Charlotte Dean

Voting Posts Up

396 posts in this topic

Is this a new feature or am i going mad?

9 people like this

I noticed it yesterday.  Hit an up vote by accident and there doesn't seem to be any way of reversing it.  Seems a wholly pointless addition to me.

5 people like this

There would be a point to it if it allowed me to register my utter contempt for everything JKay says but it seems we aren't allowed to vote on mods' posts.

3 people like this

I went ballistic and voted for a lot of posts. Only problem I've used up all my quota for the day. :(

3 people like this

It is a new feature.. or rather, a newly enabled feature. Just thought I'd switch it on and see how it goes.

It's a bit like using emoticons; the online equivalent of traffic-calming road humps.  They did serve a purpose once, but then they get overused and become distracting.  

2 people like this

I went ballistic and voted for a lot of posts. Only problem I've used up all my quota for the day. :(

That's hilarious!  :P

2 people like this

It is a new feature.. or rather, a newly enabled feature. Just thought I'd switch it on and see how it goes.

Well I think it's nice to see some new changes G.

2 people like this

When I saw the headline I thought this may be about the fair and democratic voting process in Zimbabwe ;)

2 people like this

When I saw the headline I thought this may be about the fair and democratic voting process in Zimbabwe ;)

It most certaily is. You can vote for anyone BUT the Mods.

2 people like this

Is it anon or can you see whos voted your posts?

2 people like this

Does anyone know what the number means below the profile picture space when you move the curser over the name of the poster . ?

I have a number 11   , not the number of warnings as I've only got one of them .  ? 

1 person likes this

Does anyone know what the number means below the profile picture space when you move the curser over the name of the poster . ?

I have a number 11   , not the number of warnings as I've only got one of them .  ? 

It looks like it is the number of votes up you have had.

1 person likes this

How many times can you vote? Yesterday I could only 8 times and today I've hit 10. :D

How many times can you vote? Yesterday I could only 8 times and today I've hit 10. :D

I have no idea.

That is, apparently, your "reputation".  If you go into someone's profile page you will find a new section called Reputation.  Click on that and it shows you which of their posts have been voted on.  It looks like everyone starts with a reputation of 10 and then gains one point for every up vote they have and loses a point for every down vote.  So you (worldpunter) currently have a reputation of 12 as you have had 2 up votes on 2 posts.  I have a reputation of 8 as I have had 2 more down votes than I have had up votes on my posts.  I'm aiming for zero, so please mark this post down.

Edited by DanLeno
2 people like this

@ Dan , ok done that for you , now another question  , Do you get a prize for the most points on a particular post ?   In which case mark this post up .

2 people like this

If nothing else this has given us a new and exciting topic.

If nothing else this has given us a new and exciting topic.

That may be OK for you, but I'm still confused over the new baby from last week! :(

That may be OK for you, but I'm still confused over the new baby from last week! :(

No need for confusion: the stork brought it. :)

Now, back to voting up. I particularly wish to "vote up" your post about a happy fish being a tasty fish but I can't remember where it was.

That is, apparently, your "reputation".  If you go into someone's profile page you will find a new section called Reputation.  Click on that and it shows you which of their posts have been voted on.  It looks like everyone starts with a reputation of 10 and then gains one point for every up vote they have and loses a point for every down vote.  So you (worldpunter) currently have a reputation of 12 as you have had 2 up votes on 2 posts.  I have a reputation of 8 as I have had 2 more down votes than I have had up votes on my posts.  I'm aiming for zero, so please mark this post down.

I thought you loved communism.

No need for confusion: the stork brought it. :)

Now, back to voting up. I particularly wish to "vote up" your post about a happy fish being a tasty fish but I can't remember where it was.

It's in the bird's eye thread!! ;)

1 person likes this

Ahh ,   I understand it now , the top post with the highest Rep is from Charlotte  , with 6 points at this time . There is a reputation score you can click on at the bottom right hand side of the forum page . I think in future days it will show who the sensible posters are . Well done Charlotte .

1 person likes this

.... I have a reputation of 8 as I have had 2 more down votes than I have had up votes on my posts.  I'm aiming for zero, so please mark this post down.

I have a cunning plan to impede your progress by consistently voting all your posts up.  Your attempt has been foiled.

MwaHAHAHA

Edited by WhilstNeroplays
2 people like this