty-but-all-having-A-levels.39190.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

Sadly no pics. (And in case you wondered - it was my cat's name)

If anyone can improve on this, though, it would be very helpful.

Now, I am no techie, so can only make some suggestions.

Do you recall there being any reviews about you in your working days on any sites?

I assume that you have already researched your working name.

Conwy - I thought there were some but not on here. Was looking at one of t'other places (Cap'n) but not finding anything. Does anyone know what other review sites would have been active back then? (If so, might be better to send me a message if that breaks forum rules)

Conwy - I thought there were some but not on here. Was looking at one of t'other places (Cap'n) but not finding anything. Does anyone know what other review sites would have been active back then? (If so, might be better to send me a message if that breaks forum rules)

No, no problem with that at all.

Did you have anything on Plink?

Ah, good call Holly - I'll check over there :-)

I'm not sure if Galahad deleted old reports or just archived them in his purge. Either way it may be worth asking if he could find any.

1 person likes this

I'll flag this up for his attention. 

Have you checked the archives in Capt? There are archive pages... x

I'm not sure if Galahad deleted old reports or just archived them in his purge. Either way it may be worth asking if he could find any.

No luck unfortunately.

Tech isnt my forte,however if its screen shots of your agency profiles,stuff like that youre after then you may want to try pic share/file share sites.Normally i wouldnt make this suggestion,but seeing as you are more than a little well known theres a chance shots may have been uploaded/requested

Tech isnt my forte,however if its screen shots of your agency profiles,stuff like that youre after then you may want to try pic share/file share sites.Normally i wouldnt make this suggestion,but seeing as you are more than a little well known theres a chance shots may have been uploaded/requested

It would also help to know what the name of the agency website was!!? Forgive my ignorance for not being able to read minds!? In addition, perhaps she could try and conduct a search on the old agency number. That may well yield additional information, as we discussed indirectly, on another thread. 

Finally, if she has retained the exact copies of pictures used on her old profile, she could scan them in and try a google or TinEye reverse image search. Unlikely, due to time but you never know. 

Edited by drzhivago

It would also help to know what the name of the agency website was!!? Forgive my ignorance for not being able to read minds!? In addition, perhaps she could try and conduct a search on the old agency number. That may well yield additional information, as we discussed indirectly, on another thread. 

Finally, if she has retained the exact copies of pictures used on her old profile, she could scan them in and try a google or TinEye reverse image search. Unlikely, due to time but you never know. 

My bad... didn't look at the link!  :o

Also, if you still have a copy of the photo(s) that appeared on the site you could try Google image search.  This will find any copies of the Photo out there on the web and might reveal mirror sites or other archives.

Only one piece of the puzzle is missing: my profile on the agency website. Unfortunately the website was not indexed by Archive.org, and I'm at a loss to where to begin.

Are you sure?

It looks like the site you linked in the Google cache is:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040701000000*/http://www.geosex.nl

Belle

I have done a Google search using the pics I downloaded in 2009.

The only result was a match with "Stacy Marie Fuson".

I assume this was a pic the agency used and not one that you provided!

Please see my PM regarding other details I can send you.

UK Chap

Way back machine?

I have done a Google search using the pics I downloaded in 2009.

The only result was a match with "Stacy Marie Fuson".

I assume this was a pic the agency used and not one that you provided!

Dagnabbit - just did a Google image search on that name. I know they def had real pics of me in late '03 but it never occurred to me they might have swapped them out later on!

Have messaged back with contact details you can pass any pics on to, for confirmation. Thank you.

Call off the search! I found it - thank you everyone for your help and suggestions, some pretty aggressive trawling of geosex's archive turned something up with a pic.

Let me preface this by saying, this pic is TERRIBLE, and I wrote about how horrid the shoot was in the first book. It was, in fact, the experience that made me think "I should really be blogging this." So feast your eyes and get ready to die laughing...

http://web.archive.org/web/20040510223824/http://www.geosex.nl/home_pages/html/a/d/f/adfde.html

Well at least now I can prove I was a hooker in court! The "high class" part just went MIA tho. I could almost deal with this except for those frickin' gloves :lol:

Glad to see you've got your evidence Belle, well done.  Seeing those Alphababes profiles was like Proust eating little cakes though.  That art direction and Vaseline-on-the-lens photographic treatment took me right back.

Fingers crossed for a successful day in court,

S

I'm wondering if the OP is the real 'Belle de Jour'?

I'm wondering if the OP is the real 'Belle de Jour'?

What makes you ask that?