Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedarkknightrises

Travel Fee - Shouldn't That Be In The Rate Already?

27 posts in this topic

I Punt mainly in London, usually Outcalls when I am in a hotel for work purposes.

I am finding more & more these days that when I inquire about a Outcall booking I am quoted a travel fee on top of the Outcall rate advertised.

The hotels are nearly always within walking distance for either a Tube, DLR or Overground stations & are at a reasonable time ( if it's a late booking I offer to pay for a taxi back home).

A typical incall fee is around £150 & outcall is £200, I always thought the extra £50 was for travel & time           ( whether you use public transport,taxi, have a driver or drive yourself).

Guys - Would a travel fee on top of the rate advertised put you off?

Girls - Shouldn't the rate advertised include travel as well?.

2 people like this

I think it ought to include travel expenses, with exception of the airports.

The difference between an in call fee and out call is the cost of extra time and travel exps.

To then add on further costs is just taking the pssssssssssss  .... unless I am missing some vital point here.

1 person likes this

Typically, if the outcall rate is £50 more as in your example, I'd expect that to cover travel costs within London, say, Zones 1-4 at least.  Like you, if it's a particularly late night booking, I'd offer to cover a taxi. Charging more on top of the already higher outcall rate would probably put me off.

I know one wg in my area who charges for travel if more than half an hour, but her outcall rates are the same as her incalls.

If a wg's outcall rates are more expensive than her incalls, i would take that to include at least a reasonable amount of travel.

In my opinion the WG should display the same figure for outcall as incall. The additional charge for an outcall to be negotiated so that the further she had to travel the more she gets paid. Both travelling time and expenses to be taken into account. You have to expect to pay her for the time it takes to get to you and back. Also what time of day or night.

Obviously travelling time and expenses is a one off charge and doesn't double if the booking is for two hours instead of one.

Why should a punter who is 5 miles away pay as much for travelling as someone who is 25 miles away?

Yes

A travel fee, in a city where there are literally 100s of WGs, within spitting distance? No. 

Go for a reverse booking on Adultwork and disregard the conventional way of making a booking. You'll pay nowhere near the girls regular outcall price. I don't pay any more than £100 for a 1 hour outcall, with a maximum being £120.

I'd be able to provide you with better advice if you specified where in London you had in mind, type of girl and the services you were after. :cool:

Depends. 

If I'm doing a very local outcall I tend to do it for my incall fee plus £10, or the taxi fee there and back. For places further afield I have minimum booking times which are dependent on the time I know it takes to get there, and are fully inclusive of all my expenses. If however someone requires a dinner date or overnight at the other end of the country I'd be considering adding on the cost of the return train ticket because aside from the actual cost of a ticket somewhere like London/Glasgow even further, it's going to take me a full day to get there and back, never mind the booking.

Edited by Strawberry

To get from London from here can be quite costly so I always put a little extra on the cost.  Also on top of that hotels are more expensive down there so maybe that's the reason for touring girls.

A 50 mile radius from where I live on outcall cost £20.  Over that was £50 I'm afraid :(

Again it depends for me to get to Central London from where I live it's a two and a half hour drive each way.  So say I had a two hour booking it would cost me in time 7 hours to go there and back and do the booking. So yes I would charge on top of my outcall fees.

For something more local then no I don't charge anything on top but I do have a higher rate than my incall fee, I prefer incalls and so my price reflects that.

Im outcall only and i include my travel fees in my rate but if it is a little further out then i just request a min booking length ... easier that way then it covers the travel expenses/time and so forth :P

I only charge a tenner more per hour outcall with a minimum of two hours. The first hour covers the taxi there snd the second the taxi home. Most hotels in mk are within a ten pounds journey range and they are my only acceptable outcall locations. Home address, forget it. Out of town, only if the travel fee is paid in advance as last time I get to euston only to receive a text saying "so sorry, have to cancel" . x

I Punt mainly in London, usually Outcalls when I am in a hotel for work purposes.

I am finding more & more these days that when I inquire about a Outcall booking I am quoted a travel fee on top of the Outcall rate advertised.

The hotels are nearly always within walking distance for either a Tube, DLR or Overground stations & are at a reasonable time ( if it's a late booking I offer to pay for a taxi back home).

A typical incall fee is around £150 & outcall is £200, I always thought the extra £50 was for travel & time           ( whether you use public transport,taxi, have a driver or drive yourself).

Yes, which is one reason i am only interested in Incalls.

Surely it doesn't matter, so long as the details are clearly stated.

The only thing I object to is the easyjet model where you buy a 1 pound ticket and then get 100 pounds of charges added when you get to checkout.

I do have a higher rate than my incall fee, I prefer incalls and so my price reflects that.

I must agree with Charlotte here on the difference between incall and outcall fees.   I would have thought that any punter with a modicum of intelligence would realise that if a lady increased her incall fee by an unusually high amount to make it an outcall fee then it must mean that she really doesn't like doing outcalls but if she does then she wants to make it worth her while.     It's just the same as the tradesman who prefers to work within 5 miles of home not 50 miles.  

It's the same just for incalls.   I was browsing one lady's profile earlier and these were her fees:

30 minutes........£90           60 minutes.......£130           90 minutes........£190              120 minutes.........£280

Unless the lady is absolutely useless at maths it doesn't take a genius to work out that she prefers 60 and 90 minute bookings and has priced accordingly.   She didn't have a price for longer than 120 minutes.   So if someone booked 30 or 120 minutes she was making sure that she got paid for the fact that she didn't really want that length of booking.    Nothing wrong with that.  

What do you do when you work further afield?   I've worked in many countries and often flown over to France, Denmark and so on.  Should that be included in the initial fee?  Charlottes right though.  It makes sense to keep prices low at home and stay there rather than travel for work, other than off course the sight seeing whilst not working, but even that's not that much fun when alone.

personally i prefer doing incalls, purely for the fact i am lazy. so am going to make it worth my while when it comes to outcalls by charging a little more. however, more on top of an in call rate that is within a 15 mile radius plus 'travel expenses' is ridiculous 

I rarely do outcalls these days so none of this applies to me, but back in the day when I was outcall only, it was the same hourly rate no matter where I went or how far I travelled.  The difference for me would be a requirement of two hours minimum if I had to travel a distance away such as York as an example.

I'm with infinit on this one.

Up to the SP and as long as it's clear beforehand the punter has the choice.

I don't see why outcall should be the same as incall - more risk, inconvenience, could miss a booking in the time travelling - seems obvious to me.

I'm with infinit on this one.

Up to the SP and as long as it's clear beforehand the punter has the choice.

I don't see why outcall should be the same as incall - more risk, inconvenience, could miss a booking in the time travelling - seems obvious to me.

Agree with you,especially with the traveling time which technically is part of the booking.For those that disagree or moan about the extra charge put it in a non punting context.Outside of punting you have a call out charge.Is this not the same thing?

Agree with you,especially with the traveling time which technically is part of the booking.For those that disagree or moan about the extra charge put it in a non punting context.Outside of punting you have a call out charge.Is this not the same thing?

It is a similar thing, but a call out charge invariably includes at least some travel.

As mentioned though, it's a buyers market and if a punter doesn't like what a wg charges, there are plenty of alternatives. A high percentage of my bookings have been outcalls and I've never paid more than £20 above the average incall rate for the area I punt in for a 2 hour booking.

It is a similar thing, but a call out charge invariably includes at least some travel.

As mentioned though, it's a buyers market and if a punter doesn't like what a wg charges, there are plenty of alternatives. A high percentage of my bookings have been outcalls and I've never paid more than £20 above the average incall rate for the area I punt in for a 2 hour booking.

So does an outcall.Last time i got hit with a call out charge the firm was a whole 5 min drive away.

Taking into consideration the fact that an outcall booking for say 2 hours actually uses up possibly a lot more than 2 hours of a ladys time, possibly 3, 4 or even 5 hours then some ladys may have a higher rate simply for that fact. If its a long way though then they may add the travel fee too. I know if I have an outcall I need to leave work at least 2 hours earlier so that I can get home, bathe, do my hair and make up then get ready and go. That includes the travel time from my working flat to home and then to the hotel too which in itself can take up over half an hour and I only go to outcalls in mk. So, if the travel time is half an hour there then half an hour back thats 3 hours a two hour booking will take up, then an hour getting ready, thats doubled the time with the guy already, if you are further away say a 45 minute drive then its over doubled it. 

This may be why some girls outcall charges are more than the incall and then they ask for travel fees if over a certain cost...I guess x

All of the above is why I rarely bother with outcalls, half a day gone for 2 hours fee, whats the point when I can take incalls and possible see a couple of guys for 2 hours each in the same 5 hours. It has to be worth the money or its not worth it. x

A few years ago I did a great many out calls when I was booked through an agency.

Some of those appointments were up to an hour's travel each way.  I used an agency driver..... much cheaper than a taxi.

The out call fee was always around £30 more than the in.

However....after paying the agency fee.... then as much again for the driver..... what was left for myself after spending perhaps 3 hours for a one hour meeting... was less than if I had an in call for that hour.

I did not complain then and am not now... I accepted this arrangement and was content at that time.

These days I rarely accept out calls and am much more content with how I do things now.

First time I've seen this one - a girl I've seen twice offered outcalls only until recently. She's just started offering incalls - which are more expensive than her outcalls....

I'm seeing her on an outcall in a couple of weeks, but am reluctant to ask the reason for this in case she just increases her outcall rates!

Seems the wrong way round to me though.....